1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Warriors 2/20/2014

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Feb 20, 2014.

1. HoopFan

HoopFan Member

Well said. Focus on the positives instead of negatives. I applaud the team effort. You can't win every game. Learn from it and be ready for the next one.

2. yummyhawtsauce

lol. i find that casspi shoots the ball as soon as he gets the chance to. the question is, has he ever made those shots where the defender was slightly clost to him? he always just shoots right away. i cant even tell whether hes able to maek thsoe shots or not. hell he even bricks open 3s, though i prefer him to shoot those than the auto-jack-3-with-defender-in-face

3. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

Harden probably should have gone full kobe iso hero in the last 5 minutes tbh. Trusting his teammates was probably a mistake given how awful they were all shooting. This was a game, where he really should have taken 40 shots.

4. chandlerbang21

something called a MIDRANGE SHOT was missing last night especially from harden

5. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

They had to take matters in their own hand or it would have been a blowout. They tried getting everybody involved but they were off.

6. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Harden several mid range step back jumpers. Plus we are not a mid range shooting team. Why you think we shot over 30 threes.

7. autoprt

autoprt Member

with howard missing so many early shots parsons had to take over and make something happen which kept them close.
    i was ok with what parsons was doing i think they would have gone down about 15 if the dubs didn't start playing dumb offense and missing shots.

8. aziankingz

aziankingz Member

I agree with setting more screens for the guards, especially in close situations like last night. Did you see how many damn screens GSW were setting up for their players? Did not see any screens on the Rocket's offense - that needs to change.

9. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

Honestly, If Dwight doesn't get shut down by J O'neal of all people, we win the game.

Still not a fan of ISO ball late in games. James hit a clutch shot but they know what's coming. We need to make it easier for him. Once we stopped moving the ball and holding instead of attacking, our offense struggled.

10. steady

steady Member

Parsons was not the problem last night - yes he shot 8-24 or something like that, but the team's FG% was not much better, and he made some clutch shots late and kept us in the game early.

I was more frustrated by Dwight shooting 1-9 before he was taken out in the 3q for getting 4 fouls. If you are having that bad of a shooting night. You have to stop forcing shots. Same for tjones

Lin, for all the blame I see him getting on here - when he and DMo subbed for TJones and Pat, in the first quarter, it was the first time in the game the Rockets offense seemed to get in any kind of rhythm. And it was with Bev Lin combo that the team came back from the big deficit in the 4th Q.

Why stay with TJones and not go with BevLin or DMo to end the first half?? DMo should have been used more, casspi less. Chandler should not have been assigned to Curry on the last play of regulation. There were some coaching mistakes although I have to say on whole I was good with McHale.

I can't criticize Harden for his end of regulation Isos because he made a couple of beautiful shots , and even the ones that he passed off late or missed i thought weren't terrible.

But while the iso might work 80 percent of the time , I just don't see it succeeding consistently against the best teams, in the playoffs. - i wish the rockets were practicing and perfecting some other late game sets too

But with all of this, were 't you encouraged by the all around better effort on D. Bev's wonderful defensive game. The team almost pulling out a win in a B2B away game, against a good team, and despite a very poor shooting night and despite being behind by a lot in the 4th Q, and suffering through some bad substitutions by mchale. For me this counts as a good loss. the only very bad part of the loss was Harden"s injury which I really hope was not serious.

11. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Lin was garbage last night to add to the egg he laid against LAL. All he did was was dribble and hand off. Where is the aggressive Lin?

He is there to take pressure of Harden offensively but did nothing last night.

12. steady

steady Member

I thought Asiks game was also a bright spot last night

13. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

Lin isn't as effective off the ball or as a catch n shoot. Needs the ball in his hands to be at his best. Give GSW some credit, anytime Lin tried to attack, they had guys waiting for him and smothered him.

14. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

that's the problem though isn't it, a fairly simple strategy shuts him down, and why a lot of us worry he'll be a complete no show in the playoffs.

15. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

He had the ball plenty in the 4th yesterday but what I saw was a passive Lin. Taking a few dribbles here and there but going nowhere and then handing it off in the perimeter. Or taking a few dribbles, getting trapped, picking up his dribble and looking for a bail out pass in the perimeter while shot clock runs down.

You can credit the D all you want but at the end of the day it is up to Lin to play to his strengths and not make them re-adjust

16. rabbyi

rabbyi Member

coz ppl think lin is James...mb

17. Doppleganger

Doppleganger Rookie

Lin didn't lose last night's game. That gigantic brickfest by the starters did.

18. steady

steady Member

Not getting in your grill. But you really think that? I wanted him to score more too cause he seemed to have his stroke, but i thought he did a pretty good job playing his role as the fourth option on offense (when with starters)

19. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

I just knew we were going to lose this game. That's why I turned it off at half. I'm glad I did because I would have been mad and not gotten any sleep. WTF happened? I leave you'll alone for two seconds...and this is what happens? A 3 point loss in OT?

Can't do anything with you people! Geez. ;)

20. SuperBeeKay

SuperBeeKay Member

lin picked up the ball every single time. it makes me cringe