1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Lakers 2/19/2014

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Feb 17, 2014.

1. Jenopogi

Jenopogi Contributing Member

I AM LIN FAN. :)

2. AdrenaLINe

AdrenaLINe Rookie

recently I have just been watched the first few plays Lin is in... if he runs to the 3 point Lin.. in any of those plays.

I know to just check in at the start of the 4th see how well he shoots as he usually takes a bunch more shots to run up his averages...

after today if Lin isnt traded.

I am probably not even going to check his stats...

because after today's traded deadline... he will be traded as an expiring or his contract will expire.

3. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Oh, Lin fans. Y'all are silly sometimes.

No need to get all upset over a little joke. Lin wasn't up to his usual standards tonight, but who cares? We won!

I'm willing to bet that he'll have a good game tonight. So let's just hope that good game translates to a win, even if someone on the team doesn't meet their season averages.

4. AdrenaLINe

AdrenaLINe Rookie

I think LOFs and LOHs have a mutual dislike of each other

much of it based on racist stereotype...

LOHs - Asians cant even drive how do you expect Lin to Drive to the basket
    how... can an Asian be in the NBA and not me... must be because he is Asian

LOFs - Lin has a better chance at hanging on a tree in Texas than hanging 40 points on a opponent....

his them song should be....

O, I wish I wasNT in the land of cotton Old times there are not forgotten Look away! Look away! Look away! Dixie Land.

gonna probably get banned for saying it...but the truth is the truth LOL

5. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

If Lin would be less risky/sloppy with the ball, he would be starting.

He just makes too many Risky decisions with his passes.

DD

6. calcium

calcium Member

You are absolutely right.

But sometimes, it's a little like seeing a little kid being bullied in the playground.

Even if you do or do not like the kid, you feel like you should say something to the bully/bullies.

You know what I mean?

7. Jenopogi

Jenopogi Contributing Member

I AM STILL A LIN FAN.

-trolling-

8. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Completely childish and part of the reason he is not there. So thank you Lakers fans, most people would have moved on but not the Lakers, nothings to low or douchey for them, lol.

9. AdrenaLINe

AdrenaLINe Rookie

have you seen Steph Curry play?

Id rather Lin not start if he is expected to Run to the 3 point line...for 80% of the time he is in a game

Lin is not good enough to play passive and play well on a nightly basis...in this league

im surprised you dont see it

10. pippsux

pippsux Member

I loved it when the fakers get mauled at home, warms my heart.....

11. AdrenaLINe

AdrenaLINe Rookie

Id rather Lin not play at all...

but he is being paid big bucks...to be the Shooting Guard on this team

12. Indaface

Indaface Member

My first page of looking at this thread and it's the same ol shart in here.

Always fun to destroy a horrible team with annoying fans.

13. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

lol, STAWP.

14. ItalianRocket

ItalianRocket Member

Lol that was awkward

[​IMG]

15. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

It's not like that for me.

In game threads, everyone is over-the-top. You'll be hard pressed to find a single game thread where posters (both pre- and post-2012) aren't hating on Lin, Harden, or Dwight. It's just the nature of the beast. (Indeed, almost every game thread this year has added to my Ignore List - the best feature on CF!)

And to me, some person saying something rude on an internet message board about a guy who gets paid handsomely to do something he loves is not at all like seeing a little child get bullied. They're not comparable.

And that's even with a genuinely rude comment. If the comment is just one out of frustration (Sit him now!!!!) or is simply a light-hearted joke? Come on. That's not even close to be comparable.

But anyway, no more on this for me. Good game Rockets! On to Golden State.

16. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I like Lin, but stop whining and making excuses for the man. He is not expected to run to the 3 point line. He needs to make plays, drive and to shoot.
    He is experienced enough to do this off the bench, and no one is stopping him from doing his job.

17. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Fixed

Heard about that.... very funny

Dwight really wanted this game. He dominated the first half and the starters were able to rest the 2nd. Perfect for a the B2B tonight.

18. DaDakota

Supporting Member

You don't need to play passive to stop throwing weak passes that get intercepted all the time.

The guys decision making is what I am talking about, Lin makes some absolutely terrible decisions for a PG.

Sometimes they work, sometimes they don't thus the nearly 1 -1 turnover to assist ratio.

If he would just protect the ball he would be playing a lot more - but as it is you can't play him and Harden who is nearly the same with the ball at the same time because we would not get up enough shots due to all the turnovers.

Jeremy needs to improve his decision making and stop making those weak passes, zip the ball in there.

DD

19. DaDakota

Supporting Member

This is offensive on so many levels considering that most of the people cheering only for Lin are doing so because they are Chinese, which makes them racially biased at best.

The only truth is that this is a Rockets basketball forum and we cheer on the Rockets, and yes sometimes we criticize them, because we love the team.

And yes, it is ok to be a fan of a player as long as you put the team first - you know, sort of LIKE JEREMY LIN DOES !

DD

20. AdrenaLINe

AdrenaLINe Rookie

when he plays passive he is mediocre Shooting Guard...

he is just not good enough/skilled enough to play a passive game from the 3 point line and be effective

not making excuses... you just dont make your ROLE players play out of position

because they are there for a specific role and are only good at that one role