1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harden called the last PnR play for Dwight and Lin to get Lin his 1st triple-double

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by flamingdts, Feb 1, 2014.

1. MichaelG281713

Lol. If only...

The LOF's will never stop. This wasn't the first time Harden deferred to Lin while he was playing well. Did it last season as well.

1 person likes this.
  2. dantian

dantian Member

Sensible.
    And they also seem to use more off ball screens for simple set plays.

3. jason330i

jason330i Member

Shame on LOFHs who have chit on Lin all season long. Smh...

:grin:

1 person likes this.
  4. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

I will wait sitting on that. Standing up could get tiresome.

5. Crunchyball

Crunchyball Rookie

Lol let's flame lin fans anyhow!

6. JeffB

JeffB Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It is in the definition.

But really, Harden has been playing pretty unselfishly for quite a while. I recall Dwayne Wade saying that the test Harden would face would be dealing with the pressures of being "the man" on his team. I can't find the direct quite, but Wade discussed how, because of the contract and being featured, Harden would have to shoulder the blame night in and night out.

It is a lot to be expected to be the closer, bail the team out of tough situations, and make your teammates better. So far, I think Harden has handled it well. At least publicly.

7. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

That is a fair assessment and something I've been guilty of. To Harden's credit he has shown times of trying to be more inclusive and less ISO. last night was a perfect example. And there is no question when we need him to step up we need him to step up. Hat's off to Harden for dealing with the pressures of being the man on the team.

8. cfansnet

cfansnet Member

Not real LOFs. Just trolls pretending to be LOFs. Shame so many people are falling for it.

9. langal

langal Contributing Member

They goto PNR when looking for a bucket... hmm...

10. JMG524

JMG524 Member

Typical LOH comment...way to take the low road.

1 person likes this.
  11. tomato123

tomato123 Rookie

am i the only one see Harden unwilling to let lin handles the ball during that time? i remember i saw Harden selfishly jack up a 3 pts. because all the crowd was yelling, harden let lin handles the ball.

12. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

what a load of rubbish, he was just playing the game.

it is amazing how many stupid things are made up out of nowhere on here

13. jms99

jms99 Member

Harden is slowly getting over his need to "prove" to OKC that he is so awesome. And that takes a level of maturity. That kind of slight is not easy to get over for anybody.

14. jms99

jms99 Member

well for Lin to ever get near a triple double, harden had to have been playing fairly unselfishly throughout the entire game. So by the time Lin had 9 assists, the whole game up until that point you can imagine Harden was being unselfish at least compared to other games.

15. jms99

jms99 Member

also, those fans are stupid if they really care about 1 more assists. You should never inflate your stats, but concentrate on the game itself. Forget ALL stats in terms of trying to get yours. Just play the game naturally. Unless you REALLY LOVE 10 points, 10 boards, 10 assists WAY MORE than 10 points, 9 boards, 17 assists, 4 steals, 4 blocks, 0 turnovers.

16. Neped

Neped Member

Maybe Mchale should let Harden call the plays in crunch time instead of himself.

17. tomato123

tomato123 Rookie

Then I hope he can keep it on. This team is more contender when Harden plays unselfishly.

Like Parsons said Team plays more balanced without Harden and there's a reason why he said that. If this team can put Harden(best scorer) and Lin(best passer) works together, this back-court will be Unbeatable!:cool:

18. Cosmonaut

Cosmonaut Member

Why don't they run that play more often is my next question. Harden should be calling more pnr's

19. oldyellow

oldyellow Member

It seems that everyone takes Lin complementary words about Harden seriously. Go.back to view the game one more time.

20. NotInMyHouse

NotInMyHouse Contributing Member

I don't think Parsons actually said what you think he said. There is a video floating around in another thread that will surprise you.