1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Woody Allen's daughter: my father molested me when I was a child.

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Commodore, Feb 1, 2014.

1. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

No, shame on you for accusing someone of something when you don't have all the facts. If they reopen this, and he admits to it like Polanski did, I'd be the first to stop watching his films and condemn him. But he has denied it all along, there was not a clear-enough case for them to proceed at the time, and if you're telling me that they decided not to pursue something as serious as sexual assault on a 7 year old b/c they were afraid of what would happen to her- well, according to her, she's been absolutely miserable since, so how'd that work out? You just can't not pursue a case like this. What else do you want? He passed a lie detector, there are people who corroborated his side of things, etc.

But what you're going to say is the fact that she brought it up and that kids often repress these things until later- which is actually true- makes him a pedophile. Guilty until proven innocent. OK. I would prefer that it be opened up again b4 I pass judgment, but that's just me.

2. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

He was a director in NYC. They had apartments that faced each other across Central PArk. She had a Connecticut farm house he stayed at. They stayed at each others apartments with the kids. Together.

21 when picture was discovered. He admitting to sexual relations at 19. No one knows how old she is in the pictures. It wasn't a criminal trial.
    I don't see where my facts were wrong. Semantics on moved in together? Read this written before the breakup. It tells a different story.
    http://www.nytimes.com/1991/02/24/magazine/woody-and-mia-a-new-york-story.html?src=pm&pagewanted=2

To say Allen wasn't her dad from 1980 is preposterous.

#42 Bandwagoner, Feb 2, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2014
  3. Bandwagoner

Have you seen his movies? He has an obvious attraction to young girls. His status and team of vicious lawyers along with evidence of only testimony from a child has a bearing on them pursuing it I would say. I'm not saying arrest and convict him, I'm saying why allow a guy investigated for child molestation who married his de facto daughter and spent 40 years in therapy to adopt two girls? Why would a guy who is know all over for banging his daughter adopt a young chinese girl.

4. dandorotik

Yes, I've seen Manhattan and Husbands & Wives and the other 41. Yes, I would never even consider doing something like that. It's just wrong. But it's not a crime to have sexual relations with someone who is 19 who is not related to you. Inappropriate, strange, etc? Yes. But not criminal.

And pedophilia is a crime. This young lady Dylan says he sexually assaulted her. She needs to be listened to. Mr. Allen says he never did this. He deserves to be listened to. He should not get any preference because he is famous, and yet we should not accuse him of a crime as horrific as pedophilia based only on what she said.

I had someone in my extended family raped by their own brother when they were younger. Sure, I wanted to kill the mother********. Almost beat the **** out of him at a family reunion. And if Woody's found guilty, if it is ever opened up, thrown him in jail and hope he gets his ass beat.

But I am not finding him guilty of raping a 7 year-old girl and calling him a pedophile based on this letter. Even though it is very rare, there is a slight chance she is not remembering it exactly as it happened. Again, very rare, and of course this should be re-investigated. But I'll reserve judgment until that happens and/or he admits to it- if it happened.

#44 dandorotik, Feb 2, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2014
  5. dandorotik

I don't know- how about do some investigating and find out how they allowed it?

I mean, not to excuse Woody Allen, but that whole family is screwed up. Why would Mia Farrow still be close friends with Roman Polanski? How screwed up is that? And then admit that, maybe, Ronan is Frank Sinatra's son? Umm, Sinatra's widow is still alive, which means that Mia was having an affair with Frank at the time in order to have this kid with him, as he was married to the other one at the time. I'm telling you, you can't write a movie as bizarre as this.

6. Bandwagoner

The investigation is complete. The adoption process in this country is FUBAR. See my earlier posts. Pedophilia is the attraction to children which he clearly has. It isn't illegal unless acted upon, but it is obvious to me this dudes got it.

I'm sorry about your situation and will STFU now.

