1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Feigen expects Rockets to make a trade

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Feb 4, 2014.

1. benvolio

benvolio Member

If TJ and DMo continue to play as they have in January, the 2-3 swing-man (3D) player would have the most impact IMO.

2. Oracle

Oracle Member

First, if it's not broken, don't fix it. I'm sure Morey knows it too.

Second, I don't think that trading Casspi or Garcia is wise, because they play on vets min salary that does not make a cap hit. They provide more flexibility to Morey than anything that can be had for them. If Asik comes back, the second unit Asik-DMo-Casspi-Garcia-Lin will be one of the best in the NBA. If Asik does not come back, he needs to be replaced with a big man. I would prefer Varejao or Hawes.

3. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

I'd be willing to flip Asik for a bag of cool ranch Doritos and the roster spot... who am I kidding... the nacho cheese flavor would do jus fine... get this crybaby dead weight off the roster already... it's like Royce White part 2 - without the entertaining twitter comments.... #poormillionaire

4. HighlightReel

HighlightReel Member

the truth is asik is still by far the best rim protector backing up Howard and impacts the game more than overrated centers like hawes. unless for a star,. varejao is probably the only back up C/Pf I can understand Morey would trade Asik for... or perhaps an impact sf/SG like Thaddeus young.

5. hooroo

hooroo Member

He's been injured. When healthy he's the third best player on this team.

6. HighlightReel

HighlightReel Member

do you guys think motiejunas and Brewer for dunleavy is realistic? the bulls can add talent while the rockets get a solid veteran on a 2 year friendly contract to back up harden and Parsons.

do you think Morey is willing to part with motiejunas? I think dmo can still be a starter in the league in 2 years and do well offensively.

7. Progs

Progs Member

DMo for Affalo...

8. cfansnet

cfansnet Member

Actually from what we've heard, there are teams that want both of them. But the issue is Morey's asking price is way too high, two first round picks? Yeah right :eek:

I wonder what kind of donut?

9. ryebread

ryebread Member

hilarious. the magic would never make this trade.

10. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

This is why I insist we consider a straight up swap of Asik-for-Garnett as a last resort. The Nets are one of the few teams with both a need a center -AND- have an owner that probably doesn't care about paying the balloon payment next year.

The status quo is unacceptable. Yeah, it's good to hear Asik is getting "closer" to a return, but I still have my doubts. Between this mysterious injury and his long desire to be traded, I just get the vibe that this whole relationship is forced and he'll probably never fully embrace his role on this team as a reserve.

KG is getting better as the season progresses. He's shooting 57-58% from the field in 2014 and the Nets are -7 defensively with him off of the court. For some perspective: that's better defensive +/- margins than Dwight, Ibaka and Hibbert. He was also top 20 in defensive win shares last year (and averaged 13-14 in the playoffs). Simply stated: his days of playing meaningful basketball are far from over and he has a contract that won't interfere with our potential 2015 plans. If Asik is never going to play or continue to sulk and be unhappy, this could be a worthwhile move to consider. At least, in lieu of something better.

11. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

I would do Asik+Motiejunas+Brooks (he could play there) for KG and Teletova.

Howard/KG
    Jones/Teletova
    Parsons/Casspi/Teletova
    Harden/Garcia
    Bev/Lin

12. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

^^^

Brooks can not be traded without his consent. He took a lower deal to stay in Houston.

DD

13. team5

team5 Member

Garcia will be gone. My prediction.

14. team5

team5 Member

Brooks is an insurance policy. Why trade him for another insurance policy?

15. calcium

calcium Member

Doesnt he have a no trade clause thingy in his contract?

I remember reading something of the sort.

16. meh

meh Contributing Member

Correct. Neither Brooks nor Garcia can be traded without their permission. Which they're very unlikely to give unless we trade them to the Heat or something.

The Rockets are VERY limited in their ability to match salaries due to the <150% salary difference rule. They have two players making $8.3mil, and a bunch of guys making near or at minimum. The Rockets have to limit themselves to very cheap guys like Dunleavy or put Asik or Lin in a package. Both of whom seems to have very little value right now.

17. HTown5933

HTown5933 Member

For what it's worth, guys... Doc Rocket basically says same thing Feigen said to me when I asked if he had a feeling about deadline (told him kid on here feels Asik/Lin for Rondo package 70% done)... that a wing defender/shooter "has preference"...

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en data-scribe-reduced-action-queue="><p><a href="https://twitter.com/don_dougan">@don_dougan</a> ....honestly, not sure Don. I think the Rondo thing has heat, but how much? Wing defender/shooter has preference, I hear.</p>&mdash; Doc Rocket (@Thedocrocket) <a href="https://twitter.com/Thedocrocket/statuses/431646013300826112">February 7, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

18. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Francisco Garcia for Steph Curry

19. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Asik and Lin to Boston? We'd have to relieve Boston of Gerald Wallace. That'd take care of defense. Shooting? Meh.

20. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

So the Rondo BS is trying to come back alive? Is it because Howard has been doing so well in "Hack-a-Howard" FT shooting that we want to give teams another guy to put at the line instead?