1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Can Landlord Kick Me Out for Calling Roommate the "B" Word?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by bigslowy, Feb 19, 2014.

Tags:
  1. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

I agree with this, in fact, it may be alot harder to kick someone out for name-calling. You can be kicked out of living arrangement for any reason, but for the law to intervene...it takes sometime to thoroughly evicted, someone especially when rent is paid (on-time), a pattern of disturbance and no crime has been committed. It would be one thing, if he did it continually, while playing loud music every night and coming to the place PISSED DRUNK and starting fights. The landlord has to PHYSICALLY to go to the court and ask for an eviction and it has to be within reason, especially if a lease is involved or money is being taken ... or the owner throws a shotgun on him. IN realm of rational law abiding people, for argument sake's, let's say the owner files tomorrow...the judge has got to review, first ... and may even look over the original agreement, if one was taken, because he is paying rent and has not broken, any laws or anything outlined in the lease. A "pattern" has to have been established ... which is the problem will have in kicking him out...there's no pattern and he has to serve OP with a "notice" - "notice to quit" (basically a warning) to stop distasteful behavior. Another problem for the landlord, the notice has to be served at least a week, up towards month, before the eviction process begins. OP is going to get another week to possibly a month to respond to eviction proceeding. It maybe another week to a month, before any type of trial. Even when the trial comes the court (judge) may not even like the reason for the eviction and give the tenant reason time to move out ... from what I've seen even for non-payment evictions, those cases can be given several weeks, up to a month and half, before belongings are out on the street.

If there are no criminal actions or a continued pattern of disruptive behavior going on ... it could last several months, like 3-5, easily. Another problem for the landlord ... is $$$$$. It could cost him/her hundreds to thousands to evict someone. Court fees; Filing fees; and if the lease isn't broken, the landlord may actually have to pay the tenant money for not breaking the lease, but kicking them out.

2. Andrew Wiggins

SacTown, still think you're better than the OP (and everyone on cf.net)?

3. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

Were you getting some at least? Don't think I could put up with living a attractive chick that I couldn't bang. Not worth it

4. bigslowy

bigslowy Member

I'm willing to post pics, but I don't want to get sued for harassment or some sort of privacy issue.

5. ketchupNmustard

Your roommate must be your mother/sister, and landlord your father right? Talk it out bro, yall are damily!

6. bigslowy

bigslowy Member

This stopped being funny the first five times someone posted it. Go rewatch Grandma's Boy so you can steal a different joke.

7. Dei

Dei Member

Oh, dude. Pics of you with her in it is your property.

How hot she is is practically 51% of the vote on whether or not you should fight to stay there.

8. bigslowy

bigslowy Member

The only reason I want to stay is because the landlord could sue/bill me for the remaining months of rent on the lease. Also, can't let her win like this.

Anybody think I can get in trouble for posting a link to her LinkedIn profile?

9. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

That's the thing ... your landlord has nothing to gain from this situation ... if he tries to evict you for that incident, you stand to gain more money from than incident than he does. He's has to give you a notice (to quit), if it happens again or repeatedly, then he can file an eviction request. Outside of that, you do not have to leave unless you want ... you simply need to ask him to either sign a written contract stating he won't sue you for leaving/breaking your lease, he needs to terminate the lease (mutually), or pay you for your trouble. He has no leg to stand on judiciously, as long as you are paying rent and generally not a pest.

10. VanityHalfBlack

You are weak.

11. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

Don't post pics...it was just a joke bc we're 99% dudes here.

12. XxShadyPinkxX

XxShadyPinkxX Contributing Member

Ignore ^^that guy. Post pics.

1 person likes this.
  13. The Hunted

The Hunted Member

Don't listen to this guy. Post the pics. There's absolutely no way that can backfire on you.

14. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

I retract my statement and would follow the advice of the coolest girl on the board.

1 person likes this.
  15. bigslowy

bigslowy Member

Sorry guys, ya'll will have to go back to beating off to pics of your mother for yet another night.

16. New Generation

Worst 8th post in CF history

17. Dgn1

Dgn1 Member

Maybe the skanky b is banging the old landlord.

18. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

Who says skank b****? Sounds like trailer trash problems.

[​IMG]

19. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

So you'll post them tomorrow then?

20. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

spoiler the pic and post...:)