1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How Will the Rockets Do on the 5-Game Post-ASG Road Trip?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by A_3PO, Feb 16, 2014.

1. adobo

adobo Member

Really hard to say, i reckon 4-1 but hope for 5-0. If we can be all healthy (? on Bev) and if Jeremy plays > 30 min and has > 14 fga for each game then we can possibly get 5 wins

2. cerophilik

cerophilik Member

Idk why most people are afraid of the clippers.
    I know we lost badly on the first game. But we didn't have any chemistry didn't know each other well. And we were so rusty made a lot of mistakes.
    The second game we almost had it. We had a 10 point lead till the 3th but at the end of the third pat got into cliff skin and he got heated and got his flopping to work and get pat in foul trouble. Then the refs calls some bs calls. A lot. I'm watching it now coz I didn't remember when we lost the lead. We couldn't score right at the end and everyone was cold at the end and right at the end the made it so they could lead by 2 points. Then it was just clippers mostly. But we just put our heads down and didn't fight.

I want to see the game and hope we win. We still inconsistent but not as much as on those first games. Lin didn't know what to do w Howard everyone was shooting badly from 3 and harden didn't seem to be aggressive at all.

I'm more worried about the lakers game. It's Howard's first game back to LA. And idk if it would get into him. But I'm glad everyone is playing well. We didn't have Dmo and jones playing like they are on those first games either.

3. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Clippers are the 2nd best team in the WC after OKC. In the absense of CP3, Blake has taken his game to another level (how long that lasts is anyone's guess) and they are playing with purpose, confidence and maturity. But people also forget the earlier 2 losses were in the first 10 games of the season while the Dwasik experiment was going on.

If there is a WC team to favor at home against the Rockets besides OKC, it would be the Clippers. Also consider it will be the last of a 5-game road trip and the 2nd of a back-to-back. Fatigue will factor in.

4. visible

visible Member

If you watched ASG, you would understand why people are afraid of Clippers.

5. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

The Clippers are the 2nd best team in the West IMO. Doc Rivers has had a huge positive effect on Jordan and Griffin.

- DeAndre Jordan is playing like a beast this year and earning his pay check.
    10 PPG, 14 RPG, 2.3 BPG

- Blake Griffin 24 PPG and 10 RPG

Both of those guys are easily having their best seasons as a pro. JJ Reddick has been outstanding on that team. He is the perfect shooting guard to put with Jordan and Griffin because he is such a leathal outside shooter and is a nightmare coming off of picks for the 3pt shot.

Chris Paul IS the best point guard in the game by far. I hate the dude but he is great. There are many reasons to worry about the Clippers. Jamaal Crawford is probably the best 6th man in the league. Like the Rockets, they are just now starting to get well.

6. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Let's be real, the Rockets do not believe in easy wins.

7. iJHolmes

iJHolmes Member

correct, there's no such thing as an easy win to this team. Even if we're playing the 9-34 milwalkee bucks.

8. CDrex

CDrex Contributing Member

Clippers is a foregone conclusion, every sign screams loss. Lakers and Kings should be wins (I know the Rockets have struggled against SAC, but I think they have matured just enough to get it done). I'd call for a split against Phoenix and Golden State, though I couldn't begin to guess which one is a win and which a loss.

3-2 overall.

9. Akkuron

Akkuron Member

[​IMG]

10. quinnolivarez

quinnolivarez Member

5-0 or 4-1. If we lose it'll be to the W's, who are really yearning for a win right now. Lakers and Kings will be gimmes and are the first game of a back to back, I like how we match up against the suns if we play hard, and I think we'll finally beat the clippers, especially now that we have our full complement of players.

11. cerophilik

cerophilik Member

I did watch it. And if u play defense on them and don't let griffin get his dunks ur okay. We were doing okay on the second game. Just the inconsistent play and pat ticking off Paul changed the outcome of that game. Howard was playing badly that game not coz of the defense on him but because the team didn't look for him and the help wasn't helping Howard on picks and rolls. Also harden was injured and he wasn't playing well he had like 1 ft the whole game. Lin made a lot of TOs when the clips made their run.

So factoring all of that I would say we can play well w the clippers. I want to see how we play this time against them in LA again.
    The only reason griffin got so many points was coz they were playing no defense and Paul was passing it to him the whole 1st half. But once the Eastern conf played a lil closer and tighter w more "defense" griffin didn't scored that much and Paul made some mistakes or ISO. He didn't even look for anyone other than griffin or a pass to durant. No lobs for Dwight and I think just few to Davis

12. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Yes we can play with them indeed. But man Blake has taken his game up a few notches. Our perimeter defense is atrocious and Crawford, Reddick and Paul will have a field day.

Now if we play our game, don't turn the ball over too much, hit our freethrows and don't give up huge leads. Then heck ya we would beat them.

13. Rockets FTW

Rockets FTW Member

TBH. I think a good deadline deal would revamp the team.

4-1. maybe 5-0. The NBA needs to take notice this roadtrip.

14. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

IMO... If they can come away from this road trip losing no more than one of the two games bolded above and win all the others, then there will be no doubt that this team is for real.

15. DarkRock

DarkRock Rookie

Hoping for 4-1 but will accept 3-2 or even 2-3.

If we go 1-4 make that W is over the fruking Lakers!

16. Matt78777

Matt78777 Contributing Member

Extra Wrinkle in Golden State game: if the Rockets make a trade at the deadline (that same day) the players they trade away will be held out of the game, while they likely will not have the players they have traded for already reporting. This happened at the OKC game I went to last year and I remember thinking, where the hell is our bench? Fortunately, Harden had a monster game and we prevailed, but it'd be hard to EXPECT that to happen again.

17. Matt78777

Matt78777 Contributing Member

Hope we go at least 3-2, with wins over the clips and golden state, for statement/tie breaker purposes.

18. oldgunrules

oldgunrules Member

If Beverley is healthy we have a good chance to win every game. If not. well, we'll get punked by the Clippers for sure and Gold State and Phoenix games will be tough too. My prediction is we'll go 3:2.

19. OremLK

OremLK Member

Clippers have our number, especially in Staples. We probably lose that game.

We can win the rest of those, although even odds we lose 1 of them.

20. Exiled

Exiled Member

Against the clib. It is all about T.Jon &Dmo. To step up this time. And keep garcia&casspi on the bench as long as possible