1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Patrick Patterson

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Clutch, Feb 11, 2014.

1. basketballholic

PPat Season:

[​IMG]

PPat Last 30 days:

[​IMG]

2. basketballholic

1. I see you are an advocate of the Twin Towers. Good for you.

2. Once again, I said nothing about trading Asik but rather keeping him for a championship run this season.

As to your questions:

1. Is there any team that can defeat the Rockets in a seven game series?

Response: Hard to tell who can beat who at this point in a 7-game series. But the Rockets aren't exactly running away with the league. They are vulnerable in their big man rotation.

2. Why would Morey risk a trade when every player is playing so well?

Response: To go from well to great. And to give us greater flexibility to go from well to great this off season.

3. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

You are right. Can't go back in time.

Short of trading Patterson and Morris, the only other simple way of clearing space for Dwight would be to trade either Asik or Lin. Probably not much market for Lin given the contract. As for Asik, there probably was a market for him but teams would have low-balled the Rockets for him. The team likely (correctly) viewed Asik as the more valuable player to keep despite the positional duplication and would rather sell off Morris and Patterson rather than taking a low-ball offer for Asik.

4. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

OKC, Miami, Indiana, LAC can beat the rockets in a 7 game series and should be favored to do so.

5. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

Yea he is good but he was in the same position as Dragic. Too good to let go not good enough to make the Rockets a chamionship team.

6. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

Those are 2 wrongs that should have never been done. They are related.

And Asik was a good sign. Even if he became "injured", without him we wouldn't have had good year which helped us get Howard. So it was right at the time and it was right even today.

However Dragic should have never been let go for the player option reasoning. It wasn't a good move then nor now. If you don't do that move, which he shouldn't have, then you don't have to make another wrong by trading a good role player for a #5 player who can rebound but can't shoot outside 6 inches. We were lucky to get that much from Portland because they were still seeing "potiential" from his 1 KS year.

If you don't make the 1st wrong move, then you don't need to make the 2nd wrong move to "correct" the 1st wrong move.

7. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Patterson would help a lot, but I'm not sure that I can justify giving up a first rounder for him.

Lowry, on the other hand, just show me where to sign.

8. Carl Herrera

Would you do, say, Lin+DMo+1st round pick+2nd round picks+Llull+Papanikalaou for Lowry+Patterson?

9. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

:eek:

I suspected that you were delusional in the other thread. Now you have removed all doubt for me.

10. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

No, that's too much for two rental players (although, realistically, a fair offer).

I'd counter with a similar deal only I'd offer to take the Chuckwagon off of their hands.

Something like Lin + D-Mo + Brewer + 1st round pick for Lowry + Patterson + Hayes. Would be quite entertaining.

11. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

NONONONO!

People constantly compare Leastern conference players with players in the WC. Stats inflation because of inferior competition for 2/3 or their games. Patterson is not competitive against WC power forwards and Lowry is having a career season and could slide back to his mean at any moment. Any Leastern conference team other than the Pacers and Heat are just road kill in the WC.

#71 jtr, Feb 11, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2014
  12. basketballholic

No. Because we aren't going to sign Lowry long-term. I'd do the deal I described. Lin/DMo/Smith/Brewer going out and PPat coming in. Keep the other assets and get Canaan to pumping 3-balls from the parking lot and making plays after Lin is gone. I've seen enough from Canaan. Dude can play.

Now I would consider long and hard giving up Llull's rights and a second rounder for Lowry in that package but not the first and not Papanikalaou. Not saying I'd do it. I'd have to know the situation with Llull much mroe intimately before I'd actually do that deal. I think Llull is a star-level NBA talent.

Lowry is a guy that a team like Sacramento will throw $25-30 million at. And that contract then becomes a cap clogger when we are still trying to get one more big piece before we sign and re-sign guys like Lowry.

13. Carl Herrera

#73 Carl Herrera, Feb 11, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2014
  14. Fantasma Negro

I'd love to have him come back and backup T. Jones. I miss Pat, he always looked to be having fun out there even when this team sucked elephant arse LoL

15. CasaDolce

CasaDolce Rookie

Another ex-Rocket shining ~~ what's new?

2Pat shouldn't have called Harden out :p

But if trading 2Pat away eventually landed us Dwight, we should do it over and over again!

16. Carl Herrera

17. meh

meh Contributing Member

If Morey had kept everyone from 2012, I wonder what our record would be.

Lowry/Dragic
    Dragic/KMart
    Parsons/Dunleavy(with part of our MLE)
    Patterson/Morris
    Asik/Patterson/Smith

Would we beat out the Mavs or the Grizzlies for the 14th pick?

18. hubeijames

hubeijames Member

I love me some PPat but we don't need him. TJones is better, he's not a huge upgrade over Montiejunas and he has to be paid this summer.

He's not a stretch 4, he's a tweener. He's a bad rebounder, and defensively it's a wash.

19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Badass mask.

20. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

I would have an orgasm if that happened.