1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Houston Rockets Trade Ideas - 2013-14

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jul 27, 2013.

1. trueroxfan

trueroxfan Member

How much is left on that ridiculous $100 contract for Amare? Guess he wouldn't be a terrible backup option, he has flashes of his old self...That trade doesn't look half bad for us -- IF we have to get rid of Asik. I still would prefer 48 minutes of defense at the 5 if we can keep him happy.

I feel like Asik is worth more than Shumpert and an old raggedy Amare.

I like the idea of Carl Landry...could we get Chuck Hayes in the deal as well?! I'm dreaming here, but I would love Chuck back on this team...he would be a great bench veteran guy and most importantly we can use his defense again potential playoff opponents...we could face anyone from Dirk, Aldridge, Griffin, or many other star forwards and we all know Hayes can shut them down.

Without looking at salary info, maybe a Lin/Asik for Landry/Hayes + fillers on either side? I think that makes the Kings a legit team. Rudy Gay, Cousins, Jason Thompson, Isiah, Lin, and Asik? They have some nice youth too...Then again every year I expect the Kings to fight for the playoffs and they always let me down.

2. AirBud#10

AirBud#10 Member

Trade 1:

OUT: Jeremy Lin (8.3Mil) Robert Covington (0.5mil)

IN: Kyle Lowry (6.2Mil) Austin Daye (0.95Mil)

Trade 2:

OUT: Omer Asik (8.3Mil)

IN: Spencer Hawes (6.5Mil) + 2015 1st

Rotation

Kyle Lowry (24) / Patrick Beverley (24)
    James Harden (36) / Kyle Lowry (12)
    Chandler Parsons (36) / Omiri Casspi (12)
    Terrance Jones (32) / Spencer Hawes (16)
    Dwight Howard (36) / Spencer Hawes (12)

1 person likes this.
  3. AirBud#10

AirBud#10 Member

I'd love to get Chuck back too, but he's making over 5 million for the next two years, and I doubt Morey would want to have that much money tied up in a guy who will probably play less than 20MPG. (and just to let you know Chuck is on the Raptors now)

4. allaroundplayer

As far as teams that might want Jeremy Lin, I have thought there is hardly anybody if at all, but it seems like the Warriors are getting desperate to make a trade & Lin could help that team in my opinion.

3 team trade between Rockets, Warriors & Spurs:

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=ofuwxep

5. AirBud#10

AirBud#10 Member

Why would the Rockets or the Spurs do that?

6. JeffGreen

JeffGreen Member

Most intelligent Jeremy Lin fan I have seen
    <iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/GjfCIJluFP8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

7. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Why would anyone do most of the trades proposed in this thread!

8. allaroundplayer

I believe the Rockets have confidence that Brooks can play better than Lin at playoff time, so they won't hesitate to trade Lin. Igoudala is an all-star small forward & the Spurs have depth at 2-guard + PF & he fits in with their veterans.

9. sleepyazn

sleepyazn Member

Dude this trade makes the Warriors crazy good. Wtf bro.

10. allaroundplayer

That's the idea.

Trades that hypothetically don't make all the teams involved better DON'T HAPPEN.

11. rogower

rogower Member

The Rockets organization does not have confidence that Aaron Brooks can play betyer than Jeremy Lin at playoff yime, or at any time. No one thinks this, in fact.

Here is what will likely happen between now and the February trade deadline, which is now less than ten full days away:

1) Omer Asik gets auctioned off to the highest bidder, probably for either a) an expiring contract and a lottery-protected first round pick, b) an expiring contract and an undervalued young player viewed as a failed prospect (e.g., Bismack Biyombo), or c) a good, probably undervalued veteran whose contract expires at the end of the season and whose current team will not re-sign him (e.g., Trevor Ariza).

2) Donatas Motiejunas gets auctioned off to the highest bidder, probably for either a) a second round pick, b) an undervalued veteran role player (e.g., C.J. Miles, Lavoy Allen), or c) both.

These are smart moves, and will both make this team better right now AND improve the team's cap flexibility in anticipation of what may shape up to be an eventful summer.

The Asik trade may be a three-team deal. Teams that are likely interested in Asik: Phoenix, Charlotte, Oklahoma City, New Orleans, Dallas, Cleveland, Toronto. I have no idea who might be interested in Motiejunas.

It is extremely obvious that Houston has been auditioning Motiejunas in anticipation of a trade. Also obvious that Asik is getting playing time right now simply to demonstrate to other teams that he is healthy. Both of these dudes are goners.

