1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Timberwolves 2/10/2014

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Feb 9, 2014.

1. ScriboErgoSum

ScriboErgoSum Contributing Member

A Magic Number is the total number of Rocket wins or opponent losses that are needed for the Rockets to clinch a better record over a team. The Diff column indicates the difference in the Magic Number from the previous day. If the Rockets win, all numbers drop one. If a team loses, their number drops one. If both happen, their number drops 2.

In the past, I've done a dedicated thread with daily updates and detailed write ups sometime after the trade deadline. I'm trying to decide if I'll have the time to do a dedicated thread this year. I'd like to, because I think we're going to have a fun playoff race down to the wire. The #1 seed is likely out, but home court in the first, a division title, and even home court in the first two rounds seems possible.

2. Unstable

Unstable Member

This number becomes more useful closer to Playoff time, we will know how many more wins is needed to secure playoff berth. Also as the games progress we will also know if the possibility of catching up with some of the leaders are still valid. At the moment Rockets have 30 more games to play, OKC is up ahead by 36 (if they win all their games - which may not really be possible). Even then, it means Rockets winning all their 30 remaining games still requires OKC to lose 6 more times before we can leap frog over OKC.

3. DarkRock

DarkRock Rookie

Nice win and nice momentum we have going. Just win one more and rest well during the AS break.

4. iconoclastic

iconoclastic Member

Am I the only one who saw at least 3 steals by Lin in the game?

5. tkrieger

tkrieger Member

Pat Beverley's defense in that game was Gary Payton-ish..........

6. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

PBev is everywhere on defense. He moves so fast on defense is like there are multiple PBevs trying to steal the ball, like in the Jet Li movies. :grin:

1 person likes this.
  7. Champ06

Champ06 Member

Even if you are replying to some assholes who were trashing Harden, do you need to bring Lin into the conversation or rather argument. How selective is your remark against Lin? Remarkable. I thought Rockets has won but maybe, I was wrong........I should check the scorebox again. SMH

8. Phillycheese

Phillycheese Member

Hypocrite and a slanderer. You just trashed Lin, one of our beloved Rockets. And then called out a group of imaginary people.

9. Razsan

Razsan Member

I made the same comment...I did go back and see that one with about 5 left in the 2nd was potentially a deflected ball that Lin snagged away. Had a bad camera angle so it was hard to see.

10. WinkFan

WinkFan Contributing Member

Beverley:
    0pt 10reb 8ast 5stl 2to
    Lin:
    2pt 3reb 7ast 1stl 1to

That's not really that similar.

11. Maknusia

Maknusia Member

That was credited to DH, since he had a hand on it. It all depends on the recorder how they credit the play.
    http://stats.nba.com/cvp.html?GameID=0021300768&GameEventID=215

But there was one steal that was wrongly credited to JH.
    http://stats.nba.com/cvp.html?GameID=0021300768&GameEventID=188

12. RocketRaccoon

RocketRaccoon Contributing Member

Good win by the boys!

Going to be fun watching them flex their muscle here and out.

13. HardenWay

HardenWay Member

Another day, another thread, more bull**** bickering comparing Beverly to Lin. On a night where Mchale went with both of them over Harden to finish the game.

14. rocketabc

rocketabc Contributing Member

May or may not have just read this verbatim to Rockets GM Daryl Morey on the air. :grin:

15. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

The only question about the team right now is Asik. Will he stay, or will he go?!?!?!?! Any other questions about the team is just flat detrimental to the team.

1 person likes this.
  16. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The silence on Minnesota media about last night's game is deafening. There is much more talk about Minnesota curlers in the Olympics than there is about the T-Wolves.

17. AdrenaLINe

AdrenaLINe Rookie

Payton was been at keeping his man in front of him...playing lock down defence

Beverly seems better at creating turnovers/steals

18. AdrenaLINe

AdrenaLINe Rookie

yes this gets tiring... Bev is out there starting for a reason.... MOST LOFs have accepted it...

Lin has shown he can perform when played as a PG... people want him to do better... take up a petition and demand Mchale play him as a PG rather than a SG

if you are fine with the rotations on this team... then just be glad Lin Asik and Dmo are not sulking... or hope they get traded by the 20th

19. AdrenaLINe

AdrenaLINe Rookie

Corrected

20. Roxnostalgia

Roxnostalgia Contributing Member

Why don't you create the petition? I'm sure coach would love to hear your feedback.