1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Asik takes part in shootaround. McHale expects him back in 7-10 days

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Spooner, Feb 5, 2014.

1. rocketblood713

Lets see where his heart is at when he starts playing with the team

2. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

He buried his heart at wounded knee.

1 person likes this.
  3. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Ate too big a lunch, need to go take an Asik.

#43 REEKO_HTOWN, Feb 6, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2014
  4. NotChandlerParsons

Honestly he never had any conditioning to begin with so it's not like he has a lot of lost ground to regain here.

5. Deniz

Deniz Member

AdamWexlerCSN ‏@awexler 23 Min.

Omer Asik: "I'm not worried about any other stuff (rumors, doubt about injury). Trainers can tell you it's real. I just want to do my best."

6. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Was it from wounded due to an arrow?

7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

8. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Just in time to get some action before trade deadline.

Scrub.

9. dragician

dragician Member

10. dragician

dragician Member

Goodbye Jones & DMo.

11. Voice of Aus

Voice of Aus Contributing Member

@JasonCFriedman: Omer Asik returns to practice, taking next step toward return from injury that has forced him to miss last 31 games: http://t.co/vcRlEjNju0

one step closer

HOUSTON - Omer Asik returned to the Rockets’ practice floor Thursday afternoon, taking the next step toward his eventual return to game action.

Today’s workout marked the first time Asik has been able to participate in full contact drills since sustaining a thigh injury in early December that produced persistent swelling above his knee. The ailment has caused the 27-year-old center to miss Houston’s last 31 games, but his presence and performance in today’s practice produced hope that a return to game action could be on the horizon, provided there are no setbacks.

“I felt really good to be back on the court and to be back with the team” Asik said following today’s workout. “It’s close to 100 percent. I feel much better. Hopefully I’ll get a little more practice and get back on the court.

“It’s just day-to-day. Hopefully I’ll have full practice tomorrow and if I feel good, I’ll go from there.”

Neither Asik nor Houston head coach Kevin McHale would specify a date for when the fourth-year forward would be ready to receive playing time in an actual game. Instead, both pointed toward the next step: making sure the Turkish national is able to fully take part in Friday’s practice which is expected to be more intense than was today’s relatively light workout. Assuming Asik is able to make it through that session in good shape, McHale said he expects the big man will find himself in a game “sooner than later.”

Not surprisingly, his teammates are looking forward to that moment.

“It’s going to help our team out a lot,” said James Harden. “He was our starting center last year, he was top-3 in rebounding and defensively he’s one of the best bigs out there.

“He’s very good. People forget about how good he is just because he’s been out but once he gets back he’s going to help our team get to another level.”

12. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  13. Hilarious

Hilarious Member

I really wonder how many of those insulting and making fun would eat their crows IF his injury is real..i sure will eat mine if he is traded at the deadline but i guess none of those keyboard warriors will :p (scrub? lmao)

14. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Do you Omer hating conspiracists even have knees?

15. redhotrox

redhotrox Contributing Member

<iframe src="http://player.theplatform.com/p/zT2_HC/iEazkwCwmKPM/embed/select/Y3sAwu57Si1U?params=zone%3Dcsnvideo&autoPlay=false" width="480" height="270" frameborder="0" seamless="seamless" allowfullscreen>Your browser does not support iframes.</iframe>

16. ipa

ipa Member

Thought he does not speak! Wow! He's not mute! This is unbelievable! Unspeakable!

17. wil55n

wil55n Member

Hated Omer over the last few months. Now I think I have been unfair. I love Omer.

18. BONIERO1576

BONIERO1576 Member

He was really hurt. Even in January he was having his knee drained almost daily. If you guys think he's being traded, even after Murray has said several times that he expects him to be here, you're fooling yourself.

19. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Haha... you misspelled his name. It is Assik.

* credit to Raven

20. rockets89

rockets89 Member

about time