I don't see anybody else getting traded, other than maybe Ronnie Brewer, as filler. If Brewer is not traded, he will get waived, so as to open up a roster spot. It will be interesting to see who fills it. Don't forget that Houston plucked Patrick Beverley seemingly out of nowhere last season.

12. rogower

rogower Member

Actually, I do see one possible Jeremy Lin trade, and it is very slick:

Jeremy Lin and filler (Ronnie Brewer) to Sacramento

Isaiah Thomas and Marcus Thornton to Houston

Sacramento's new ownership has been making some stupid trades, for big name guys, and they may stupidly believe that Lin is an upgrade over Thomas. Thomas is terrific, and is a great fit for Houston's system. Thornton wouldn't touch the floor. Thornton is on the books through the end of the 2014-15 (next) season. But then, so is Lin. Thomas will be a restricted free agent, and if he can be retained for something like four years, $32 mil, that will be a steal.

My guess is that Lin stays put, at least for now. Do not be surprised if Houston attempts to trade Lin to Sacramento for a signed-and-traded Thomas this offseason; this allows Houston to avoid that stupid Thornton contract, actually, which makes it a much better move than trading for Thomas now.

If Isaiah Thomas had been a lottery pick, rather than a second rounder, or if he played for a team like the Knicks rather than a team like the Kings, he would be perceived very differently. Advanced stats love this guy.

13. delalex

delalex Member

Lin and Asik for Rondo.

14. HighlightReel

HighlightReel Member

I am not a LOF, but if you guys look with fair eyes, Jeremy Lin has been doing a hack of a job scoring for the Rockets this season. He is the 4th or 5th most efficient pg at scoring in the entire league and his at rim % has been ridiculously high. His facilitatung skills is decent also. Now I just hope that he drives to the rim even more and plays better defense, but fans here are just too sensitive whenever Lin makes any mistakes.

Given this backup pg role, I really don't expect him to get traded because of his performance. no one currently in the second unit has a true shooting percentage that comes close to Jeremy's, Especially when the team is gelling, there is no way Morey is that dumb to just trade him away. Maybe for a substantial upgrade to the team, nothing less.

play Brooks or get isiah Thomas who both will score less than Jeremy given the same number of shots, worse facilitating and worse D. seriously?

15. ItalianRocket

ItalianRocket Member

Lol seriously which one of you LOF's is that.

16. Play07

Play07 Member

If Morley really ends up wanting to move asik I think if will be for flexibility which she speaks on often. So I could see humpries "expiring" + pick for asik.

17. DreamShakeFTW

DreamShakeFTW Member

I think it will end up being something pretty simple.

Brewer, Smith for Dunleavy

Sign Camby.

C - Howard, Asik, Camby
    PF - Jones, Motiejunas, Covington
    SF - Parsons, Casspi, Garcia
    SG - Harden, Dunleavy, Brooks
    PG - Beverly, Lin, Canaan

Solid team as long as Asik stays happy and plays hard and no long term money/cap issues.

18. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

That would be all right, but Smith and Brewer are unlikely to get the job done.

19. Play07

Play07 Member

Morey : say danny you guys still want asik ?
    Danny : of course morey, we really need him to build around him, rondo, sullinger & whoever I get in the upcoming draft.
    Morey : cool I will give you Asik & brewer for either
    Humpries *expiring* + Bradley *expiring*
    or bass + Bradley *expiring*
    Danny : yeah we can maybe do that
    Morey : well you know we had a issue over a 1st round pick last time, I still would like a 1st included but a 2nd may do it.

20. hooroo

hooroo Member

[​IMG]

Minnesota were interested in signing Nash as a free agent to mentor Rubio. If the Rockets are to collect assets for a Love trade they need a starting PF in there. Gibson could be that guy.

Lakers get under the tax and avoid all that jazz that's entwined with the tax.

Mirotic is rumored to be a done deal for the Bulls next season. So their line up could end up being:
    <table><tr><th>Rose</th><th>Hinrich</th><th></th><th></th><th></th></tr><tr><td>Snell</td><td>Meeks</td><td></td><td></td><td></td></tr><tr><td>Butler</td><td></td><td></td><td></td><td></td></tr><tr><td>Boozer</td><td>Mirotic</td><td></td><td></td><td></td></tr><tr><td>Noah</td><td>Asik</td><td></td><td></td><td></td></tr></table>