1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] The numbers are clear: Patrick Beverley deserves to start over Jeremy Lin

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 21, 2014.

1. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

He forgot dragic Conley hill

2. Panda23

Panda23 Member

So he basically ranked Felton above all of them

Right

3. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

I said he forgot and jlin is better than Felton

Jlin simply has no playoffs experience to show for

4. visible

visible Member

If he could remember every pg's name,he sure would put them in front of jlin.

5. Clarinetmonster

Also, sorry, I love Bev but #17???

6. Toonrox

Toonrox Member

I think that Jlin is at least on par, if not better than those players highlighted. You are underrating his performance and capabilities.

And if you are accounting for injuries, you should remove Rondo and Westbrooks from the list until they are healthy. If not, then placing Rondo and Westbrooks at 15 and 16, respectively, is laughable.

Also as someone posted earlier, I think Dragic and Conley are better than Jlin as of now.

So outside of your top 8, Dragic, Conley, westbrooks and Rondo, the rest are pretty much debatable.

7. Toonrox

Toonrox Member

And to add on, majority of the guards here are playing in a fixed system and with a fixed role, unlike Lin who has been in flux all season long. Don't underestimate the impact of playing in a defined role on the player's confidence and performance.

Cheers

8. Toonrox

Toonrox Member

Oops and we all seem to forget about CP3 :grin: Or maybe is it on purpose? Hmmm...

9. adobo

adobo Member

Lol...no CP3 and Dragic = FAIL

10. basketballholic

The bigger fail is Isaiah Thomas and Kemba Walker rated above Lin. Sacramento is trying to replace Thomas as we speak and Kemba's numbers are god-awful.

11. Panda23

Panda23 Member

yeah true, while injury effected a solid playoff performance from him could do wonders for his confidence

12. verysimplejason

If this is the case then why not trade for someone from this list who are a lot cheaper? You can also include those SG's that should appear better than JLin if this list will be some sort of reference. I'm all for anything that will improve the Rockets and that includes trading JLin if needed. That said, I wonder why Morey is still holding on to JLin given the options... Another thing, are you saying that 18 from this list are better than JLin but aren't necessarily better than him playing 6th man? I'm confused man... If Rockets really need a 6th man, then they should get a real 6th man, somebody like Nate or Crawford. That'd be perfect. Right? I bet Spurs, Chicago, Philidalphia and Milwaukee got some 6th man better than JLin if we are going by your assessment.

13. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Thomas and Walker BOTH have a MUCH higher PER than Lin, just saying.

Thomas has a 21 PER that destroys anything Jeremy has EVER done statistcally.

14. Panda23

Panda23 Member

Here is how I would rank them, WB/Rose/Rondo don't exist imo due to injury but ill plug em in

1.Paul
    2.Curry
    3.Parker
    4. Lillard
    5.Wall
    6.Lowry
    7. Irving
    8. Injured- Rose
    9. Injured- WB
    10. Injured- Rondo

11. Dragic
    12. Holiday
    13. Conley
    14. Lawson
    15. Hill

Now this is where its gets interesting, from the pool of Jennings, Teague, Jackson, etc, Lin is very much in the mix, and you could very well make the argument that Lin in the position of Jennings/Teague/Walker with a higher usage would perform just as good if not better. Lin's at 20 the others at 26, 24, 26 respectively from memory.

Isiah Thomas gets disqualified for being a midget

Oh and I forgot dis guy

29. Rubio you suck
    [​IMG]

lemme know if i forgot any1

15. Soft Takes

Soft Takes Rookie

I agree with most of the rankings on that top 15 however I wouldn't include the injured players in general because a healthy rose is way better than some of those scrubs. I'm a big believer in defense winning championships so I'm gonna go ahead and put Curry around 15. He's an undersized korver who is turnover prone and plays no defense. You probably are a highlight reel guy to rate him number 2. Watch some full GSW games if you don't believe me. Also Kyries Irving is a similar type of player, no defense, bad shot selection, highlight player. I'd land Lin right around 10 with Teague and Hill and ahead of jrue holiday.

16. ed_tx

ed_tx Contributing Member

Just as much as Harden. Except Harden stunk it up when he was with OKC in the playoffs too.

1 person likes this.
  17. CCM721

CCM721 Member

Exactly how uneducated are you on what Harden accomplished before he came to Houston? Believe it or not the Thunder played in playoffs games before the Finals against Miami, because I'm not sure if you realize this is or not but teams do play to decide the Finals participants. In the 2010-2011 playoffs he posted a PER of 19.1 at the age of 21, the next year in the 2011-2012 playoffs he posted a PER of 20.9. Harden was a gigantic factor in the Thunder reaching the NBA finals, one bad series doesn't erase every good game he had in the playoffs.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/Y6_KYulzT4M" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

1 person likes this.
  18. Hrock

Hrock Rookie

One could argue the same thing for Jeremy, only he never had a chance to prove himself in playoffs because of his injury. Yet I still see stupid posters writing how bad he was in playoffs. The one bad game he had against the Thunder was the same bad game every player on the Rockets did too in playoffs last season. I really think Harden will be good to go come playoffs. Jeremy will once again, prove doubters wrong in my opinion.

19. CCM721

CCM721 Member

Except with Lin it is a complete hypothetical. We know for a fact Harden is capable of hitting clutch shots and having big games in the playoffs because he has done it before.

20. wfeebs

wfeebs Member

LOL dude you don't know anything about the NBA. Troll troll troll your boat.

Harden DESTROYED the spurs in the 2012 WCF. he struggled in the NBA finals but what you said is a complete joke.