1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The success of the Suns: *Indisputable Statistical Proof* of Morey's Incompetence

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by JCDenton, Feb 3, 2014.

1. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

5 star thread. Would read again.

FTW Rockets FTW's Official Grade: F-

1 person likes this.
  2. Nook

Nook Member

Lets really break this down:

Gerald Green
    He was a Rocket 6 years ago!
    Second, he was OUT OF THE NBA for 2 years and has player for 7 teams in 8 years!! So, did Indiana also screw up? To some how say that Morey screwed up on Green is just ignorant. Last, Green signed a 2 year 7 million dollar

Goran Dragic
    First, what makes you so confident that Dragic preferred the Rockets to the Suns?
    Second, signing Dragic would have made the Dwight Howard deal harder. Also, as it is, Dragic has complete unfettered reign to do what he wants on the Suns. He operates as a PG and SG and dictates their offense. There is no doubt he is good, but he would not be putting up similar numbers in Houston. Also, he will be a FA in 2015 (he is opting out) and if the Rockets really want him, they can make a huge offer then.

Marcus MorrisHe had to be dealt to get Howard. There is nothing to debate.

Conclusion
    Daryl Morey is a poker player. He prepares a great deal, he tries to gather as much information as possible and uses logic when he makes decisions. He plays the odds. That does not mean he doesn't make mistakes. Nothing is fool proof, and when you have so many trades and players come through, you will have regrets. There is not a single team that hasn't made mistakes... Jerry West, Greg Popovich and Red Auerbach all make mistakes.

3. Darrinlane

Darrinlane Member

F-
    This is so horrid. I have been here longer than most. I was here in the 90s long ago when it was cluthcity.com before Clutch had to change the site the first time. I normally just lurk but this thread is absolutely pathetic. I'm not even going to explain why....because it is obvious......

4. wjm911

wjm911 New Member

oh dear

This thread is a farce. OP never defended his statements. We've been trolled. Lol Acting like the Suns wouldn't flip for the Rockets roster. Silly

5. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

The real question: who the f...is JC Denton???

6. dragician

dragician Member

I'm a big fan of Dragic but you grade on Jeremy is grade -WTF.

7. nobie

nobie Member

Kevin McHale

8. blade andrews

blade andrews Member

I suppose OP wished our roster looked like the Suns' roster. Yes, that would be a definite upgrade- reverting back to almost a mirror-image of where we were just three years ago. The mere fact that the Rockets are better than the Suns disproves your lazy, spurious point. Your stupidity is staggering.

9. SirKen

SirKen Member

Morey made some bets to get 2 stars and he got his 2 stars.

Also, can't speak for Garcia but given the chance DMo, Lin and Casspi can put up similar numbers if they played in a better system.

I think you are asking the wrong questions.

10. BonziWellsGOAT

*Obligatory, so did you comment*

11. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Didn't someone say coaches don't make a difference though.

12. awc713

awc713 Member

uhhh theyre success has alot to do with this guy named eric bledsoe and their fantastic coach

13. BonziWellsGOAT

Youve given me an idea for a YELP for threads!!!

[​IMG]

*Patent Pending*

14. Grigori

Grigori Member

Hey! Take back what you said about D-Mo!

15. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

Time to add JCDenton to my ignore list. God awful post.

16. AvgJoe

AvgJoe Contributing Member

Last time I checked, we are a better team than the Suns. If they are successful, we are more successful, thanks to Morey

1 person likes this.
  17. thesonofsam

thesonofsam Member

15 games over .500 and in prime playoff position but people still have to complain about Morey. Pretty hilarious.

18. CertifiedTroll

Multiple sources using advanced statistical analysis told me JCDenton is actually Thomas Robinson.

19. Solaris

Solaris Member

:eek:OP's numbers are clear, so he must be right! kudos for your findings.

20. Fighton

Fighton Member

we won't know whether it was the right decision to deny dragic that 4th year option until we see what morey does with the financial flexibility in the 2015 free agency market.

and for the record, morey didn't drop dragic in order to pursue lin. lin was a restricted free agent that ny had said they would match any offer, and was planning on matching the initial offer that was leaked to the press. when les threw a curveball and restructured the offer to include a $15mil last year payment, that pissed off dolan badly and here we are. morey himself has said that he thought there was a 90% chance that ny would match. meaning there was a 90% chance that toney douglas or ramon sessions would've been the pg on last year's team, and i'm willing to say that we probably would've missed the playoffs with those two as pg.

they dropped dragic because they wanted to retain their financial flexibility for free agent market 2015 - and all this was before we were gifted harden and got dwight. 2015 has always been the target that morey was setting himself up for.