1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA Play-In Tournament action live ...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Why is the emphasis put so heavily on bass in music?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by GraingerGuy, Feb 18, 2014.

1. Toast

Toast Member

The ones that always make me laugh are the cars that can't handle all that bass, so all you really hear are the door panels rattling around.

Yeah, that sounds GREAT dude. Crank it!

2. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I actually do prefer to crank the treble a bit on my guitar driven indie rock.

3. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

That sounds cool.

4. DFWRocket

DFWRocket Member

^^THIS^^

People that thump only do it because "its cool". Its extremely annoying and completely rude and inconsiderate. Our neighbor across the street used to thump every day when we were trying to get our kids to nap. It was frustrating and I had to say something to him several times.

He's in jail now, so I don't have to worry about it anymore.

5. smoove shoez

smoove shoez Member

BASS.
    How low can you go.

6. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

So, they can get shot at by people like Mr. Dunn with low tolerance levels for loud music at gas stations...and so they can blast other people out of their cars at stop lights or on the road. Those are the only reasons I can think of...besides just wanting to have hearing loss.

7. boomboom

boomboom I GOT '99 PROBLEMS
    Supporting Member

yepyep

8. GraingerGuy

GraingerGuy Member

Aaaaand people taking what I said to the other extreme. This is why we can't have nice things. :)

I just meant the overloading on bass to the detriment of the other frequencies. Said nothing about overloading on treble...that would be terrible. I understand taking the bass up to a point where it makes the music better....but overloading like those who go down the street/neighborhood/whatever makes no sense to me. But....I really didn't think about songs like conquistador#11 and CometsWin put up. Those make more sense to me.

9. westcoastin

westcoastin Member

I know what you're talking about. They likely have the speakers mounted outside the car. Why they think others want to be subjected to their music is beyond me.

10. Sajan

Sajan Member

during my high school years in north shore...it was the cool thing to do. get subs and turn it up!

I honestly haven't heard that type of setup in a very long time. I should mention I did move from north shore. lol.

11. bluffkin

bluffkin Member

Harsh treble is way worse than overpowering bass. harsh treble is very bad for your ears, Bass is not it can be but most of it is sensation rather than sound.

12. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

funny how this always comes up when people are talking about extravert behavior

oh he drives a fast/loud car? must have a small penis :rolleyes:

makes the insecure havenots feel better i suppose

13. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

Without quality speakers you can't hear some bass clearly or at all.

It sounds like you're in the wrong neighborhood ,lol

I dislike the "thump" as much as I would anyone else's loud music. Actually, my experience is that people who ride with tons of bass only do it in passing and are much more considerate than people like my wife's old neighbors that would blast loud tejano music at all hours. But, maybe that's because people only call the police on loud hip hop.

#33 pmac, Feb 19, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2014
  14. MoonDogg

MoonDogg Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/_TvuqNT9Pyk?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

15. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

It's cause you're a Grainger guy.

16. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

She literally wants to "f**k da car."

17. westcoastin

westcoastin Member

Playing annoyingly loud music is not necessarily extravert behavior. Neither is driving fast on public roads or having an excessively loud car. It's more of an obnoxious/douche behavior than anything else, which is why I think people use the small penis joke.

18. DFWRocket

DFWRocket Member

Reppin' Pine Trails 1991 boy! (or as we called it Crime Trails, Hells Trails, etc)

19. GraingerGuy

GraingerGuy Member

Mmmm....no. High decibel bass is just has bad for your ears as high decibel treble. Both can damage hearing.