1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jeremy Lin is a joke!!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Dei, Nov 12, 2012.

?

Is Jeremy Lin a joke?

1. Yes :)

321 vote(s)
    42.3%
  2. No :(

437 vote(s)
    57.7%
  1. Clarinetmonster

Imagine if Asik and Jones could ever finish a layup off a Lin assist.

2. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

3. Reach

Reach Member

My guess is that Lin's been having back problems that began with that episode of back spasms some time ago. Ever since then, his shooting percentage and ability to penetrate have dropped noticeably. Perhaps he's a bit injury prone?

4. davek

davek Member

You talk like you're part of the organization. No one here is demanding anything for Lin. We're conversing why someone who has been so productive thus far getting his min squeezed. Granted he has been playing poorly but by reducing his role also reduces the Rox performance in the long haul. I believe someone here ran some sort of stat that show when Lin play X amount of Min the higher probability the Rox win. To say that we'll like to see Lin get sufficient min doesn't mean for the betterment of Lin. He is our, "best" player on the bench it's not like the team has anyone else. I do not know if those stats hold true since I'm not a stats guy but it is it should be of great importance.

To the point, no one knows the eff is going on with Lin play recently...but reducing his role and min is not helping with his funk or the team. I hope the cheap CP3 shot did him some good. Please wake up!!! Playoff is just around the corner!!:mad:

5. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

In that case, I apologize.

6. solid

solid Contributing Member

Lin seems to be suffering from a premature case of Schaubitis. He might recover, might not. In any case, he is in a deep slump at a time we desperately need him. His playing time is going to shrink if this continues,but who gets it?

7. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

The Lin playing X amount of minutes and how it relates to Rockets wins doesn't prove anything about how many minutes he should get.

It's simple. When he plays well he's going to get more minutes. When he plays well it gives the team a better chance to win. It's not a certain amount of minutes that equals a win, it's all about him playing well. He plays well he gets more minutes and the rockets get more wins.

8. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Definitely.

It's like in the NFL when they talk about running the ball. If you run the ball you win more games but a lot of teams run the ball because they're already winning. Doh

9. khyberjones

khyberjones Member

Clutchfans has it wrong. Playing Lin extra minutes is key for them to win against quality opponents. The Rockets are a much better team now than when they started the year so they can handle a bad team without Lin making a big contribution, but they won't have a winning record against good teams without him. He creates a matchup problem for other teams and that opens things up. The only thing he hasn't been doing since the All Star Break is shoot the ball at his usual 45%-48% shooting percentage. That will average itself out. The stats are all there: when he gets 10+ shots a game they have a high winning percentage.

10. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Too logical. I'm sorry, but this is probably the wrong thread for logic.

11. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Mind-boggling that this is difficult to comprehend.

12. Doktor Mndbndr

That CXbby dude likes to play "gotcha" with this, based on mediocre deriving from a root word that is a variant of 'middle'; so literally it means maybe 40th to 60th percentile-ish.

But in practice it's become a euphemism, a polite way of saying, "this guy's 20th to 49th percentile". Someone at the 50th percentile would be said to be "average", and higher to be "above average". So you're left with the lowered range.

It's a very useful word. Covering the range from "ordinary" down to "inferior" and in need of replacement.

(Just playing word nazi for kicks here... this particular post is not a Lin comment for me.)

13. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

i appreciate your thorough reply and will try to address your points as best i can...

i am not that big a fan of lin either, in fact i've been one of the most vocal proponents in the GARM the past few weeks for obtaining rondo to replace him. and i probably didn't post about him even once during his stint in NY and had actually preferred keeping dragic over him during our summer offseason in 2012. i do think he has one very good nba skill of being able to penetrate and create for the team, but that in any case he's just not the best fit with harden.

my issue with lin here has been the trolling and baiting of his fans by other posters. things like responding to their posts with a pic of a chinese guy crying or making fun of their english, for instance. i just don't think this kind of race baiting is productive for the GARM (towards a rockets player or towards fans). i've brought it up about lin because the hate for him and his fans here has regularly gone beyond his play on the court and become a pile-on attack on asians. garcia's also played poorly (maybe even worse than lin), but there hasn't been an anti-dominican barage. maybe the irrational and extreme posters here just think it's more okay or easier or even fun to clown asians. admittedly, i do not know many asian people personally, and it does feel a bit odd for me to be standing up for them, but it's just hard for me to remain silent when i believe something's not right. i'll also add that the frequent asian penis jokes in the hangout don't reflect well on the site either.

