1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Wizards @ Rockets 2/12/2014

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Feb 11, 2014.

1. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Ariza was practically holding Harden and had 2 hands on him. Easy foul there that wasn't called and Harden sold the last one more. Fair is fair people need to gtfo.

2. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

Not to argue the point because I agree it was a foul. Ariza did grab him with both hands and tried to hold him across Howard's screen. But Bavetta didn't call that. He didn't blow his whistle until Harden clasped Ariza's hand and flopped down. Ariza didn't push Harden down. That's the reality.

Still great sell of it by Harden. Love the win. We had are fair share of bad calls too. It all evens out.

3. kianainhi

kianainhi Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/BrZntdm86uw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

4. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

There were blowing them out until Ariza went HAM with the 6 or 7 threes in the 3Q. The play that changed it was a offensive foul on D12 and some other offensive goaltending call on D12 then Ariza just hit 3 after 3 after 3.

5. Sports2012

Sports2012 Member

After the Harden layup, there was only 0.07 second left in the game. Would it require so much discussions?

You still won't give up discrediting Lin, would you?

6. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Really not trying to argue about this, but check the score in the still (or watch the clip above). That's the final score -- it was definitely after the Harden layup.

7. Sports2012

Sports2012 Member

The Rox have been 31-3 in games with more than one point lead after the first three quarters this season.

8. TuanDinhVu

TuanDinhVu Member

I think they were playing tic-tac-toe and it was Jeremy's move.

9. Sports2012

Sports2012 Member

Get your numbers right. Howard missed six of his 16 FTs.

10. vladyx92

vladyx92 Member

Harden's +/- was not great, since Ariza rained almost everything on him. However, in an alternate Universe where we didn't have The Beard, we would have never won this game! Very clutch performance from James.

This was the craziest regular-season game I have ever attended, hands down. You could feel the tension in the crowd, it almost felt like game 6 of the series against OKC (sorry for bringing back those memories).

Dwight dominated down low against Gortat and Nene, but some of his passing was atrocious tonight and fueled the Wizards' fast break. Similarly, Jeremy Lin. He threw at least a couple of full-court ducks at the Richard Shermans from DC.

Crazy stat of the day: we attempted 33 fewer FGs than the Washington Wizards. If anyone can find stats like that from past seasons, I would be glad to see them. I am amazed we won the game & glad I could be there!

11. Sports2012

Sports2012 Member

At least two of Lin's five turnovers were passes to TJones. From the beginning of this game TJones had been absent minded.

BTW TJones also had two TOs.

12. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

Yes it would. Believe it or not, NBA players move around before the ball is inbounded.

13. WinkFan

WinkFan Contributing Member

Jeremy Lin's 5 turnovers.

Threw a pass to Dmo on the under the basket, and all Dmo could do way try to throw it off a Wizards player going out of bounds.

Threw a pass on the pick and roll behind Terrence that was uncatchable.

Tried to throw an entry pass to Dwight from a bad angle that had no chance.

Drove down the baseline and just lost the ball

Tried to throw a halfcourt alley oop that was way short.

You can go to nba.com and look for yourself. None of these turnovers are remotely anyone else's fault.

14. MadMaxwell

MadMaxwell Member

Being sarcastic...

15. Rox7

Rox7 Member

I know you hate Lin. Just chill and enjoy the win.

Dwight had 7, Harden had 4.

16. WinkFan

I was just responding to the apparent sentiment that some of Lin's turnovers were not his fault. That was clearly not the case tonight.

BTW, I'm glad you brought up Harden. One of his turnovers was a bad pass from Lin that he saved, but threw to the Wizards.

17. Drphil

Drphil Member

Such a troll answer

Lol It's so painful being a fan of Lin's with you guys causing havoc. Somebody save me.

18. WinkFan

Seriously? Maybe the Rockets remember Steve Blake's game winner earlier this season.

19. thebeardedwon

thebeardedwon Member

guys im still so jacked. can't stop jamming, eating, and dreaming. Bring on all the haters! Rockets are RAW

20. errpac

errpac Member

Happy about the win, not happy about how we won. We should had beaten this team by +10 and instead we got pretty lucky that calls went our way and we got the win (not happy about that. Either way a win is a win and we moved up in rankings.
    People complaining about Lin, please just stop. People defending Lin, please just stop. Lin had a bad game and had really bad turnovers. Doesn't mean we should trade him right away, players will have bad games even all stars. Tjones didn't do much in that game, and no one complains about that. Doesn't mean we should trade tjones, hoe he bounces back soon.

Stop with the Lin only hate and love. We should like our players. I truly believe in order for the rockets to make it deep in the playoffs we need Lin to be the dangerous 6th man. We are not going to get rondo for Lin and asik so stop dreaming. Having lin and pb as our duo pg is a luxury so just be supportive. Trust me we don't need a Lowry.