1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Stephen A. Smith: "Heard some news about some potential deal involving Jeremy Lin"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Voice of Aus, Feb 14, 2014.

1. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

A very reasonable post from a fellow fan of Jeremy's. You get an "official" Blade Runner pat on the back! :-D-

2. Clarinetmonster

I feel exactly the same way - do I get a Pat??:grin:

3. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Shumpert, Chandler, Hardaway Jr (if we took Felton off their hands)

We have 2 things that we do not want/need (Asik and Lin). Trading invaluable pieces for things we're desperately missing would be huge.

Chandler instantly gives us 10 minutes of backup C play + more if required.
    Shumpert gives us 3 + D off the bench
    Brooks has shown he can man the point off the bench - doesn't turn it over just trying to pass it to someone else, and is a far superior shooter.

We'd lose out on a 'backup penetrator' for games Harden is out. That'd be the main downside, although Hardaway Jr has huge potential in that regard.

4. Doktor Mndbndr

Things the Rockets need:

1. A motivated Asik.
    2. A Lin who is "plug-and-play", in the sense of bringing his 'A' game in whatever situation or role he is called upon.
    3. A 3 & D wing defender who can shut down Durant in the post-season (supposed to be Garcia or kinda Brewer, but obviously neither has panned out...)

5. iJHolmes

iJHolmes Member

I say ship him out now. That way if the guy we get in return doesn't work out. We can ship him off too for better assets. At this point i think we should take whatever we can get at this point for lin.

6. visible

visible Member

Lin won't go any where. Lin is great piece to this team. Go Rox!

7. Pak14life

Pak14life Member

I call bs on this rumor, been out there for more than a day and not a single writer has even acknowledged much less confirmed it besides some anonymous cf posters posting in riddles, tho who really knows

8. AdrenaLINe

AdrenaLINe Rookie

no matter what I will always be a Rox fan

unfortunately the last time a NBA team I cheered for... that won a championship was in 1979

9. DreamEarlNolan

If you are a Rockets fan then the team you currently cheer for won championships in 93/94 and 94/95. Maybe I misunderstood your post.:confused:

10. cfansnet

cfansnet Member

Wow, excellent posts!

Time machine obviously.

The problem is that it won't stop because the main instigators are mainly trolls that pretend to be either LOF/LOH depending on the mood of the board.

Now that we have Dwight and Harden, you can be sure they'll still be on here having some fun. Lin is just the easy target for now.

11. treeman

treeman Member

Wow. Just... wow.

12. treeman

treeman Member

And I call BS on all 2013'ers calling BS on... anything. CF has been around for a long time, and it's never been a secret. Where have you been?

I put zero stock into the idea that unless it's leaked it's not happening. VERY often the first we hear about big trades is the second they're announced. Pre-trade leaks/reports are not necessary.

Patience.

13. Pak14life

Pak14life Member

Ok that's fair, how about I don't think it's likely?

14. StandontheLake

what would they trade us?

15. Penetrate&Creat

Lin, Asik for Shump, Chandler, Felton and MAYBE Thj. If I were the Knicks, I'd keep Timmy, but Jimmy Dolan is a moron, so who knows.

16. DXtreme

DXtreme Member

Both your quote posters are on my ignore list, how funny

17. gene18

gene18 Rookie

I don't think anybody can shut down Durant.

18. gene18

gene18 Rookie

How many games have you seen Shumpert play? Watch at least ten full games . Your opinion might change radically.

19. gene18

gene18 Rookie

His total FG% is .37 and his 3PT% is .35. Not exciting.

20. Little General

The champions in 1979 were the Seattle SuperSonics. So I guess you were a SuperSonics fan then.