1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Zoran Dragic: Goran Dragic not an Allstar because he is not Chinese

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Carl Herrera, Feb 4, 2014.

1. tzou88

tzou88 Member

Urgle? Me confused.

2. nickb492

nickb492 Contributing Member

What are you people talking about? He is talking about population. You know how I know that? The sentence right after the first one.

3. Neped

Neped Member

He's going.

4. CasaDolce

CasaDolce Rookie

Last time I checked Jeremy Lin is not Chinese either lol...

Goran IS good. Just not better than Kobe, Curry, Harden, CP3, Lillard...

Don't be mean :mad:.

Just saw Goran's interview on NBATV. He's cool and not bitter. So we're all good :).

5. kastuul

kastuul Member

Dragic's FG is 1/6 in the half time Bulls VS PHX.....

6. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Dragic uses Dynex that was made in China.

7. oldgunrules

oldgunrules Member

He should've said because he is not black. Oh wait:rolleyes:

8. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

Zeremy Lin falls in faint.

9. Ekiu

Ekiu Member

"Slovenia is a country of 2 million"... hence the reference in comparison to the world's most populous country.
    but i don't think he knows how the the reserves get selected

10. YallMean

YallMean Member

But that can be said for ... at least 10 other players not voted or selected. Logically, this doesn't make sense. I may see his point if Lin were voted in, but he is not. So what is the point to bring China up? That he is brother is not good enough and need a big country to carry him. What he should have said is that Goran is good, and all star is just an popularity contest.

11. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Sure, you could put it that way.

What he said isn't really wrong, even though it could apply to several other players. He is just saying that in support of his brother, and I highly doubt he looked thoroughly at all the snubbed candidates to determine the logical soundness of his claims. He was just saying that had his country had more people, like China, then Dragic would probably have gotten in since his countrymen would be voting for him.

It's a harmless statement, I doubt he was targeting Lin or taking a shot at Chinese players.

12. Ender120

Ender120 Contributing Member

I'll reserve judgment until George Ming weighs in.

13. 95Rockets

95Rockets Member

I am close to positive that Goran's home country doesn't care all that much about basketball. Whether it is 2 million or 1.5 BILLION.

The world cup of football (soccer) is coming this summer and any sliver of success their national team gets will eclipse Goran's all star (or non all star) season in a sport non even #1 popular in the US.

PS: does Slovakia even have a national football (soccer) team? If they did I wouldn't know if they qualified for this world cup lol.

14. Panda23

Panda23 Member

[​IMG]

LOL he just mad he got a ****tier tv than goran

15. hooroo

hooroo Member

Replies so are far too oversensitive and have taken his comment out of context.

16. Alugeris

Alugeris Member

1st, it's Slovenia, not Slovakia.
    Basketball is quite popular back there, though it succumbs to football, but you could say that Slovenia is one of the basketball-crazy european countries.
    2nd, ofcourse they have a national football team, every country in the world does.. Though it's tough to qualify for world cup if you are from Europe.

17. hltiki

hltiki Member

doesn't matter what nationality you are, the chance of making it in the NBA and the all-stars is ostensibly and statistically higher if you're black.....

would you look at that, numbers don't lie; or in CF terms, the numbers are clear.

18. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I can't argue with him. Lin did better than Harden on voting despite playing as 6th man and having some decent but not terribly spectacular stats. If Lin had the season Dragic's been having, coupled with his current ASG popularity, he'd have a chance at the starter spot.

But Dragic shouldn't be too bummed. He might make it as an injury replacement, and that'd be about the right spot for him. He didn't deserve getting in ahead of any of the guards that are there. If he keeps this up though, he'll get into a future ASG.

19. CCorn

CCorn Member

Goran should have brought more than one modem back to the homeland last time he went back.

20. mr_gootan

mr_gootan Member

[​IMG] Zoran voting...