1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Bucks 2/8/2014

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Feb 7, 2014.

1. xrym

xrym Member

2. xrym

xrym Member

Only if Harden can pick up his defence, we can be a real elite team.

3. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Dmo looking better and better, even on D.

DD

4. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

He is definitely looking better, and McHale is trusting him with more minutes. But he only had one rebound in 25 minutes. How is that even possible for a seven footer?

5. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

This. Partly.

The other half is keeping Lin or Harden on the court 48 minutes for offense.

6. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

Couldn't catch the game, glad we got a win, as if we had lost to the Bucks, my birthday (today) would've been pretty ****ty. :)

How was asik??

7. Houstunna

Supporting Member

Mostly his usual, just got winded quickly.

8. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/tscvyOcT6MQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Are you kiddin me??!!! That's your point guard!!!!:grin:

9. nobie

nobie Member

he did lots of ball tips for teammates and hustled for the ball(from last game 2times he hustled on the ground, both times we got the ball),then few times he maybe sure ball goes outside and we got the ball. You dont see that on stats, did McHale talking about this (When he mentioned good Dmo play) few games ago?

10. Rox>Mavs

Rox>Mavs Contributing Member

I will say it's good to see him face the media. I'd feel better about his leadership and sense of accountability if he acknowledged and took responsibility for mental lapses on defense, poor judgment on shooting the ball, etc. I heard him take responsibilty for not taking car of the ball and having 5 TOs, but that's it.

I have to keep reminding myself he's still really young and has yet to learn some of these things. I'd just feel a whole lot better if I knew he was indeed learning from these mistakes and actually saw them as mistakes.

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad for the W. I just think for us to be a championship team he'll have to grow in these areas.

11. steady

steady Member

Bev was terrific last night, especially in first half. He was the catalyst.

This play was great; there was also that one where he just reached in and wrested a ball from one of the Bucks. That was also pretty great.

12. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Another waste of space. Welcome to my ignore list.

13. Doppleganger

Doppleganger Rookie

Despite being moved to 6th man, Lin still shares a considerable amount of court time with Harden. There needs to be more Lin PnR, especially with Dwight. It's more effective than many low percentage Harden ISOs, but still greatly underused since he's not the primary ball handler. Asik returning to the lineup helps Lin & the second unit a lot, because he's more willing to set screens than anyone else (except maybe DMo).

14. Houstunna

Supporting Member

Lin might be our best passer. Him and Dwight should be PnR heaven. Asik transforms our bench to probably top 5. His rebounding alone improves both sides of the court. Won't expect James to play solid D the entire game, but he shot 1-9 3pts last night. His 3 has been off the entire season, maybe the tide will turn where he goes off 50% for 2 weeks. Rockets are solid and future looks bright.

15. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

No. Bev is in the starting line up because it makes the Rockets better.

1 person likes this.
  16. Doppleganger

Doppleganger Rookie

...by making up for Harden's lazy defensive arse

17. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Have I been missing all the times Bev is taking Hardens defensive responsibilities?

If anyone is making up for Hardens supposed every game all the time lazy defense it's generally Parsons who switches on to the opposing SG and Harden who takes the opposing SF.

I'd say Lin off the bench as it relates to Harden has much, much more to do with offensive overlap.

18. LoLin

LoLin Member

They also need to work on having a plan B in crunch time if the 1-2 PnR got blown up.

19. JJHardLin

JJHardLin Member

lol i just noticed

bev= poor mans bledsoe (in your face defense, highlight blocks)

lin= poor mans westbrook (penetration, questionable decision making at times)

20. guanwangzhe

guanwangzhe Member