1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[from 2014]The return of Kyle Lowry?? Espn article

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by 45souf, Jan 28, 2014.

1. bmd

bmd Member

For those of you saying the Rockets don't run the pick and roll... they run a half-assed pick and roll like half the time down the floor to initiate their half-court offense.

How many times have you seen Dwight set a high ball screen after Harden gets the ball?

2. intergalactic

intergalactic Contributing Member

I love Lowry, but this looks really worrisome for our team chemistry.

Lowry and McHale have bad blood. Bev just earned the starting spot and would prob be unhappy going to the bench. If they leave Bev as the starter, Lowry will be pissed. Also, don't forget Lowry becoming the starter 3 years ago is what practically destroyed Aaron Brooks's career. He'd almost certainly have friction with Lowry too.

3. Alvin Choo

Alvin Choo Member

Hmmm

PG - Lowry
    SG - Harden
    SF - Parsons
    PF - Pat2
    C - Dwight

Off bench - Lee, TJones, AB

I like that.

4. duluth111222

duluth111222 I.D.I.O.T

I can go to war with this lineup. Merray please

5. red32

red32 Member

Gotta make sure the next PG doesn't wear #7...

6. RocketPowerNick

LOL that he'll ever want to be around 6 ft of McHale

7. greatpacha1

greatpacha1 Member

I love KLow, but does Klow want to be back with McHale?

8. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Lowry would be awesome on the Rockets.

9. Rockets12

Rockets12 Member

His main problem was that he lost his starting spot, I don't think they would start Bev over Lowry. I don't know though, I'd love to have him back though.

10. Entropy

Entropy Member

Would love this trade even though I think Lin is better than him. He's more consistent than Lin is at this point. Would Lowry love this trade? No--McHale is still our coach.

11. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Of course you'd do this... it's a no brainer.

Any other teams out there in dire need of an PG, that would send assets to Toronto, considering Lowry is a potential rental?

The Rockets do it, because no offense to Lin, if worst case is Lowry is a rental, that's ok.

Would Minnesota offer Rubio plus? Would Utah offer Favors plus... not that Toronto needs more bigs? Would the Raptors prefer Eric Gordon or Tyreke (probably not Reke), and would that interest Pelicans?

Doubt a bottom feeder (Magic, Bucks, etc.) would offer any lotto pick without meaningful protection.

It's an interesting idea, if only because given Lowry's contract status it's not clear other teams would offer that much of value to Toronto... all the contenders / playoff squads, who might want that short term boos, are relatively set at PG. Certainly in the West, the Rockets are "worst" at PG as a potential contender most willing to risk the rental.

The McHale issues ARE clearly issues. But you take what you can get. And if that means either McHale or Lowry aren't here next year, again not the end of the world. But if it works (eg the Rockets get meaningful better, tougher, whatever), the upside is way too much to pass up.

12. theangrycanary

houston trades lowry

houston cuts lin

houston resigns lin

houston trades lin for lowry...

ridiculous

13. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

typical BSPN article. If it was actually something plausible, they wouldn't live up to their reputation.

14. AirBud#10

AirBud#10 Member

I would be SOOOO happy if they brought Lowry back, he (or Chuck Hayes) is my favorite Rocket of all time.

15. Rockie_rocker

Rockie_rocker Member

Lowry at $7.5 per year?? dude you are simply more genius than Morey

16. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Unless Lowry relationship with the Rockets and McHale is just irreparably broken, I would totally want Lowry back in a reasonable trade.

Lowry is a top 30 or 40 player in the NBA now-- the most talented guy on a .500 team like he was back in the days. He is clearly a step up from either Lin or Beverley in terms of talent.

There are drawbacks, of course. First, his contract is expiring so he is a short term rental unless the team is willing to pay market value to retain him.

Also, I've read from several reports (including by Zach Lowe, Ken Berger type credible reporters) that Lowry can be a pain in the ass to coaches. He may be a bit of a head case, but he is at least a highly functional head case who is very smart and has played very effectively.

He reminds me of Ron Artest right before the Rockets acquired him-- available at a reasonable cost because of his history. Lowry and Artest are the kind of guys you take a chance on (if the cost is low enough) when your team is a tier below true contender status and a high level player away from reaching it.

17. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

18. nchan

nchan Member

Clutchfans really want to see Mchale kill Lowry's career. Bring him back and he'll regress to 10pts 5 assists average down here. Book it.

19. GeneValgene

GeneValgene Member

this. bring in lowry and dump mchale. else lowry is just going to pout and not play nice with mchale's incompetence.

20. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

The team is not dumping McHale as long as Dwight is in his corner. If Lowry is to return, it's up to him to fit in with the rest of the team and not the other way around.