1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Benching of James Harden by the Coach Kevin McHale

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Nov 5, 2013.

1. HTown_DieHard

HTown_DieHard Member

hahaha I got it... Cracked me up too! :grin:

2. Hrock

Hrock Rookie

Maybe it will happen again Wednesday...give the beard some more rest.

[​IMG]

3. jamphus

jamphus Member

Counting in 8 free-throw,
    that would look like 4 of 18.

:(

4. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

He played 32 minutes, hardly a benching. He went out with 1 minute left in the 3rd quarter and about time he was to return the Rockets where up by 15. McHale looked over at Harden and Harden looked fine. At the end of the game Harden was cheering more than anyone for the guys on the floor.

32 minutes in 3 quarters and he played well for the most part and when the team took over with a 15 point lead McHale decided to let them roll with it and Harden was good with that. Compare that to the game you created this thread on, and Harden played and shot pathetic. He looked drunk and disoriented on the court and McHale looked annoyed with him and yanked him. Nothing alike and only someone like you could not see that.

I don't get you Van Gundier. Do you even watch the games? It seems when you fall in love with someone you feel the need to fabricate synthesized feces to validate your unrequitted love. The question is why. Most on here agree that McHale is doing a good job as of late. Those that do not will probably not change. Do you actually think your line of BS is going to change someones opinion.

5. Doppleganger

Doppleganger Rookie

Harden wasn't benched for poor performance. Most of his minutes were continuous, so he was taken out for a rest. Lin & co were doing well in the 4th and the lead was maintained, so McHale just stuck with them.

6. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

I LOL'd.

7. thesonofsam

thesonofsam Member

This whole thread. UGH.

8. CasaDolce

CasaDolce Rookie

I'm waiting to hear what Zames Harden has to say... ;)

And no, guys, the Beard was not benched. He played 32+ mins and we had the game under control.

9. rayrocket

rayrocket Member

Harden played really bad in 3rd.

10. Rocketboi

Rocketboi Member

I think Mchale is getting better at coaching. isn't afraid to bench guys anymore, looks like they must be clicking in the locker room. Parsons has been benched, so has lin, Maybe we might even see dwight later on if Omer sticks around.

His coaching has improved since the team has actually spent time with each other. hopefully in the next two months they can gel even more. im so happy

11. jamescar

jamescar Member

Everyone played bad at the end of the 3rd. Harden was no worse than anyone else.

12. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

lol, good post.

You've been studying the art of LOF conspiracy theories.

1 person likes this.
  13. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Harden should stay on the bench and give his abilities to Omri. Then Kevin McHale would have all the tools he needs to beat the Wizards. And to all those people claiming that Harden was cheering for his teammates, shame on you. Harden is a selfish Euro-trash-stepper with a great shot and vision, but he only uses his powers for evil. His jumping up on the sidelines and "cheering"?? Really? That was a tantrum. He wanted back in. That smile. That was showing his teeth while he was growling.

Really and truly, putting Harden to sleep is the only answer for this problem. What a dunce...

1 person likes this.
  14. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

But James Harden is no Royce White:

[​IMG]

15. apollo33

apollo33 Member

And I invented the game of basketball

16. Clarinetmonster

McHale has mentioned a few times how much he likes BevLin - I think he just wanted to keep both guys out there down the stretch. Sometimes he keeps them both in with Harden at the end of games, with TJ sitting. Probably just matchup dependent/sticking with what's working.

17. delalex

delalex Member

I don't think Harden was benched,McHale did a right thing to win the game.

18. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Hahaha.... :grin:

Rep'd. That make laugh so hard I almost farted.

1 person likes this.
  19. Zergling

Zergling Member

[​IMG]

Pretty obvious McHale benched Harden because he was being creepy as usual and not paying attention!

20. Gimmmethemike

Gimmmethemike Member

Harden is so immature in this clip. He needs to grow up and become a real leader. Lead by example instead of joking around when Coach is speaking.