1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jeremy Lin's shoes slipping?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mig0s, Feb 21, 2014.

1. ling ling

ling ling Member

Jeremy's problem is that that shoe doesn't have a lot of room in the toe area, which causes him to slip often.

1 person likes this.
  2. TheJet

TheJet Member

Hahah, nice! That brought back some memories. I had that poster on my wall in high school.

3. dxdx

dxdx Member

what, are you serious or is this sarcasm.

4. shortfuse3

shortfuse3 Member

I notice him slipping or losing his dribble whenever he had to go left.

5. yummyhawtsauce

adidas is trash. never liked that brand for shoes. so plastic looking. but his slipping around pissed me off.

6. WaitForIt

WaitForIt Member

All day I dream abo *oh *****

7. ling ling

ling ling Member

The numbers are clear. The addidas shoes are shorter in the toe area compared to the nike's.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. King1

King1 Contributing Member

Gotten to.

9. Joe Gent

Joe Gent Member

I don't see how a PROFESSIONAL ball player can have these kinds of basic issues and not have simple resolutions. Backup shoes maybe?

10. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I don't care about Jeremy's shoes. I do care about where he goes and what he does when he has them on.

11. Joe Gent

Joe Gent Member

Then you don't care about winning. When a player falls ......thats a disadvantage........you know this right?

12. Doktor Mndbndr

I think the coaches have handled Lin poorly.

They should've sat him down at the beginning of the season and unloaded all the changes at once:

"Jeremy, we don't trust you with the ball. And we don't need you to playmake - that's Harden's prerogative now. So you ain't starting, you ain't necessarily finishing, you don't get to playmake with the bench, either - we're gonna let Beverley do that because he's part of the core going forward, whereas it's unlikely we'll re-sign you after your contract's up; in the meantime, we're gonna trade you if we can opportunistically.

So we're gonna use you like a spare guard, to patch up minutes at backup PG and SG. Basically, when you're on the court with Harden, you play like backup Beverley. When you're on the court with Beverley, you play SG."

Just so it sinks in and he can make the mental adjustments.

13. Roxnostalgia

Roxnostalgia Contributing Member

Slipping? Y'all tripping.

14. ERC

ERC Member

(Can't tell if it's sarcasm or not, but if not...)

Surely you are smart enough (aren't you?) to know that's a fake pic and not what Lin wears, right? :eek:

15. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

His shoes are too long. How else would he always step on the 3pt line?

16. autoprt

autoprt Member

actually i noticed him slipping during the game. hopefully he notices it. sometimes he has good d games off the ball and others times his player gets by through screens so he doesn't need to deal with slipping shoes also.

17. Doktor Mndbndr

Back in grade school sometimes I would play in loafers. And those don't grip. Can't make sharp turns, can't push off to accelerate, because non-sneakers slip exactly the way those Addidas did for Lin.

You can see whatever the soles are made isn't gripping the floor. Go back to Nikes, methinks.

18. jedicro

jedicro Member

More importantly, boxers or briefs?

19. Doktor Mndbndr

Let's avoid having any accidental "upshorts" views on national TV live, thanks.

20. Doktor Mndbndr

I should add the greater concern is ankle injury. In the Warriors game, Lin couldn't get a shot up due to a "skid", but an ankle twist should be the priority concern.

Because anytime that happens, the ankle turns at an awkward angle. Not quite a twist, but throw in moving parts in a game situation (e.g., if someone accidentally steps on or trips over the outstretched foot) and you have elevated risk.