it was probably naive of me to assume you'd give me the benefit of the doubt on this. not that i'm blaming you at all because there are so many tens of thousands of posters here now. but i just (foolishly) assumed that you already knew me as a longtime and candid poster here and therefore wouldn't suspect me of trying to make up a "story" or scenario just to try and make you or the site look bad. i only remembered the thread in question disappearing and the feeling of "that's not right, why is the 'lin is a joke' thread with the asian-bashing allowed to go on??" i apologize again now for vaguely remembering the details, but it wasn't my intent to be deceptive about it and in fact at the time of posting i had actually thought you were going to help to refresh my memory about the details of this disappeared thread!

i haven't changed any version since the initial mix up with mchale instead of sampson. as far as closed/deleted, for my computer unsavvy mind it's all the same to me i just remember the thread disappearing. i'm so computer unsavvy that to date i've never even posted a picture on clutchfans because i still don't know how to do it. i also don't know how to reply to your long post without manually copying & pasting your reply over and over again and then deleting out the excerpts i'm not currently responding to! if the thread in question was merged with the game thread, then it still strikes me as odd that the thread was not just permitted to remain active.

i haven't been able to give rep since my posts in the "jeremy lin 60 minutes" thread. before that, i gave rep to posts i considered good quite often, and always anonymously. i have not been able to rep any post since april 5th of last year.

as far as any martyr routine, i've been here long enough to see a lot of people get banned and realize that what i'm doing is probably not very smart if i want to keep posting here. but unfortunately for me, i'm still even now 100% sure i saw that thread appear and then disappear, and so 'not very smart' still seems right to me.

by bringing up the sampson thread disappearance, that is more like me advocating for the exact opposite of censorship. if you mean pushing for censorship by putting an end to the anti-asian brigade by many in the GARM, then yes you're correct.

for what it's worth, i will say that the backlash by some against you here personally for preferring bev over lin is unfounded. specifically those saying that race is a part of it are completely mistaken. i know this because you were one of yao's earliest and biggest fans here throughout his career. but imo newer posters here who never saw how much you loved yao can only go by perceptions. and if they see posts clowning asians every time they log on, then that might just make them assume clutchfans on the whole advocates that sort of thing.

1 person likes this.
  14. Rox11

Rox11 Member

And so this thread has also become a lin....i mean joke.

Jeremy Lin in Vietnamese means Michael Jordan
    His number is 17 because thats how many players it takes to guard him.

15. archinkent

archinkent Member

Well if you know we desperately need him, so why not try to support him and hope he gets better for the benefit of the team instead of putting him down even more?

16. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

This is what I have said multiple times in this thread already. We need all the firepower we can get come playoffs time. This includes Lin. We need a scorer off the bench against teams like Spurs, Thunder, Clippers, ect.

17. Panda23

Panda23 Member

THANKS LINBAMACARE

18. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

There is nothing mediocre about his performances. They are typically either very good or piss poor. He is the Eli Manning of NBA point guards.

19. solid

solid Contributing Member

I do support him. I really like him as a person and a player, but if he is injured he needs to come forward. If he has personal problems admit it. There has to be an explanation for his recent decline. This is a performance based sport and business. If you don't "bring it" every game, you are going to get criticized, nature of the beast. I didn't mean to insult him with the "Schaubitis" remark. It might not have been appropriate, but I am really frustrated with his lack of focus. If I offended anyone including Jeremy, I apologize.

20. meh

meh Contributing Member

It's funny, because I remember JVG commenting on this in one of his recent broadcasts. Basically JVG found it funny that fans would use terms like "If only Player A can be more consistent..." And JVG just said, and I paraphrase, player A is not consistent BECAUSE he's not good. Being inconsistent is part of not being good enough to be consistent.

Jeremy Lin is mediocre. And as a result of that mediocrity, performs inconsistently. He is most certainly both mediocre and inconsistent.

1 person likes this.