1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Chron] Don't rule out a trade despite Rockets' recent run

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Feb 14, 2014.

1. alex_eg6

alex_eg6 Member

2. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

In the playoffs, we would be hurting with Bev and Lin, and BEGGING for Rajon Rondo.

3. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

This.

The Rockets are playing well now, but the playoffs are a different animal since defensive intensity goes up quite a bit.

Rondo has PROVEN that, when healthy, he can put some eye popping numbers. (someone posted that he is the 2nd in career triple doubles at 18). You want someone with sure handles that will not only crack under the pressure of brighter lights, but will indeed exceed your expectations. This is what Rajon Rondo brings.

4. Soft Takes

Soft Takes Rookie

I'm sorry I must have missed it in all my years of watching celtics playoff games. Aside from one loss against the heat, when has rondo taken over a playoff game/exceeded expectations. His cheering of Eddie house from the bench in the championship run doesn't count as moral expectations.

5. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Rondo is vastly overated.

We seem to have a lot of shiny object in the stream going on around here.

DD

1 person likes this.
  6. Raven

Raven Member

Two days until the trade deadline, tick, tick, tick, tick, tick.

PS: Pass on Rondo. He's too big a risk. Sure, the gamble might pay off and the Rockets could find themselves making a deep run in the playoffs, but what if he doesn't mesh with Dwight and James?

7. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Then, if it doesn't / didn't look like it's going to work, trade one of the players not named Dwight Howard.

Granted, the trading has to stop sometime, but we are talking about Morey, after all.

I think we need a Rondo. Assists, defense, d**kheadedness. I don't know if that playoff experience will help the Rockets but it couldn't hurt.

I'm glad Harden racks up the assists, but he nets nearly as many turnovers on lazy-azz passes. We need someone who can get Dwight the ball, and none of our backup point guards can do it.

8. HMMMHMM

HMMMHMM Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-partner="tweetdeck"><p>Portland sounds like a no for Asik, but New Orleans trying to figure out a way to get him. The returns on Gordon are not what they want.</p>&mdash; Russillo (@ryenarussillo) <a href="https://twitter.com/ryenarussillo/statuses/435814603332018176">February 18, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

9. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

@sam_amick Also Rockets-related: big man Omer Asik not expected to get his wish of escaping Houston, as I'm told there's nothing brewing on that front

Doesn't mean much, really, but there ya go.

10. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Sam Amick @sam_amick about 7 minutes ago
    Rockets one of many teams wanting Dunleavy, but Bulls value him. Chicago has nothing in the works elsewhere yet, either, I'm told.

11. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

It's weird how supply and apparent demand for a player like Dunleavy can happen almost overnight.

12. t0mdotcom

t0mdotcom Member

If only Ryan Anderson wasn't injured.

13. Aruba77

i actually think they should move Asik for Ersan and be done with it. Yeah, we have to take on an extra year, but Morey would have between now and next year's trade deadline to move him, and he would instantly upgrade our offense. I think he's the perfect fit next to Dwight. And i think that Howard, Ersan, Parsons, Harden, Beverly, with Lin (filling in at both the 2 and the 1), Jones, and Dmo off the bench is a contending team.

#534 Aruba77, Feb 18, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2014
  14. t0mdotcom

t0mdotcom Member

Completely agree. Ersan has had a rough season, but I think on a contending team, he will bounce back.

15. Aruba77

seems like the most rumored active teams at the deadline are:
    Bobcats
    Celtics
    Knicks
    6ers
    Lakers
    Bucks

I'd bet that if we do a deal, it's with one of those six teams.

...maybe the Pelicans too.

#536 Aruba77, Feb 18, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2014
  16. ProjectRockets

Rondo can't finish left or with the left hand at all. He's a bit overrated in my book. All he really had going for him was speed, quickness, and 3 all stars in their prime in Garnett, Pierce, and Ray Allen who can all shoot the outside and attracted most of the defense's attention.

17. DasouthDakota

DasouthDakota Rookie

And Von Wafer wasn't, right? Stop posting.

18. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

For the Rockets? Not at all.

19. Stepping Razor

Not trying to set the board on fire but m this sounds like a trade for Lebron James . I honestly don't think this can be done unless Harden is traded, but I really don't see that happening...we'd have to trade at least Asik, Lin and Parsons to even start the conversation!