1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets trade Aaron Brooks for Jordan Hamilton

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ItsMyFault, Feb 20, 2014.

1. HardenWay

HardenWay Member

Each point is dumber then the next. You can judge all of this when Canaan has played how many NBA minutes?

2. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Morey likes Canaan and feels he's ready to step up. I agree with him.

I think Canaan is the future back up to Bev and maybe eventual starting pg here.

3. Doppleganger

Doppleganger Rookie

It was about replacing Brooks, not Morey necessarily liking Canaan (who still won't see much playing time or responsibility since Lin, Bev and Harden will all have the ball before he does).

4. Hayden_SFC

Hayden_SFC Member

Brooks never plays anyway.

Only thing I know about Jordan Hamilton, he's really into sneakers.

5. New

He turns the ball over a lot of times even in his linsanity days. I am not saying it is good. There are a lot ridiculous hater posts on this forum and it is interesting to see that the administrators like to cherry pick those defending Lin.

6. Camarograna2

Camarograna2 Contributing Member

this dude insane in the main-brain.. nothing worst than a LOF is LOH

1 person likes this.
  7. basketballholic

Less than 20.

8. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

why? :confused:

9. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Jordan Hamilton on playing with the Rockets: &quot;A lot of great young guys &amp; I have to come in &amp; try &amp; earn some minutes.&quot;</p>&mdash; Mark Berman (@MarkBermanFox26) <a href="https://twitter.com/MarkBermanFox26/statuses/436718469791219712">February 21, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Jordan Hamilton on playing with the Rockets: &quot;A lot of great young guys &amp; I have to come in &amp; try &amp; earn some minutes.&quot;</p>&mdash; Mark Berman (@MarkBermanFox26) <a href="https://twitter.com/MarkBermanFox26/statuses/436718469791219712">February 21, 2014</a></blockquote>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Jordan Hamilton on playing with James Harden:&quot;James,he's been a long-time friend of mine growing up in the SoCal area.That's going 2 be fun&quot;</p>&mdash; Mark Berman (@MarkBermanFox26) <a href="https://twitter.com/MarkBermanFox26/statuses/436718929419841536">February 21, 2014</a></blockquote>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Jordan Hamilton on returning to Texas having played at UT: &quot;You got a lot of Longhorn fans in Houston. I'm just so excited.</p>&mdash; Mark Berman (@MarkBermanFox26) <a href="https://twitter.com/MarkBermanFox26/statuses/436719419423617024">February 21, 2014</a></blockquote>

#569 tallanvor, Feb 20, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  10. Crashlanded19

Crashlanded19 Member

well come on down....casspis mins are all yours

11. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

12. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Please be better than Casspi Hamilton.

13. RocketsRed14

RocketsRed14 Member

I'm ready for Hamilton and Canaan to take some bench minutes.

14. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

http://nba.si.com/2014/02/20/nba-trade-deadline-winners-losers-2014/

Rockets: The most intriguing “change of scenery” guy from the deadline moves might be Jordan Hamilton, who was traded from Denver to Houston for Aaron Brooks. Hamilton has yet to really make a big mark in three seasons. But the athletic tools that made him a first-round pick in 2011 are undeniable and his fit in Houston’s rotation is sound, given the Rockets’ other available personnel. One thing to watch: Hamilton’s three-point shooting. He’s a career 35.7 percent shooter, and he was launching more than three long-range attempts per game this season in Denver. Of course, the Rockets encourage the long ball philosophically and their personnel — James Harden and Dwight Howard, among others — creates plenty of good looks for wing shooters. If Hamilton can take advantage of these beneficial circumstances, we could be looking back at this in a month or two as a shrewd play by Houston.

15. Kerdaboy

Kerdaboy Member

Hmm would be nice addition if his 3 pointer is solid. Our backup wings seem to always go hot or extremely cold.

16. Samdogg36

Samdogg36 Member

I love Brooks, hate to see him go. He will always be a Rocket in my book, wish him the best.

17. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Based on the shot chart someone posted earlier, I think Hamilton shoots 67% from that corner where Casspi bricked all night.

18. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Could have used him tonight.

19. benvolio

benvolio Member

Mixed feelings about this. AB is having a great year and has met the highest expectation. Over 20 Pts per 48, best 3 % on the team, kept the team winning when one of the 3 guards went down.

But Hamilton does bring size and athleticism to the wing. No argument there. Hope this works out.

20. makio9

makio9 Member

This is a great trade.

Aaron Brooks' contract ended at the end of the year and he would have been replaced by Caanon anyway. Jordan Hamilton is a 3pt shooter that can also crash the boards -- two things the Rockets need and it showed today, the first game back after the trade deadline.

What else..oh yeah, he's a Rockets fan!

1 person likes this.