1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Stephen A. Smith: "Heard some news about some potential deal involving Jeremy Lin"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Voice of Aus, Feb 14, 2014.

1. alexhu01

alexhu01 Member

LOL, what the truth you are telling.

2. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

I think Morey is hell bent on getting a third star. We shall see.

3. Sports2012

Sports2012 Member

He already said he is not. We shall see.

1 person likes this.
  4. Breitbard

Breitbard Contributing Member

Hope more info continues to come out about a potential deal or this thread is going to evolve into another LOF/LOH s--tstorm.

5. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Am I the only one who wants Lin to be traded just so the LOF vs LOH stuff will stop. I like him and all and he is a great asset to the team but part of me wants him gone so this ends.

6. King1

King1 Contributing Member

You want the Rockets to make a trade based on forum posting? Seriously?

That's just sad. You need to go out and get some fresh air dude

1 person likes this.
  7. Darrinlane

Darrinlane Member

Shhh.....quit yelling!

8. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

NO, that's not what I meant at all.

9. Darrinlane

Darrinlane Member

I feel Lin as 6 man is working well. Unless we get something great.....don't fix something that isn't broken.

10. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

It will never stop. People still hate on Rudy T years later.

11. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Lmao, well ok then.

12. Nanisteru

Nanisteru Rookie

Really? Part of you wants to sacrifice team chemistry just for the sanity of an internet forum... :rolleyes:

You need to get your priorities in order if you can't handle internet drama.

Anyways, if Rockets better get some serious depth for their bench if they are considering to trade Lin.

13. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

LMAO, Now I'm getting flamed. Any subject about Lin is not a good subject aparently. Let me clear we are in a potential Lin trade thread our GM is Daryl Morey so I know whatever trade he makes will be a good one. Leaving that aside I'm simply saying that apart of me wants it to be over so you guys will stop all this LOF vs LOH stuff. I hope that clears things up a bit..

14. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

The Rockets have quietly been shopping Lin since the Summer based on multiple reports that have been mentioned in the GARM quite a bit. Steven A mentioning it doesn't really mean its any more likely to actually happen, especially in a super complex deal going to the Knicks.

And yes a deal with the Knicks would be extremely difficult.

A. They aren't giving up Hardaway Jr. & they don't have picks to trade
    B. The Rockets aren't going to take back 2 more years after this one of Raymond Felton
    C. If Asik & Chandler are involved in talks that means we are most likely involving a 3rd team taking back Chandler.... which makes a deal even more difficult

So really you are talking about the deal for the Rockets either involving Shumpert and probably a small asset from a 3rd team (maybe late 1st rounder), and salary cap flexibility going into this Summer.

Guys, that's not really great incentive for Morey to move heaven and earth to get deal of this magnitude done just to move salary essentially UNLESS a 3rd team like Charlotte (who would be taking back Chandler and sending Ben Gordon's expiring to Houston) is sending more assets to Houston than one might think they would be inclined to send.

Thats just a pipe dream scenario with no legs up to this point, and it HURTS the Rockets in the short term pretty dramatically by losing Asik & Lin during this key stretch coming up. Thats still a sacrifice to consider even if it helps the Rockets this Summer sign a key impact player or trade for one.

I don't think this rumor is anything we all should really sit on pins and needles waiting to happen.

#194 dobro1229, Feb 15, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2014
  15. basketballholic

Matching Lin's contract would have cost the Knicks $50-60 million more than what they are paying now with all those guys.

It was about the money.

16. Little General

<iframe width="640" height="390" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/iclMp_5RGaM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

17. BeardSanity

BeardSanity Member

You should limit your time on the forum if that's how you feel. Sad thing is you're not the only one who feels like this.

18. King1

King1 Contributing Member

That's what you said

19. FeaR

FeaR Member

You aren't in position to talk, especially you. Your crusade against Lof is a part of the GARM regression(quality) ... so stop it. He explained what he meant.

20. WinkFan

WinkFan Contributing Member

You can surround the 2 stars with role players if the two stars are good enough. If they are James Harden and Dwight Howard, that is probably not going to work.