1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Parsons: Team plays more balanced without Harden

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ind0fo0, Jan 29, 2014.

1. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Leverage? Everybody on this squad outside of Harden/Howard is dispensable.

2. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Harden is not without his faults, but some of you are truly, truly delusional.

3. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

not sure whats going on, but thats Howard and now Parsons who have both dogged Harden in public.

1 person likes this.
  4. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

I think your totally wrong hardens started just over 100 games as the number 1 guy and has over 70 wins with his team. He's 24 and one of only 5 players to have had the type of ur he had last yr at that age. Him and lebron are the only players putting up the numbers he's doing this yr and it's statistically worse than last.

Harden is a rare player and we should be happy he's ours. Is he Lebron or KD? No bit out if any player in the league that's under 25 he's got the most potential to reach their level. KD has turned I to a good team and even man defender theirs no reasons to believe that if harden is committed to winning which I think he is that with his build athletic ability and length that he should be stand out defender for a guard. IMO he will get it and become the top 5 player a lot of people said he was this yr.

Harden is a real pro and I'm confident that he's going to look back on this season as the growing up faze he came out strong last yr and showed everyone he was the real deal. He was feeling himself to
    Much this yr and has to get back to basics which is playing his game. He'll get theirs and become a much better player for it. MJ, Lebron and even KD went through this. No reasons for us to have thought this wouldn't happen. He'll learn and come back strong. He wants to win and will get us were we need to be he's a big time player and when it counts he'll be ready.

1 person likes this.
  5. yummyhawtsauce

what did howard say before?

6. vladyx92

vladyx92 Member

I wouldn't read too much into it. Parsons stated a fact. He did not "offend" Harden in any way possible. This is just a team which wants to win more than anything. If that involves Harden dribbling the ball less than 10 seconds/possession, great. At the end of the day, the W is the only thing which matters. As far as we know, the chemistry between our guys is great off-court. If I were Harden, I would acknowledge Parsons' feelings and talk to the coaches. When the ball is moving, everyone scores in double figures. Basketball is a team sport.

This is coming from a Harden apologist.

7. Maikeru

Maikeru Member

Preach! The flow of the game should dictate the way you play and that takes time and experience (and a coach that fits) to learn. This is only Hardens second year.

8. verysimplejason

Time to trade Lin while he's hot. Rockets can get a very good 4 - 6th man, a backup center and some pick/s for him and Asik or for an all-star PG/backup center. I still believe that Rockets is just a player/coach away from championship. Wait more and he'll lose some value. I expect Rockets to play him a lot in the coming week/s to keep his value up.

9. Doppleganger

Doppleganger Rookie

lol what

10. StandontheLake

You mean, if we trade Lin and Asik, we can get back Lin and Asik?

11. verysimplejason

12. verysimplejason

Lol! Lin is too redundant with Harden and isn't really a good starter besides Harden according to Clutch and most Clutchfans. If you look at his sixth man numbers, there are others who are better. Asik doesn't even want to be a sixth man. He wants to be a starter. Comprehende?

13. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

Harden has been the best player in the nba in the 4th quarter this year..... (although Durant may have passed him in the last cpl weeks, lol)

14. quinnolivarez

quinnolivarez Member

Saying the ball moves is not a loaded claim. The ball moves less when Harden's in because he is better at getting buckets than anyone on the team. No ifs, ands or buts about it. Why should Harden pass the ball to a teammate that is less than reliable unless they are wide open. Besides, the ball moves less when he rocks the cradle, but another part of that is the H/H hi pick and roll collapses wing defense creating easy shots. It's no fluke that he's averaging 5 apg.

15. Panda23

Panda23 Member

yeah durants pretty good haha.

16. NotApollo33

NotApollo33 Member

If people can't 'comprehende' you it's cos your English is terrible.

17. Raven

Raven Member

Lin can be productive, he just needs touches and minutes, so something smells if Morey is truly unable to trade him. As for Harden, he's the horse that pulls the wagon. Anyone who thinks otherwise is kidding themselves.

The team just needs a point guard who can hit shots/defend and a backup for Dwight. Once those two players are acquired, assuming they aren't scrubs, I think Spring is gonna be very entertaining for Rockets' fans.

18. meh

meh Contributing Member

Harden is easily the best scorer on the team. When Harden has the ball, why would he pass to lesser options? If LOFs want to complain about Harden not passing the ball, get your idol to score as efficiently as Harden consistently.

19. 11Rox4Life3

11Rox4Life3 Member

a guy named blutch could write an article on blutchfans using #'s in some way to construe that our last two wins were the best 3 pt defense we've played in a while by the %'s. and then resoundingly finish the article by saying the #'s are clear, we are better defensively without harden. my point is no offense, but clutch's opinion on matters like this are more or less the same weight as everyone that watches the games too. because the bottom line is we're looking at limited sample sizes all round with a lot of variability with all the injuries we've had. i haven't given up on lin contributing mightily to this team as a 6th man, but it requires more confidence on his part, and the coaching staff infusing all our talent.

what standonthelake said is true...to try to trade lin and asik for a 6th man and backup center is a bit odd, cuz i doubt we'd get much interest in the first place, and second better players back than those two we're sending out. tho i dont know what the hell is goin on with asik...and the extent of his "injury."

i still wanna see what this team will do healthy.

20. dantian

dantian Member

Actually, Melo started to share the ball better lately which resulted in NYK's recent upwards surge in wins.