1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Rockets have eyes on Rondo

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, Feb 17, 2014.

1. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

7 in a row is important when 2-3 of them are against playoff bound competition.

2. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

rondo and deng. playoff tested. excellent defenders. go all in!!

3. eslate22

eslate22 Member

These stats aren't that accurate because those Celtics team's were primarily defensive teams... Our team is an offensive minded team... he will help get the ball "popping" around and not create the stagnant offense we run about 10 min every game... he is a past first pg and an incredible defender (we will need him against westbrook, CP3, and even dragic if we play suns in 1st round) our biggest weaknesses right now are perimeter defense and defensive rebounding... Rondo is by and far the best rebounding pg in the league... im on the boat of not giving parsons up to get him, but if we can get some extra value in the deal (maybe a jeff green or jared sullinger) then i may want to pull the trigger

4. TheEarthBlues

TheEarthBlues Member

Not to mention that the game automatically slows down in the playoffs. Houston won't be able to play as fast as they want to in the playoffs, they'll have to play much more slow-paced half court sets. Defensive intensity gets turned up so there are typically less possessions per game. This is where Rondo becomes incredibly valuable.

5. jonasXV

jonasXV Member

6. treyk3

treyk3 Member

One other thing to consider is Deng's close relationship with our assistant coach Chris Finch, this could be a major factor in our pursuit of getting him in lieu of shipping off Parsons.

We would be a solid bench away from the best team in the NBA.

7. hooroo

hooroo Member

8. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Well it cripples the Rockets while helping the other 2 teams, that's how it works.

9. megastahr

megastahr Contributing Member

Yah I havent even responded to the people that dont want rondo. Thats not even worth the time or energy.

The only thing debatable is Parsons in the deal for Rondo. Rondo makes us a Top 4 team and immediate favorites in the west.

With that said I dont think I would trade parsons. I would look to keep him and flip assets for an upgrade somewhere else.

This may be more an emotional response than a business/basketball response though...but it is what it is.

10. Andrew Wiggins

What about Klay makes him better than Parsons? He is terrible defensively and doesn't do anything but shoot jumpers. He is just a younger Kyle Korver. He jacks up more threes than Melo (7v5).

Not even gonna mention Hayward beyond this point. You should have said Kawai Leonard instead.

Afflalo is pretty good at putting up numbers on a losing team. He's never shown he can contribute nearly as much in a winning environment. All that said I would say he's tied for 9th with Klay Thompson after Leonard and Derozan.

Derozan is suffering from Rudy Gay syndrome and he chucks lot of shots to get his 22. He is shooting over three 3-pointers per game on 31.2%.

Crawford is an great shooter. He is averaging 36% from 3 on 6.3 threes per game.

The salaries of all the players you mentioned:

Derozan - $9.5 million
    Afflalo - $7.6 million
    Crawford - $5.23 million
    Hayward - $3.5 million who is a FA that turned down a 4 year, $40 million extension
    Klay - $3.25 million this season, 4.5 next

Parson - $0.926 million and 0.964 million

11. walangjo

walangjo Member

What about Rondo and Green for Lin, Asik and Parsons + fillers? Sounds like an all in move worth taking.

12. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

Keep dreaming, Morey will not give up so much to get Rondo and Green. Parson alone > Rondo.

13. Andrew Wiggins

He fixes way more problems than his lack of a three point shot creates. The reason is because they are rebuilding and he doesn't fit in with that. He won't re-sign with them because they know he wants to win more than anything.

14. Play07

Play07 Member

LOL !!! Y'all posting all these MEDIA links when we have KINGDREW who knew months ago & CYBREX giving is updates round the clock

At this point I only care what CYBREX says, when a deal is done I will wait for main MEDIA WOJ & STEIN to say it

15. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

I agree it would be worth it but I wouldn't add Asik to that haul or Bev, probably G. Smith instead. But Asik is our Deng netter so no way we let him slip to you guys.

16. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

At what? Modeling?

17. jonasXV

jonasXV Member

Can we have a 10 players roster?

18. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

I get the feeling that Morey won't be able to pull the trigger on a mid-season deal that ships Parsons away while we're in the midst of a winning streak. He may very well have an offer on the table and ready to fire away, but this isn't like past years...there is something at stake THIS season and with this team just starting to find it's identity, trading your glue guy will be a setback.

If we can make it work with a combination of Jones, Asik, Lin, Beverly, D-Mo, and picks, then maybe. I'm sure Morey is shopping all of them now to see what picks he could land for them in order to build an attractive package for Ainge.

19. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Stein is a Dallas connected reporter. Sam Amick is far more credible than Stein, who gets laughed at every year on this board until now when he has information that people here want to get on board with.

20. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

He doesn't really fix much though really. He's going to take the ball out of Harden's hands, which will negatively affect his performance and probably his happiness with the team and he's going to kill the spacing on the offensive side of the ball because he shoots like most Centers so there's no need to guard him on the perimeter. He's easy to foul because he's a terrible FT shooter. What exactly does he fix? If he manages to stay healthy somehow, he's probably a slight defensive upgrade over Beverley and he's a better passer than any PG on the roster but that's about all he brings.