1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Manning vs. Brady

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by apcgamb24, Jan 14, 2014.

Tags:
?

Who would you rather have?

1. Manning

41 vote(s)
    41.4%
  2. Brady

58 vote(s)
    58.6%
  1. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

Yeah, it really was.

Also. This year is a great example of Manning vs. Brady in terms of how they affect their teammates and vice versa.

Over the first 2 months of the season, Brady was average at best. He lacked chemistry with his new receivers, and the best talent was mostly sitting on the bench behind guys who shouldn't have been starting.

When Manning got into Denver last year, that didn't happen. He showed up and started kicking ass and taking names immediately. There was no chemistry dropoff. He put in the work and got the offense humming almost instantaneously.

I think they both make their teammates better, obviously, but to me it's no question that Manning means more to his team than Brady does to his. Belichick and company are masterful coaches. John Fox, Jim Caldwell, Jim Mora, and Tony Dungy couldn't hold their jocks with a wheelbarrow.

Brady executes that offense, Peyton Manning *is* the offense.

2. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Agreed. And Manning did all of those things despite a blow to his arm strength (which did show against Atlanta last year, but he figured it all out, recalculated his game in a week). I honestly think a team would be fine if they had Manning and no OC. I'm serious.

I can picture Manning checking to runs all day, like he's done in the past. No way can I see Brady letting Blount/Ridley go off or decide to focus on 2 tight ends and Welker instead of traditional outside receivers.

He's so good at figuring out ways to put his offense in the best possible situation regardless of the obstacles. It almost makes you think he could play til he's 50 if he wanted to. Put him in a wheelchair and he'll still figure out a way to be a top 25 QB.

3. J.R.

J.R. Member

4. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

He wasn't ahead of Brady before the game, and he certainly isn't ahead of him now.

5. FearTheBeardJH

Manning is easily better, it's not even close.

Brady won 3 rings as a game manager and became elite QB after that so rings argument is dumb. It's like Kobe winning 3 with Shaq and not winning 2 on his own.

6. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

Insert Tom Brady into this offense with these players, and I guarantee you that this game wouldve still be going...Tom Brady career was much better than Manning in a grand scheme.

Manning had a great season, and its really remarkable the way he has come back from neck surgery. It was an honor to see him destroy the Texans every Sunday as a Colt, but it does suck when your younger brother goes 2 for 2 in the superbowl and you go 1-3...

7. UtilityPlayer

UtilityPlayer Member

Manning is 1-2 in SB's .

8. UtilityPlayer

UtilityPlayer Member

Sorry I meant record wise 1-2 .

9. apcgamb24

apcgamb24 Member

The one time Manning won a SB he threw for 3 TD and 7 INT in the playoffs. Then he lost two super bowls just like Brady...

10. cardpire

cardpire Member

There's not a QB in NFL history that would have won in Manning's stead as Broncos QB today. The game could have been closer if it weren't for Manning's INT's, but nobody was beating Seattle today.

Peyton is fortunate that he's retiring with 1 (at least) though. I still think it's weird that people care if he wins more than 1. 1 is what's most important. I can't imagine the guff he'd get if he never got 1.

11. Juxtaposed Jolt

[​IMG]

12. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

this.

13. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

:) still going...

but in all seriousness...Brady in this offense wouldve kept this game close...Brady would actually fight back...

14. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

i know...i meant to write 1 out of 3 chances...

15. Mr. Space City

brady > manning but brady would have got that work as well with the same team.

16. Keyser Soze

Keyser Soze Member

Brady played with scotch tape and band aids as his weapons this year. Hell, Edelman ended up as a top 5 receiver and he started off playing limited minutes. You put Brady on this Broncos team, with those weapons/Oline and see what happens. Easy

1 person likes this.
  17. TheChosenOne

TheChosenOne Contributing Member

Thing is Brady hasn't won it in 9 years, that's a **** load of time without a ring.

18. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Peyton has been ringless for 8 years so what's your point?

Since 2007:

Peyton
    2 Super Bowl appearances and 2 losses
    2 Wild Card Playoff losses
    2 Divisional Playoff losses

Brady
    2 Super Bowl appearances and 2 losses
    2 Conference championship losses
    1 Wild Card Playoff loss
    2 Divisional Playoff losses

Aside from amassing record breaking numbers, there hasn't been much difference between the two QBs since either one of them won a SB.

Manning since the start of 2007

27378 yards passing
    216 TDs
    80 INTs

Brady since the start of 2007
    27585 yards passing
    212 TDs
    56 INTs

Keep in mind this time frame from 2007 and now includes the years that BOTH QBs missed significant time due to injuries.

19. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Ravens tore up Brady last year man. It's a team sport. You had the 49'ers and Ravens in the title game last year. Denver got great defensive performances throughout the playoffs. I haven't seen a QB do everything on their own in the post season in awhile now. It's actually pretty damn rare.

20. Brando2101

Brando2101 Contributing Member

Brady just became the all-time Touchdown leader in the playoffs. Peyton is the all-time leader of touchdowns in the regular season. That should tell you all you need to know.

The only active player who has a shot to break it is Joe Flaco.
    http://www.pro-football-reference.com/leaders/pass_td_career_playoffs.htm

If the Ravens turn into a perennial conference champion over the next 10 years Flaco has a shot but it isn't likely.

You won't see this record broken for another 15 years at least. Nice capper to a great career. Hope he can get one more ring and get the bad taste of the last two superbowls out of his mouth.