1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harden Injury

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by OlajuwonFan81, Feb 21, 2014.

1. CCM721

CCM721 Member

No, but had it been Beverley you would have.

2. Doppleganger

Doppleganger Rookie

Dude, that would be even less surprising. After all, bev's got a history of taking okc people out.

3. Reach

Reach Member

Got 'em.

4. VeloCity

VeloCity Member

Then attack those unreasonable fans. What are you doing attacking a Rockets player? If you are driven to hate a Rockets player based on some comments from strangers on the internet, you might want to consider following a different team that you can truly love.

A lot of people on here use the same excuse you do. It's just s-t-u-p-i-d. Hate Lin for his turn-overs. Hate him for not being aggressive. Hate him for his inability to fight thru screens consistently. Hate him for his game - not his fans. Again, S-T-O-O-O-O-P-I-D.

It's like me hating Harden because someone like you decided to use his name as your clutchfans ID. How dumb would that logic be? If I did that I wouldn't call myself a Rockets fan. So, what do you call yourself?

5. lfw

lfw Rookie

So you admit that you are trying to provoke responses that you claim that you are sick of reading on this board. lol

Drama queen.

6. Exiled

Exiled Member

:grin: Headless chicken ..nice name. . Glad the Clib. Lost 2nite

7. khyberjones

khyberjones Member

Are people seriously blaming Lin for an accidental collision on the basketball court? That's really odd.

8. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Most people are just upset that the replay seems to show that Lin was looking right as his arm before running into it.

Obviously he didn't do it on purpose, but was a pretty silly play.

9. Reach

Reach Member

I provoked absolutely nothing, which you would've known if you bothered to read even a page back on this thread. Good job jumping to conclusions though, mate.

10. aurocketfan

aurocketfan Member

Lin would be sniped if Harden is out for the season.

11. Clarinetmonster

Are we also allowed to like Lin?

12. lfw

lfw Rookie

So explain "Got 'em"

13. Reach

Reach Member

CCM721 calls Doppleganger for being a hypocrite, Dopple confirms that CCM was right.

14. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Probably not.

15. lfw

lfw Rookie

OK. I see your point.

16. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Just as they all get (mostly) healthy:mad:

Hope he can rub some dirt on it and get back out there soon.

Thx Lin.

17. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

This is just an ignorant statement. I have been a Rocket fan longer than many of you have been alive. Yes it goes back to the days of San Diego and Elvin hayes. I appreciate almost all the Rockets as long as they are not total idiots.

I am a big fan of Beverly. I see his value and do not under value him. But I also appreciate Lin. Why is that such a bad thing? I mean the last time I checked he is still wearing Rocket red. not? He is a Rocket - I am a Rocket. He is a hard working decent guy that works hard and plays hard on the court. I don't get all the hate for him. So what if some Asians come over here and give him a little extra Love. Some Asian haters come here and give him some extra hate. It's a stupid endless battle that has little to do with the Rockets.

What does have something to do with the Rockets is there play on the court. Neither will ever be confused with CP3 or Rondo. But they are on our team. Yeah I get that Lin is overpaid but that's not his fault. This may be his last big payday. Do you think Beverly would turn down that money. It was Les who insisted on overpaying him. I wanted Dragic. I kept saying they were going to lose him and it was a stupid trade if they had no intention of locking him up. But they didn't so we are stuck Lin and Beverly.

Morey was trying to dump Lin and get us Rondo all week. I have no problem with that. In fact I was excited about the possibility. Just concerned about. After last night's game I was feeling unbuyer's remorse. (Maybe we should have included Parsons). Yes anyone who thinks Rondo is not a huge upgrade over Lin and Beverly is blind.

But that didn't happen. I get there are some who think Beverly is a lot better than Lin. But IMO he is not. I just think some of you are blinded by his flash. I call it the blinding blaze syndrome. When a player does something more flashy you get a little amnesia to the things he sucks at. It's why TMac can score 28 points on 5 for 16 shooting and have 5 amazing assist and 3 amazing dunks and Yao can shoot 8-12 and score 22 with 12 rebounds and then look at him as second fiddle.

Beverly makes these amazing steals and swipes rebounds in the midst of giants and that's all great stuff. Do not get it twisted I love what Beverly does out there but he is also but he also misses defenses assignments and he is a below average distributor. Lin on the other hand is a better distributor, drives to the basket better, plays better team defense and seems for the most part to be able to keep his guy in front of him better than Beverly.

I do think Beverly has overall outplayed Lin this year but that's more because of Lin's inconsistency. People forget but Lin started the season better than Beverly. He was the most consistent player on the team for that first month. Since then he has been up and down and while Beverly was out he did nothing to earn the starting position from Beverly.

Again do not get it twisted I am not advocating for Lin as the starter. I want the player that gives us the best chance to win out there. And with the dichotomy of this team Lin would have to clearly be better than Beverly to warrant starting him with harden. Starting Beverly with Harden just works better for this team even if Lin is slightly better.

IMO right now Lin is not better but it is close. Just look at there stats across the board. Lin's play isn't as flashy as Beverly's but it is real. Morey said Lin contributed to more wins than anyone not named Harden or Asik. Many of you are blinded by the blaze of Beverly and can't see Lin's value. Yeah it would be nice to have Dragic back but we got Lin and Beverly.

I get they both come with flaws but on most nights they both help this team and in the end they are both hard working Rockets who leave it on the floor. In fact this whole Rocket team seems to work hard out there. Last night everybody made stupid plays. I woke up from a dream that Parsons passed the ball to Howard instead of trying to dunk and Curry slapped it from him and scored anyway. Why can't some of the haters just be happy about that?

2 people like this.
  18. JHarden713

JHarden713 Member

I don't have anything against Lin nor am I attacking him

19. Doktor Mndbndr

Lin probably was (1) tense from not having a fixed role on the team, and on edge for making any defensive mistake, as he's been conditioned by McHale's benchings to fear, (2) perhaps a bit tired from playing back-to-back, in OT.

That doesn't excuse this dumbass mistake. But I'm pretty sure it's a combination of the two, especially (1). I think he was just too nervous about making a mistake, that he feared letting his guy get a wide open 3.

I should add it may also be (3) - these NBA guards move superfast. If you watch the replay, his guy is in a full sprint along the baseline to get to the elbow, and Lin has to also go full sprint to keep him from getting a wide open 3. And moreso this being in overtime.

20. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

Forgot to mention on 790 Radio Matt Thomas was interviewing Beverly and he said Harden was fine. Beverly was about to get on the plane and he said Harden would play the next game and repeated he's good. Then he passed the phone to Casspi and Casspi said he loves everything the team, the city, the coaches. He said they go out and eat together all the time.

So there you have it. All this huff about nothing. Beverly says Harden is fine and he will play on Sunday.