1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] The numbers are clear: Patrick Beverley deserves to start over Jeremy Lin

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 21, 2014.

1. Classic

Classic Member

If scrub Collins can get a 10 day cuz he's gay Llin will be able to get another one.

2. Drphil

Drphil Member

I like how the team had to emphasize that they brought him, "Strictly basketball related"

New York will be going Gaysanity soon.

3. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Agree with you 100%.

4. thesonofsam

thesonofsam Member

Well only one guy really ever starts. The "battle" is pretty one sided at this point.

5. reliableman

reliableman Member

This thread can be closed any day now...joking.

In all seriousness, Lin is/was/will always be hard to watch. There are moments where he puts it all together and shines--not just by himself but involving the whole team.

That's all well and good, but most of the time he is not making intelligent moves. I know he's a smart guy, but he frequently makes a bad/lazy pass or he pushes the ball up court ahead of his teammates only to be met by 3 defensive guys back waiting for him.

He seems to lack patience in playmaking. If he can work on breathing easy, recognizing when to push/when to relax, and thinking BEFORE he makes moves/decisions he will improve both his offense and defense. I'm rooting for him to do that, but I'm loving Bev's play these days.

6. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Don't act like Lin is a scrub guys.. Lin is at the very least a starter capable PG. It just happens that Rockets are not the system for him to shine in a starting role. The guy can score when confident. Beverley has his own strengths, but I would not say that he is significantly better Lin, he just has much tougher mental fortitude and no lack of confidence in himself. Inconsistent shot aside, he is very consistent on effort and hustle. If only he can consistently hit that open three.

1 person likes this.
  7. delalex

delalex Member

This kid is freaking naive,he took the bench position gladly and actually thought "It's the best way to help the team."while others are eating his dinner.I think he will end up leaving this team badly.

8. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

You're an idiot.

9. aurocketfan

aurocketfan Member

No longer close seems like a big call.

10. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Nope, it is not close.

Lin has been shrinking while Beverly has been growing.

Beverly protects the ball and is just a competitor, Lin is frankly too nice a guy.

DD

11. apcgamb24

apcgamb24 Member

Based on his performance in the last three games, can't disagree with this.

12. Apache

Apache Member

Lin is not a pg anymore he's a sg now all he does is stand in the corner so lets stop the debate here

the new pg are harden, chandler,

13. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

<br>
    Yet somehow Beverley is the pg.

Stop crying.

14. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

His defense alone makes him more valuable than Lin.

I like Lin and I want him to do well, but when you see Patrick hounding another PG all game AND being able to penetrate or hit an open 3, you feel pretty good with your chances.

I feel like we constantly hold our breath when Jeremy has the ball in his hands when the game is on the line, especially if it involves shooting.

I'm always worried he'll get that open 3 and airball it like the epic Heat game.

Luckily the Rockets are being patient with him and want him to do well because Bev is definitely showing how valuable he is to the team.

15. Zergling

Zergling Member

Highly doubtful, he's good enough or at least has enough value to get MLE money.

16. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

I am starting to see something similar in D-mo.

I wouldn't be surprised if the numbers show D-mo is better in the starting unit instead of Jones.

17. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Basically the way to become a starter on our team is to be first to figure out "How can I best fit with Harden and Howard within my skillset?"

18. arjun

arjun Member

The only thing Lin has over Beverly is superior 1 on 1 ability, and better finishing around the rim (due to his jumping ability and size)

Beverly on the other hand is a far better defender, deceision maker, ball protector, rebounder, hustler, and spot up shooter.

It's not close anymore, we need Lin to provide a spark, and lately he has been hurting the team.

19. arjun

arjun Member

Ofcourse, if you're not good enough to be THE star. You better be able to play around him.

20. Geronimo

Geronimo Member

As for Dragic or Lin, it's obvious it's not even close, but you guys need to relax, there will be plenty of games down the road where Beverley shoots 1 for 6. They're pretty much in the same league with Lin being a slighter better player at this point, however, Beverley has proven to be much more valuable to this team. If only one of them can play and the other had to sit, I like my chances much more with Beverley, especially because I know he'll still contribute even if he isn't scoring, especially in the playoffs, where so far Lin has shown to crack when there's aggressive defense.