7. dandorotik

Ironically enough, from my end, I think it's distateful for guys to hook up with women who are much younger than them- and vice versa. You've got people like Paul McCartney hooking up with women 30-40 years younger than him- same with Harrison Ford, Robert DeNiro, Clooney, etc. It's just wrong, IMO. You know, anything within 10 years, OK. But beyond that is just... I don't know, it just feels wrong.

It's just a bad situation all around. And irony on top of irony, I'm going to be in Houston Thursday attending a brilliant lecture series and Meet-and-Greet with, of all people, Diane Keaton at the Wortham Center. Maybe I should ask her what she thinks about all this? Yeah, that'd go over well.:grin:

I'm going to STFU too. Just very depressing as he's my favorite screenplay writer of all time. Hope she finds peace.

8. txppratt

txppratt Contributing Member

one more reason to hate woody allen movies.

hollywood is full of weirdo's and overpaid pompous blowhards.

9. YallMean

YallMean Member

Woody's movie is mightily fine.

However, this really reminds me of Humbert Humbert in Vladimir Nabokov's Lolita. The episodes described eerily similar to some described in that book. (She probably read that book).

Disturbing, very disturbing. There has to be justice to this.

10. Raven

Raven Member

It's amazing how anyone can say for certain how much of her story is actually true.

11. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I think the formula for determining this is your age divided by 2, plus seven.

So for me at 26, the youngest I can date is a 20 year old. (26/2=13; 13+7=20).

This formula is supported by GAAP I think.

12. New Jack

New Jack Member

Everybody keeps giving Woody crap about his relationship with Soon Yi, but they've been happily married for 17 years, which is forever in Hollywood. It's not like he dropped her once she hit 30 (she's 43 now btw) and found some younger chick. Can't we just leave them be? Maybe they really do love each other, and it wasn't just him being a perverted creepy old man.

13. Dgn1

Dgn1 Member

Where there's smoke, there's fire

14. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

Where there are contentious custody suits there are vindictive b****es.

15. dragician

dragician Member

one way to bring this pedo down is to stop supporting his films... unless of course you're like him...

16. Dgn1

Dgn1 Member

I can't say what the guy is guilty of, but my parental instinct says something is up with this guy. I understand the position some of you are taking by defending him. May not have been enough evidence to pursue and so on. Question is, would you have allowed your children around him? This guy is sitting behind a creepy curtain of weirdness. You can't convict on that but I'm just saying.

17. dandorotik

Defending someone? Or defending that they might be innocent? Maybe the latter. We've all been burned before by events and the subsequent social media vigiliantes- remember the girl who said this family stiffed her at a restaurant and then wrote they disapproved of her gay lifestyle? She lied. Not saying this woman did, but I'm not saying it happened 100% the way it did- if you want to do something about it, consider whether legal action can still be pursued. Again, there are a lot of strange things about this whole incident, including this:

"...It’s not in the main paper. It’s in Nicholas Kristof’s personal blog. And what Kristof says as “full disclosure” is that he’s a friend of Mia Farrow. it’s not in his preface to Dylan’s open letter, which everyone is now reading. That’s how Kristof puts it in his Op Ed piece that accompanies the blog revelation.

But Kristof and Farrow aren’t just ‘friends.’ They are close friends. Romantic? I’m not suggesting that. They travel together, Kristof writes about Farrow often, he Tweets and re-Tweets her. They are too close for him to be delivering Dylan’s accusations."

18. dandorotik

Of course I would. And if I found out something happened, I'd take the appropriate action. I've left my kid with relatives and friends before over the course of a 20 year period, and if he was found innocent, or the case wasn't prosecuted, then I'd have no choice but to go with that. Sorry, I've seen too many cases where this type of thing is not clear-cut- and others where it is. But I have to go back to my original premise on all of this- there should be a better way of pursuing this- legally if it is still possible.

19. Raven

Raven Member

And sometimes pitchforks and torches.

20. Raven

Raven Member

Sad but true.