1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Cavaliers @ Rockets 2/1/2014

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 31, 2014.

1. espymu

espymu Member

Is there a GIF on Jeremy's No llok pass to howard and Harden's tomahawk dunk?

2. espymu

espymu Member

3. Type Raba

Type Raba Member

its because parsons has turned into a point forward.

i'd like to see bev and tjones continue to start. however mchale should sub in dmo and lin earlier like at the 4-5 min mark. this way we can see more of the bev-lin-omri-dmo-jones lineup that was so good tonight. when harden-howard-parsons come back, whoever is hot can stay in.

4. DreamEarlNolan

Glad to see the Rockets handle their business against an inferior team. And with all the talk of LOF's and LOH's, any true Rocket fan should be happy for Jeremy tonight.

5. lomahtw

lomahtw Member

hater or supporter, tonight is not the night to complain about Bev and Lin. How both of them played tonight, Bev's scoreless is not important. they both played very well and the team won, so any complaints looks more like deliberate trolling to us.

6. BallardLocks

BallardLocks Member

1st off the backboard alley oop since T-Mac!
    And... great game by Jeremy

7. Lihao

Lihao Member

Tjones was like " that's mine!!"

8. AdrenaLINe

AdrenaLINe Rookie

bashing Bev is not right ... he had wide open lanes to the basket and gave up the ball

I am sure most Lin fans just want him to be used right...

it dosent matter if he starts or not...

definitely not up to Bev, if Lin starts or not...

if rather Lin not start if it means he stands at the 3 point line waiting to brick 3s

9. Panda23

Panda23 Member

Relax everyone, everyone played great tonight in particular Lin with the tripDUB and Beverley channeling some Kidd-like statline there, irrespective of what people think glad we've got both of them on our team.

10. Solaris

Solaris Member

I guess the numbers are clear!

11. JustAGuy

JustAGuy Member

Thread reads better when people ignore the trolls.

12. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Everyone did their jobs tonight and I for one have no complaints. Great game by Jeremy Lin I have the upmost respect for him we need that kind of spark off our bench. We need him to come off the bench with that kind of play and confidence... we won't win without it.

13. Clarinetmonster

[​IMG]

14. Clarinetmonster

[​IMG]

15. rawdeele

rawdeele Member

Wow seriously? People are complaining about Bev? That's messed up.

This was a fun game to watch as everyone did well pretty much.

16. langal

langal Contributing Member

Bev played great too. His lack of scoring certainly does not help but he is not the kind of guy to shoot us out of a game like a Monta Ellis or something.

17. Juxtaposed Jolt

18. Panda23

Panda23 Member

Yep, Beverley isn't going to force the issue ever, just play tough D, any good shooting we get from him is gravy.

19. neoxyphus

neoxyphus Member

Don't post around here often...I'm a Lin fan and a Rockets fan by default.

Seriously people need to get off of PBev's back. He was scoreless, but he gave up a lot of scoring opportunities...E.g. the off the board alley oop to Harden and the pass to Lin on the break, and many others.

PBev is a hard nosed player and he is getting better...He had a phenomenal game today, you want to talk about selfless, how's about knowing he is close to having a double double scoreless, instead of looking for his own stats, he along with the REST OF THE TEAM, even Harden, were giving assists to Lin in the last 2 minutes so he can cap it off.

I mean, almost a double double scoreless with 5 steals, he did GREAT!

That is some serious team spirit that PBev set today and I hope it rubs off, seriously teamwork is something Rockets can use a lot more of. I for one really enjoy PBev and Lin playing together, I think it was during Spurs game when George Karl commented on how PB&J can be a very good backcourt, and today was a great example.

So please, don't bash on Bev tonight for being scoreless, there were so many intangibles he demonstrated today that couldn't be captured in stats. He did great today.

1 person likes this.
  20. Clarinetmonster

They both did their thing tonight, but I think going forward we're gonna need both of them to find their 3's again - against tougher D we really need to stretch the floor and open up some lanes. It'll be even easier for Lin to get to the hole when when the first part of the triple threat is once again a threat.