1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

If you were Morey: Sell High on Jeremy Lin?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by willwmc, Feb 2, 2014.

?

If you were Morey: Sell High on Jeremy Lin?

1. Yes, Sell

267 vote(s)
    59.1%
  2. No, Keep through out contract

185 vote(s)
    40.9%
  1. finsraider

finsraider Member

Not so cleverly disguised troll thread, but the masses seem to be falling for it. Congrats.

2. jms99

jms99 Member

Letting Lin go the FIRST TIME was absolutely a mistake.

3. New Generation

The team is finally getting its chemistry. You can clearly see it in the game and the way everyone plays. It's taken 50 games to get where we are, and now we want to break it apart cause one player is finally playing well? I honestly think our team is close to 2nd round finisher right now. Instead of removing players that are actually useful to our rotation, why not focus on moving pieces that don't contribute in the main rotation (Asik, etc.). Unless we're about to land a big time PF or PG, I don't see any reason to move Lin.

4. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Harden was a superstar with OKC before he came to Houston. If you didn't know that, it's simply because you didn't see him play enough.

17/4/4 off the bench as the most efficient scorer in the league, and as the 'closer' for OKC in a lot of games.

Very different story.

5. jms99

jms99 Member

I still don't think Harden is superstar.

6. Play07

Play07 Member

50%
    all depends on ASIK if you can get him to buy in then all we are missing is one solid 3 to come off the bench in a 8man playoff rotation. We have picks & other players that should be able to get us that in a trade. Dunleavy would be the idea target.

50%
    But if we can get solid "expiring contracts" that can help us WIN now something like "hawes & turner" for asik & Lin then I say you do it. Because I would be upset if pacers beat heat & heat break up and we passed up on cap room to make a play for bosh/lebron if one of them walk this summer. Even if we can't get one of them it just gives us chance to regroup over the summer and be more flexible.

7. tomato123

tomato123 Rookie

sell him and get a 3rd star.

8. hubeijames

hubeijames Member

You aren't going to sell Jeremy Lin high no matter how well he plays between now and the trade deadline. GMs value him even less than they do Asik, and if we haven't been able to get a reasonable offer for Asik, we certainly aren't going to be getting one for Lin.

9. cn0gd

cn0gd Member

so by this standard every sixthman of the year is a superstar. JR Smith?:rolleyes:

10. RockingRox

RockingRox Member

The Rockets need a starting point guard.

11. Clarinetmonster

You forgot the all important 'most efficient scorer in the league' part.

12. TheMystery008

TheMystery008 Member

The biggest problem in Clutch Fans is the way they want to trade people so much.

Let's be honest here, we've been so use to Daryl Morey turning the team over to a new one that we want to trade people like their assets.

We already have the pieces of the puzzle.

All they have to do is fit, you don't mess with the team chemistry.

You let them grow and gain more experience together.

Stop trying to turn the team over too much.

Sometimes, its not always good.

Learn to be patient and see the outcome later.

Until then, keep the pieces together and grow.

13. Kiddsir

Kiddsir Member

Sell high? Since when Lin's Trade Value is HIGH???Price is High but Value is not that high.

14. jim1961

jim1961 Member

I think this needs turning around....

Does anybody want to trade FOR Lin while he is high?

15. kuku

kuku Contributing Member

I was one of the strongest proponents for before Harden trade but don't recall ANYONE called him a superstar. Do you realize how asinine it would've sounded BACK THEN? Please enlighten us with your 'troll' posts BEFORE the trade went down. Not this I knew he was a superstar when he was with OKC BS.

So Presti, the Thunder fans, and anyone who'd watched enough Harden should've known Harden was a superstar? But strangely, for a few millions difference in negotiation, they sure were anxious trading him for a bag of chips around the league with (rumor) Rockets as the Presti's third choice.

Lastly, I don't recall any superstars, past or present, scoring so inefficiently in Rudy Gay league when faced with top defenders, do you?

16. wfeebs

wfeebs Member

Stop making threads about Lin when every little thought pops in your head..

17. Neped

Neped Member

Remember LOF want him to be traded, because they want him to be a starter. So yes trade him trade trade trade HIM!!!!

18. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Why don't we just run with what we've got and let this team gel together over a full season or two?

19. Crunchyball

Crunchyball Rookie

Trade him, sell low.

20. HighlightReel

HighlightReel Member

I'm not sure why the fans still don't get the point that keeping Lin and his contract is actually much better than just dumping him for nothing. While he may be slightly overpaid for his on court production because of his role on the team, his contract can be used in a trade for a star player on a big contract because teams need to match salary in trades. Just by dumping his salary will make it difficult to go over the tax or match salary for that third star. Les is willing to spend and keeping Lin on the payroll is beneficial even from a contractual standpoint.

to maximize the chance of winning it all this year, Morey shouldn't get anyone worse than Lin. I don't think allocating Lin's minutes to anyone else currently on the Rockets' uniform makes the team better. Since there isn't a better replacement at the moment, the team should obviously just continue to use him.

so really, I only see him gets traded for a true third star or for a really good two-way wing player who may be more important for the rockets than any PG of Lin's calibre and potential.