1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] The numbers are clear: Patrick Beverley deserves to start over Jeremy Lin

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 21, 2014.

1. CasaDolce

CasaDolce Rookie

Knee jerk much? He had a triple-double game not that long ago.

2. CasaDolce

CasaDolce Rookie

So... The numbers are clear... Jeremy doesn't score a lot when he comes off the bench so he deserves to start... :p

3. uncontestedshot

The only reason Beverly is starting over Lin is that Harden can hog the ball more.

4. thebeardedwon

thebeardedwon Member

yeah if anything the numbers are clear jeremy lin doesn't deserve to have a roster spot

5. Kwame

Kwame Contributing Member

I can't believe the Rockets are paying Lin more than the Suns are paying Dragic, smh.

6. Toonrox

Toonrox Member

If they swap salaries, everyone will be saying what a steal Lin is.

Sometimes I wonder if people see the irony in putting down JL after a bad game and yet complain about LOFs for putting down other rocket players.

7. thebeardedwon

thebeardedwon Member

[​IMG]

Lin don't care! he's getting laid!

It's always just been about the pu$$y and Hos for J-Lin

8. tkrieger

tkrieger Member

Don't blame the Suns......

9. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

the LOFs have been awfully silent as of late

10. Andrew Wiggins

Guys let's remember 1 thing. Most Rockets fans wanted to tank when we signed Lin because we were stuck at 14. Les wanted Lin for his market following and Morey went out and got him. What's the point in arguing when Dragic would make us first round exit or 14th again when Lin's fan$ were a guaranteed thing. I'm sure if we had the roster we have today then the Rockets would do everything they could do keep Dragic and go for a championship.

11. thebeardedwon

thebeardedwon Member

seriously though. I have a friend who washes jeremy's cars. He tells me the only thing that Jeremy cares about is hos. He could care less about most other things as long as he's getting laid.

12. Juxtaposed Jolt

Because Lin shares his life with the person who washes his car?

13. Drphil

Drphil Member

I wonder if the neighbors hear him screaming for the Lord every night.

14. Mr. Space City

lin making too much money to smashing mediocre women like that.

15. thebeardedwon

thebeardedwon Member

You'd be surprised. Lin isn't as "good" of a person as some might think. Fame, money, and ho's changes people.

16. andoks

andoks Member

LOF vs LOH vs Rocket fans y'all should take it to the next level and physically duke it out. That would end the argument.

17. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

you might be the strangest person on this board... bizarre posts everywhere... you always high, brah?

18. thebeardedwon

thebeardedwon Member

Don't assassinate my character of I'll come back twice as hard.

Put yourself in my position and you might find that it's still easy to call names. So move on and no harm done.

19. Albinoswordfish

I don't understand why a lot of you "Rockets" fans are so desperate to see a guy fail that's on your own team. When I see comments like "he's going to be out of the league", "he doesn't deserve a roster spot" I get this feeling you will feel vindicated if this does in fact happen.

Just a few weeks ago, Lin led the Rockets to a 7 game winning streak with HUGE games over the Spurs and the Mavericks on back to back nights. Something the Rockets haven't accomplished in over a decade. He's basically been playing well most of the season.

OK he's had a lackluster 3 games since the ASB, OFFENSIVELY. Most NBA players goes through small slumps throughout the season. Go look at any game logs for any starter in the league. You'll see a couple game stretches of low offensive productivity. In fact Ray Allen had like a stretch of 10+ games when he was with the Celtics of horrible shooting.

Despite all of this Lin was a +1 today while Beverly was a -2. So when people say "Lin nearly cost them the game", it sounds really foolish.

1 person likes this.
  20. Play07

Play07 Member

I get that everyone is upset with lins play lately, but as rockets fans we gotta hope he turns it around by playoffs, because he will be needed with brooks not here anymore, bev will also be more efficient on D with his ball hawking if he gets to rest in the playoffs. He won't get too much rest if Lin is out there messing up turning the ball over at a high rate.

Best thing we can hope for is Lin turns into a gamer "Sam cassell style" off our bench in the playoffs, so it's best that we root for the kid, our bench already struggles at scoring, so Lin may be our only hope.