1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is Breaking Bad as good as they say?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by BonziWellsGOAT, Feb 18, 2014.

1. BonziWellsGOAT

I've been seeing it on Netflix and I have to know if it lives up to the hype before I commit. At an hour an episode thats quite a bit of time and effort (see: laying on couch) for me to expend.

I need convincing.

2. nickb492

nickb492 Contributing Member

It is for sure. Although the writing picks up further into the seasons, it almost becomes a natural progression into the story and keeps you interested. You are lucky that you can watch it in blocks. I had to wait like a sucker weekly since the first season.

3. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

The first few episodes may seem boeing, but it really picks up and builds one cohesive and amazing experience. Right up there with Wire, Sopranos, etc.

4. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

It really all depends if you're okay with character development. There are definitely tons of riveting action scenes, but they're interspersed with what some people might call "slow parts." The "slow parts" are really what makes it rewarding, so it just depends how patient you are. It also has some of the best cinematography of any TV show ever (or movie for that matter).

On a side note, I wasn't sure if I'd ever see a show that hooked me as much as Breaking Bad...then True Detective came out a couple months later. :eek:

5. kaitanuva

kaitanuva Member

It's so good.

6. BonziWellsGOAT

I love character development....I dont mind if a movie or tv is slow as long as it interests me. Im a huge fan of 2001: A Space Odyssey if that tells you anything.
    Anyway I have to watch season 3 of Game of Thrones first which should be at my house some time today. After that then I can watch Breaking Bad

7. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

My wife and I are halfway through season four. The first season is slow. After that, it's amazing.

8. CCorn

CCorn Member

It's better than they say... Unless they say it's better than they say.

9. HardenWay

HardenWay Member

Great story, as good as they say. A regular guy breaks bad, is in over his head but how does he change. Does the business chew him up and spit him out or does he get comfortable as the bad guy.

Twists and turns, you will hate someone then just like that love them or vice versa.

10. BonziWellsGOAT

So funny.

[​IMG]

11. Garner

Garner Member

If you watch any other programming, I guarantee it's not as good as BB. So, either stop watching television or get your priorities straight.

1 person likes this.
  12. SacTown

SacTown Member

Don't watch it. You'll get hooked, and by hooked I mean you won't do anything important that you should be doing like working out, socializing, starting a business, cleaning your room... You'll just watch breaking bad and that's not productive. It's that good.

13. likestohypeguy

When is the rest of the final season going to be on neflix?

14. BonziWellsGOAT

Thats what I did with Dexter and the first 2 seasons of Game of Thrones.

Morale of the Story:

[​IMG]

15. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

I honestly didn't see the hype at all throughout the first season. It was good, but I thought it was way overhyped. Then the first few episodes of Season 2 didn't do much to change my mind.

But after that, though...oh lawd...

16. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Its great...even better on netflix without commercials, and the ability to watch every episode back-to-back.

17. Toast

Toast Member

I'm sad that I finally finished the last season a week or so ago.

Now I gotta take a break from TV for a little while.

18. finalsbound

finalsbound Contributing Member

I felt that way after watching house of cards season 2 this weekend...really need to get into true detective (and the wire)

and btw, yes, breaking bad blew me away. blew. me. away. favorite tv show ever.

19. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

It varies. Show doesn't reach epic greatness until they introduce Gus. Season 4 is incredible.

Do not quit on the show early. Season 1 is slow, but goes uphill from there.

20. VanityHalfBlack

Season 1 is awesome.