1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Why do doods equate eating spicy food as being a 'Man'?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by donkeypunch, Feb 25, 2014.

1. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

Bahahahahaha repped

2. Buck Turgidson

These are the same people who order multiple jaeger/vodka and redbull drinks at a bar.

3. H-townhero

H-townhero Member

Super spicey food = covering up ****ty cooking :p

4. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Macho guys like to see who's the strongest, they like to see who can chug beer the fastest, they like to street race cars, they like to see who can eat the most chicken wings, etc. Many guys are just dorks. lol.

BTW, if by "spicy", you mean "hot", capsaicin supposedly gives the body an endorphin rush that some people like. I like hot peppers, but would never eat them in quantity as a challenge. I just love growing them and adding them to foods I eat to kick the heat up.

5. droxford

droxford Member

I only like medium spice. Any more than that detracts from the food flavor and upsets my stomach.

I'm confident enough in myself that I don't feel that I have to prove my "toughness" to anyone. If someone wants to call me a p***y because I won't eat something or drink something (or anything else), I really don't care.

6. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

7. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

On topic, I loooooove spicy food but I think my stomach lining has been weakened over the years. I used to be able to handle it with ease, but if I eat anything even on the level of Hooter's 3-mile island wings (which I used to not even consider hot), I will have stomach aches and a very uncomfortable few trips to the toilet afterwards. :( Still worth it every once in a while though... kinda like getting hammered even though you know the hangover is coming.

8. dback816

dback816 Member

Why do people equate all sorts of stupid **** as being a "man"?

9. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

hahah niiice

10. likestohypeguy

So despite the fact that this feat leaves all your buddies in disbelief, every time you eat a hot pepper, they still keep demanding these heat challenges against you when they see you do it? Even though you keep winning the challenges?! Some very determined buddies!

Unless, were they a little less direct/official than that? Like if you kept offering/talking about how hot your pepper is, and someone mentions a different type of pepper they heard about that you could try in response. Then you had to explain that "yes I could, I mean I can probably take the most heat out of everyone here, but it's not a competition, and I eat hot peppers only because I like them. I'm not going to eat a ghost pepper just to prove a point. That's not what eating hot peppers is about."

Because otherwise, I don't think they generally do. Do that, the challenges, and equating manhood etc.

1 person likes this.
  11. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Spicy food has its place. It definitely is used as a masking agent at ****ty wing places but there are also plenty of world class restaurants that serve very spicy food that is incredibly tasty.

12. meh

meh Contributing Member

Interesting. So does this mean spices that give of the spicy taste also give off some other sensation that's positive? That the spicyness itself is only a byproduct of another taste? Because I know with some food, having it cooked spicy makes it simply taste better.

13. Panda23

Panda23 Member

Just tell em you got a 9inch trouser snake and you bench tree-fiddy

14. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Spicy food is ok at the time of eating but oh my the toilet suffers later...

15. James Gabriel

James Gabriel Member

My recommendation in case of incineration.

[​IMG]

16. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

:eek: BE A MAN, jotos:

http://youtu.be/J8XlA8-D-JY
    Man v Food S03e013 Jersey Shore part 2
    <object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="//www.youtube.com/v/J8XlA8-D-JY?hl=en_US&amp;version=3"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="//www.youtube.com/v/J8XlA8-D-JY?hl=en_US&amp;version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

Incendiary Habanero-extraced infused Ludicrous wings. :cool:

#36 SwoLy-D, Feb 26, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2014
  17. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Women are competitive as well. Let one friend get married before the other. Or, let another women wear the same outfit.

Is this same rush when eating the green sauce associated with sushi? That stuff goes straight to the head!!

18. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

endorphin rush

19. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

apocalypse????? :confused:

20. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm not an expert on this but my understanding is that the flavor of things like peppers isn't just capsaicin but several other chemicals. The burn of capsaicin adds to the overall sensation of eating spicy food and not just the flavor.