1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[from 2014]The return of Kyle Lowry?? Espn article

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by 45souf, Jan 28, 2014.

1. Play07

Play07 Member

He will be a upgrade over Lin because of his D and 3 point shooting, but pick and roll doesn't happen much in Houston. Pick & roll is lins greatest strength. Either way it will be an upgrade and will be interesting to see both players after the deal if it happens

2. AvgJoe

AvgJoe Contributing Member

Lowry pulls an Asik?

3. Nook

Nook Member

Sorry but you lost all credibility.

4. Nook

Nook Member

The Rockets run PNR more than you think.

5. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

Man I hope so. Lowry is still by far my favorite PG in the league

6. qiantom1999

qiantom1999 Rookie

There are data out there and your claim is totally wrong.

7. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

No way. Lowry is playing for his next contract this summer. He would cost himself millions if he doesn't play well or sulks.

If he helps the team make a great playoff push he could end up getting a $40 million deal.

8. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Please get Lowry even if it is just a rental.

9. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

If Lowry does come here im pretty sure most of the people of ClutchFans would be happy

10. RRockets

RRockets Member

But that is the reality. Look at PBev, what has he been doing on the court? Bring up the ball and pass to Harden. Look at JLin, he is the 8th player on the roster now. Harden is our PG.

Before you label me, I just want to tell you: If I were a LOF, I would be so happy to hear that JLin will reunite with his old buddies in Landry Fields and Steve Novac.

11. TechieOne

TechieOne Member

I would do it. It's a good trade for the Rockets. Only concern is whether Lowry and Mchale can co-exist. ie when Beverley plays the 4th quarter for defensive purposes etc.

12. Nook

Nook Member

Morey does not need to justify the trade for Harden... he got the best SG in the NBA at barely 24 years old for a bunch of spare parts...

Go back to your hole.

13. hamsession

hamsession Member

Yes, let's do it! McHale + Garcia for Lowry.

14. htwnbandit

htwnbandit Member

So much nostalgia but this Rockets team is really missing or in need of 3 of it's former players: Courtney Lee, Patrick Patterson and Kyle Lowry.

15. RRockets

RRockets Member

LOL.

Look at youself, you got more than 8000 posts but still a member.

Look at AveJoe, he has 1636 posts but he is a contributing member already.

You need to go to your hole and post less.

16. ForTheWinYes

ForTheWinYes Member

A rental doesn't hurt the Rockets as much as you'd think as it would also open up cap space in 2015 to sign a max free agent, especially if Motiejunas is thrown in. Lin has been regressing at an alarming rate, so it might be smart to cash in before he has super negative value around the league with $15 million to pay for a below average player.

A deal that sends Lin, Motiejunas, Brewer, and one of the Knicks second round picks for Lowry and Fields (contract expires in 2015) would mostly benefit the Rockets. And a team starring Harden, Howard, Lowry and Parsons with Asik off the bench is capable of winning the championship this year. There is very little downside here.

17. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Pardon me for interrupting, but anyone can become a contributing member. Even you, as well as Nook, who needs to pony up. Send a contribution to the running of the BBS to Clutch via the Tip Jar. If you don't become a "C.M." in a reasonable time frame (Clutch is very, very busy, and sometimes it can take a while), then email Clutch through the board and he'll take care of it. If you do, you can edit posts, and other worthy things. The most worthy? Supporting ClutrchFans! Here's the link: http://www.clutchfans.net/tipjar.cfm

I won't speak to the other content of your post.

18. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

Masai wouldnt do it

19. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

I dont see a reason for why the Raptors would do this considering the $15,000 owed to Lin next year. Aside from the 2nd round picks, the raps lose on this deal.

Lowry as a rental would still work wonders in the short term for this team, and I would love to have him back instead of carry on the season with Lin.

20. Roxnostalgia

Roxnostalgia Contributing Member

Nook take it easssssy on me...

Hey look that way!