1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Do the Rockets Nitpicked too much?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BonziWellsGOAT, Feb 11, 2014.

Tags:
  1. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

Howard and Lin Yes. Harden not so much. Maybe a little guilt by association.

2. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

I really don't see the hate for Lin, maybe on Clutchfans but I think that is more in response to his crazy fans than Lin himself.

3. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

They sure as hell get nitpicked too much here. Not by Clutch and the mods, but by too many members to count.

4. Hilarious

Hilarious Member

You really forgot to mention Beverly (Westbrick incident) :cool:

5. BonziWellsGOAT

No doubt. For a FAN forum there sure are alot of people who seem to root against the Rockets or at the very least complain about everything even when they win (which blows my mind.)Oh yeah what are mods??

6. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Little critters that dig into your hard drive and wreck havoc if you do something against the rules of the BBS. Also referred to as "moderators."

7. lookabove

lookabove Contributing Member

Guess you don't read other forum. I could post links, but not sure mod would condone that. Harden is not on level CP3 or Lebron, but many fans consider him a flopper. There is a lot hate for those types of players and many fan thinks he overrated because they think his game relies solely on getting fouls calls.

8. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

They need a deep playoff run. Nothing wrong with people wanting them to prove it in the playoffs first before giving them all the praise.

Hell, the fans in Houston themselves would probably need a deep playoff run (or two) to really believe in this team.

9. BonziWellsGOAT

Ahhh its all becoming clear now.....why dont the mods carry out retribution on more CFers.

Let the cleanse begin.

10. WinkFan

WinkFan Contributing Member

This team has had no postseason success yet, and is sitting in 5th place in the West. Criticism is to be expected.

11. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

LOL!!

12. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

How so? Critisizm is for teams that were expected to be better than they are.

13. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Technically they are 4th and have homecourt advantage. Both Portland and San Antonio are starting to slide and the Rockets have had a tougher schedule than both.

14. BonziWellsGOAT

Like I said look at the differnce between 5th through 2nd. They are only 2 out of the 2nd spot only 5.5 out of first (Although first is a pipe dream this season) the 2nd seed is a very real possibility. :rolleyes: Also this is the first year with this new team so they havent had the opportunity to have postseason success. A bit cynical are we?

15. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Tim Legler was high on his praise of the Rockets on ESPN last night, going so far as to call them NBA Finals contenders. I'd say other folks are looking at the team to fail because Dwight rubbed them the wrong way by failing in LA, then leaving. The national media always needs a whipping boy.

16. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Use the ignore function liberally. It will set you free.

17. BonziWellsGOAT

Missed that one. I try to avoid ESPN for the most part (mainly sportscenter) I do however like Tim Legler and some of the other sport specific guys.

18. WinkFan

WinkFan Contributing Member

This team started out behind the 8 ball because of the "Dwightmare". When your team has a negative perception like this, you have to do something to turn it around. The Heat had to win 2 titles. We're 2 games out of the #2 seed.

If the playoffs started today, we would be facing a team that beat us by double digits both times we played them. We have 2 All NBA players, and we would be an underdog in a first round series.

This team will have to accomplish something to avoid the media criticism.

19. bongman

bongman Member

What is interesting is that the media doesn't use "Dwightmare" anymore. This is a big shift in the positive direction with regards to public perception. In half a season, Dwight seems to have modified their views based on his actions. :)

20. BonziWellsGOAT

I've noticed that too....here's to hoping it keeps getting better.