1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] The numbers are clear: Patrick Beverley deserves to start over Jeremy Lin

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 21, 2014.

1. tkrieger

tkrieger Member

Lin and Bevs have become my two favorite Rox players..... The fact the Bevs starting Lin 6th man formula seems to be working, I think it has become pointless to question it. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

2. Crunchyball

Crunchyball Rookie

Hahaha lin had a good game, let's flame him anyway, cause we are bored

3. rocketblood713

who is flaming him ..lol :confused:

4. Crunchyball

Crunchyball Rookie

Dang no lof flaming party? Wake me up when it happens

5. fxbillie

fxbillie Member

So are you suggesting this thread is a witch hunt on Lin fans? Who is a LOF anyway? This is such a darn stereotype of people joining this site to cheer for the Rockets, many of them can love and support multiple players. My interest with the team started with the Dream during his Phi Slama Jama days and then with the Glide joining the team after Portland. Then the Yao & McGrady era got my real interest too. So just because some one is a fan of Lin doesn't mean he is not a fan of the team or the other players. LOF is really a name too easily crowned on anyone who tries to defend Lin from biased criticism. I don't know about others here. I have started post to suggest we should let Harden be the official PG or that DMo should deserve more playing time. I even suggested we should get Jimmer Fredette as a sniper to complement Harden & Howard. Yet for some mysterious reason, I am banned from starting new thread. Is censorship so harsh on this site against LOF that there is an active witch hunt against any one who dares to prop up Lin once a while? I am out of words.

6. iSentient

iSentient New Member

In an ideal team, the 5 starters would be the best players for their position with a head coach who could figure out how to get them to play well together.

In our case, the coaching staff has been unable to get the 5 best players (and I'm including Lin) to play well together.

So this creates a greater need for a glue guy. I can completely see why McHale chose Bev to start. Not every coach is a Pops. The reality is it's probably too difficult to get Lin, Howard, Jones, Harden, and Parsons to play like a well oiled machine.

So why not get Bev for his hustle to start over Lin? Hustle is what's needed to mask or cover up the cracks in the system.

PB is like duct tape -- not a pretty fix but indispensable when underlying problems can't be fixed easily.

7. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Just take 3 minutes and read some of the comments in this link:

http://www.jeremylin.net/2014/02/game-51-rockets-bucks-post-game-thread_8.html

These people are insane. To think that they are unique to that site and don't find their way here is naive.

The reality is that if the mods don't take pre-emptive action against this, this board will become complete and utter trash. A cess pool of Lin groupie morons. I am sorry if you were a victim of this, but in the grand scheme of things, it is better this way.

8. cml750

cml750 Member

Personally, I find LOF's and LOH's equally annoying. Why do people feel the need to debate every pro-Lin and anti-Lin post. Just let people have their say. If you don't agree with them then just ignore them. Personally, I am a ROF (Rockets only fan). I am happy when the Rockets play good and win. Jeremy Lin happens to be a member of the team so I support him and root for him to play well along with every other player. If people would just ignore post by people who mainly root for one player and not make it a major debate, these threads would be much more enjoyable.

1 person likes this.
  9. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

i think what has been proven lately is..............it doesn't matter who starts, both are playing well and still get good minutes. I like when they play together on the court as well

10. Toonrox

Toonrox Member

This. And i will include those "rocket fans" who can never give Lin any credit just because they don't like him / his fans.

/thread

11. Richard Djunk

Richard Djunk Member

Lol, didn't know you knew. I root for the Spurs. I'm a big fan of Lin and root for his individual success, but when Rockets play them, while I'm happy if he has a good game, I want the Spurs to win.

12. Play07

Play07 Member

Bev & Lin should've been out there together finishing that game in the 4th last night.

13. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

You are such an obvious troll.

14. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Boooooooooo lol. But fair enough. ;)

15. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Holy crap. I have seen a few posts from there posted in a thread in here before, but I had never actually gone to the site and read a few pages of comments.

That was interesting to say the least. I won't be subjecting myself to that again.

16. Stats

Stats Member

I'm not sure if that's a reasonable argument to make. You should pull some quotes from this site. Pulling quotes from another site to justify heavy moderation on this site is a bit farfetched.

You are also using the same argument as the NSA. I think it's fair to moderate against trolling, but it's absurd to moderate against opinion. Moreover, I think while there are strong differences in opinion on this board, especially regarding Lin, only a very few people actually deliberately troll and those are not just exclusive to LOFs.

Jeremylin.net is a cess pool of crazy Lin fans. Do you really want everyone on clutchfans to have the same opinion as you? Isn't that boring as well?

17. tkrieger

tkrieger Member

I visited that site once.... Even as a Lin fan, it was hard to take.... I don't know how many of the posters there are actual Lin fans and how many are trolls to make Lin fans appear to be "Lin's great but F the Rox/Beverley/Harden/McHale" dolts.

18. Crunchyball

Crunchyball Rookie

Lol that's the best anti troll.

19. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Just an awful pointless thread that is not even debatable given the dynamics of why Lin is really coming off the bench. Why not lock this thread?

20. Hibrido

Hibrido Member

Why would you even go there? Are you an idiot? Maybe you like punishment and going to that website is your version of self flagellation.

Don't assume the crazies at one site will migrate here en masse just because in your "mind" you think they are.

Look here everyone! LarsV8 wants to lock up the borders and protect your wife and children from the dirty Lin fans who will devalue the righteous opinions of pre 2012's.....