1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Answer: FIRE MOREY

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by davestrate, Nov 20, 2010.

1. ADB

ADB Member

I am very, very disappointed that we didn't get Rondo and trade away Asik/Lin. Maybe there's some truth in that other GMs wanted to humiliate him. Why start all the ruckus in the first place? This was a great chance to show that he can get rid of two dead-weights and got us a 3rd star. Let's just hope we can use Asik and Lin more effectively now that we are going to keep them for sure.

Morey, I hope other GM's aren't making fun of you behind their backs.

2. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

Asik and Lin are dead weights? So that means we can just cut them and it would improve our team then right? Shouldn't be that hard to find replacements for dead weights.

3. ADB

ADB Member

Well Morey won't cut them or get rid of them for parts at least. The team will be fine w/o either.

4. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

We absolutely would NOT be fine without Asik and Lin.

Asik gives us THE best center rotation in the league and despite Lins up and down game he is essential to bolstering our bench production. I'm not mad at all that we held onto them.

5. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Assuming your premise of Lin and Asik being "dead weights" and Rondo being a star is correct... how can you possibly expect anyone to trade (expensive) dead weight for a star? That would be absurd.

6. Little General

Have you stopped watching the Rockets since 2002 and only started to watch last night?

7. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Well we dodged the Rondo bullet, back to winning NBA games!

8. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

Well, stop talk the Rondo trade, you do not even know how to get Rondo. Trading away Asik/Lin does not result in getting Rondo.

9. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

Nevermind Celts wanted Parsons. Let's blow up chemistry and a big reason D12 is here for a chance Rondo stays healthy and mixes with the offense (not a great PnR player)

10. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

lol funny thread

11. Nero

Nero Member

Stop you many stupid!

Darly Morley fire the grill up of success!

12. dandorotik

dandorotik Member

Dead weights? Right, and you're a moron.

13. Sirton

Sirton Member

Lol this guy has to be kidding.

14. Mav-Hater

Mav-Hater Contributing Member

Thanks guys!! I just lost valuable IQ points I could not afford to lose by reading the end of this thread. Jeez What a bunch of MORONS wanting Morey fired for Rondo!!

15. phantoman

phantoman Member

uninformed fan - If our package was good enough Rondo would be ours. The problem is Boston wanted too much. We'll never know what the entire asking price was but is he worth loosing our players and our chemistry. We cant get up locked up on the big names out on the trade market, as history has told us in the past getting a superstar isnt all that easy. Lots of things have to line up for us to do it. Ie: Harden Trade - we werent the first ppl that OKC called, WAS was and if they didnt turn it down we wouldnt have gotten harden.

Now, as for our players Asik provides us Insurance on Dwight, Lin gets the second unit started and producing. Can you say that the loss of those 2 would be offset by Rondo? I don't think so. The truth of the matter is Rondo doesn't fit well with Harden. Harden isnt Ray Allen that moves well without the ball and he isnt like Paul Pierce. Harden needs the ball and the dribble in order to be effective. If Rondo is the floor general - we will need be a slower team with more of a structured offense.

Now these are my opinion and I am actually glad we didnt get Rondo. I think we would benefit from a minor trade rather than a major one. Something I think the front Office feels also. I bet their strategy is to swing for the fence by trying to trade a top of the line honda to a fully loaded/luxury Car.

But you wouldn't trade two or three fully loaded hondas for 1 entry level luxury car then pay cash on top of it would you?

16. ADB

ADB Member

Nope, just didn't feel like posting until now. Geez.

17. ADB

ADB Member

Dead weights to US, but starters to other teams.

18. alX

alX Member

thank you, clutch!

i don't hate ANY of our players.
    however, i do hate all the wannabe, armchair gms here.
    talk about fighting to be relevant.

19. Doppleganger

Doppleganger Rookie

Those dead weights were a big reason why this team even made the playoffs last season. Both played all 82 games. If Asik didn't sit out, we'd have the #2 seed by now. He's lost some chemistry with Lin by not playing, but together they form the backbone of a solid second unit.

20. Baba Booey

Baba Booey Member

I am sure the other GMs are making fun of Morey. He put all his faith into Harden and Howard and we've all seen what a failure that has been so far...

LOL @ Morey