1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

BBS etiquette (what you would like to see eliminated)

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Another Brother, May 12, 2003.

1. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Eliminate all hypothetical trade threads, especially the ones that use that website that always ends in "TRADE ACCEPTED". What is the point of debating a trade that isn't even a rumor? If something comes out in the news, fine but otherwise why even talk about it?

2. MoBalls

MoBalls Contributing Member

BBS etiquette? This is a place where we all like to give our opinions and give comments on different opinions. It wouldnt be the same if we had to worry about what we are typing all of the time. When I go and hang out with my buddies and shoot the sh*&, I dont worry about etiquette. Im not saying that your all my buddies,but you all know what I mean. I dont know any of you, but I like to give my input on certain subjects, being personal or not. This place is great. BBS Hangout. ........I can hangout in here and the Mrs doesnt get mad either:D ......unless Mrs.JB starts to post some of them cheerleading pics.....;)

3. RocketMan Tex

RocketMan Tex Contributing Member

I feverishly worshipped the Crown Royal God on Saturday night, and I spend Sunday morning on my knees praying at his porcelain altar.

4. Woofer

Woofer Contributing Member

You guys are always good for a few laughs! I love this place.

5. Heretic

Heretic Member

I don't believe in the traditional concept of god.
    I believe in a higher power that I believe is neutral and doesn't take notice of us.
    I do not worship this power.
    I do not believe in religion because I've never seen any verifiable evidence that they know any more than I do about what happens when we die because so far the afterlife has proven to be a one way trip for everyone.
    I do not believe in religion because it is too often used as a weapon while preaching peace.

That's my basic views on religion. :p

6. Fatty FatBastard

I thought this was a thread to eliminate members.

Nobody is naming names and polling to see who should get kicked off.

If we're not going to do this thread "Survivor" style, then it's just another "What annoys you" thread, and that has been done in excess also, IMO.

BORING!

7. codell

codell Contributing Member

Some people post way too much. I don't think anyone should be posting more than 13.29 posts per day. :)

8. red

red Contributing Member

would you like to see my ignore list?

you havnt made it yet. keep trying though.

9. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

I wonder what scientific method you used to get that number.

10. Woofer

Well, we could have a thread to see who has the longest ignore list. Then half the people might think they have won, because of the ignore lists. :)

11. MR. MEOWGI

MR. MEOWGI Contributing Member

Sounds like you have issues with Christianity, not religion.

How about no new topics until after 5:00 (for the working people).

12. mateo

mateo Contributing Member

I'd like to have people not assume that if one disagees with one person's political belief that makes him either :

a hippie liberal

or

a souless rightwinger

there are plenty of us who are neither.....

(btw, I don't think Democrats are hippie liberals or Republicans are souless rightwingers...these are examples of the labels I see thrown about when political threads go Johnny Storm - FLAME ON!)

13. Woofer

Thats .02 above his daily average.

14. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

The BBS is our Barbershop and nobody can take that away from us.* :D

*Except the moderators

15. codell

codell Contributing Member

Really? I had no clue ......honest ........I just thought it was a nice round (kinda) number. :D

16. Another Brother

Another Brother Contributing Member

Actually FFB we don't have the authority to do this "Survivor" style, moderate your own site and kick off who you want.

I find myself getting upset at things that may or may not be intentionally offensive. However, because of what I(we) have listed, if I lash out at someone because I find something offensive they can't say they weren't warned.

BTW I'm NOT a Rev. Jessie Jackson fan, but I do respect his title.

#56 Another Brother, May 12, 2003
    Last edited: May 12, 2003
  17. Fatty FatBastard

AB: I know, it was tongue in cheek.

Would be cool if we could, tho.:D

18. VesceySux

VesceySux Contributing Member

Why are you people arguing religion in this thread? Here's a great example of THREAD DERAILING. For the love of ... um... whatever deity you pray to, step outside, start a new thread, and play Rock 'Em Sock 'Em Zealots elsewhere. Sheesh.

... And yes, I DO have a bad case of the Mondays.

19. mr_oily

mr_oily Member

~Make the topic of your thread somewhat similar to your story/article/question, its easier to see if its already been posted.
    Alot of times I'll see someone getting scolded for double posting a story but the original thread title is nowhere near related to the actual story or topic. No wonder?!

also...

~I'd like to see some threads of praise for our team and/or players. Enjoy the team and the game. MMMKay?

20. Woofer