1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Can former Rocket Eric Gordon and the Suns bounce back against the Timberwolves? Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Jeremy Lin is a joke!!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Dei, Nov 12, 2012.

?

Is Jeremy Lin a joke?

1. Yes :)

321 vote(s)
    42.3%
  2. No :(

437 vote(s)
    57.7%
  1. Crashlanded19

Crashlanded19 Member

damn...lol kill him

2. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

the email was returned back to me undeliverable, so i'll just post it here:

1 person likes this.
  3. hollandog

hollandog Member

Well said.

4. ZNB

ZNB Contributing Member

98 beat up civic > Focus > M5 + SLK

5. Nanisteru

Nanisteru Rookie

Hmm if this is true... then theres a lot of hypocrisy in what you are accused of being. I don't agree with him calling you a lin fan.

I do agree with clutch that some of these posts about Lin are very polarizing.

6. garfangle

garfangle Member

93 Geo Metro manual hatchback > 98 beat up civic > Focus > M5 + SLK

1 person likes this.
  7. ThisVoice

ThisVoice Member

Im trying to understand this... How could he be a LOF when he joined this site back in 2000?

8. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Please learn to read... he called him a Lin Fan, not an Lin Only Fan. There is a huuuuuuuuge difference.

9. srrm

srrm Contributing Member

He's a Lin fan, not a Lin ONLY fan.

10. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Umm.. Clutch NEVER called you a LOF. He called you a Lin Fan.

11. King1

King1 Contributing Member

Reading comprehension isn't the strong suit of most Lin fans.

12. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

I didn't say LOF. I said Lin fan, and there are plenty of reasons why pre-2012 Rockets fans can be irrational, extreme and sensitive when it comes to Jeremy Lin.

Let's be honest here:

First, you claimed there was a double standard on the site because we had closed a "McHale is a joke" thread. I said 'where is it then?' and pointed you to a 3500+ (now 7000+) post "FIRE MCHALE!" thread that completely cut the legs out from under your accusation. That thread is still going today.

You then changed your story, saying it wasn't a McHale thread after all, that we had closed a "Kelvin Sampson is a joke" thread instead. I again said, "Then where is it?" You couldn't find it, saying closed threads don't show up on search (which is false), so ...

You then changed your story a third time, saying it wasn't closed at all -- it was deleted from existence. Here's a refresher course:

Here's the problem with your constantly-changing version of events: We don't delete anything. Even problem posts that are "deleted" by a regular user's standards are simply moved to what you could consider a trash bin, and I'm telling you -- there's no record of any thread by that name.

Now like I said, for all I know that thread existed and was merged with the game thread or some other thread, but I can tell you for sure -- we don't block criticism of others and allow it for Lin, which is what you continue to claim. Pippen, Maloney, Francis, Mobley, Cato, Rafer, T-Mac, Yao, Rafer, Ariza, Harden's defense, every coach, exec and owner, on and on... I mean there are hundreds of threads I could reference that would make you look silly. Why is Jeremy Lin any different that we are not to allow him to be criticized by fans here when he struggles?

Your account was in perfect standing when you wrote this. You accused me of a double standard that didn't exist. I explained it to you. You make the same accusation again and now are playing the martyr routine.

Don't kid yourself that you're trying to better the site. You're simply pushing for censorship.

13. archinkent

archinkent Member

From my understanding, it seems like now every Lin fans/defenders are considered LOFs regardless of join dates.

And yes, I had been called a LOF a few times already eventhough I joined when Lin was unheard of.

14. hubeijames

hubeijames Member

Clutch pretends to be an impartial observer but from what I can tell he has for a long time though of Lin as mediocre at best and does not think Lin has a long term future on the Rockets.

A bit of a slip betraying his personal opinions for him to dismiss a poster here simply by accusing him of being a "Lin fan," but it's nothing new. And as admin of course it's his right to judge that this forum has room for a thread dedicated to criticism of Lin, which is definitely understandable considering this forum's long history of threads dedicated to criticism of pretty much every player, coach and FO staff member of the Rockets ever.

15. mr_gootan

mr_gootan Member

Q: How many Jeremy Lin's does it take to screw in a lightbulb?
    A: Just one. He holds the lightbulb and the universe revolves around
    him.

Q: Why did Jeremy Lin cross the basketball court?
    A: He heard the referee calling fowls

16. tkrieger

tkrieger Member

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

17. tkrieger

tkrieger Member

Q: What do you call Jeremy Lin upgrading his iPhone?
    A: An Apple turnover.

18. SunsRocketsfan

I think what people meant was he's the next Cliff Paul

[​IMG]

19. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Full of potential! Get the man a basketball.

20. JustAGuy

JustAGuy Member

I don't get this at all. He's a fan, how can he possibly impartial? Why would an impartial observer even have started a Rockets forum? And once he has started such a forum, why does he have to turn off his opinions?

So far as I can tell he is pretty fair in letting opinions be expressed. I think he kicks the anthill sometimes, but have you ever read (for example) the twitter messages being sent to him? I did that after a game once... it's beyond ridiculous.

As for his feelings on Lin, he's said what he thinks more than once, you don't have to guess.