1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] The numbers are clear: Patrick Beverley deserves to start over Jeremy Lin

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 21, 2014.

1. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

teams woes extend way past Beverly.

2. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

He owns and runs this site. He works in media. He does not work for the Rockets organization.

Do you really expect him to walk through Morey's door and tell him how to do his job???

3. tzou88

tzou88 Member

Rondo please.

4. Hardensway

Hardensway Member

If u can't even summarize, u prob don't understand it.

5. treeman

treeman Member

Count me as one who agrees. Lin is more valuable to the team off the bench. He is most effective when Harden is sitting - they both demand touches - and he energizes the bench and gives it an offensive punch. Bev usually does better with the rest of the starters; offense is less an issue with Harden, Howard, Dwight, and Jones on the floor... While defensive posture is very much an issue with the starters. Or at least some of them. Bev's presence addresses that to an extent.

6. treeman

treeman Member

Ugh, Parsons... Unfortunately we don't have two Dwights :)

7. Rockets12

Rockets12 Member

If you can't even read it, then you shouldnt even post in this thread.

8. Hardensway

Hardensway Member

Alright skinned thru it. The team has slightly better stats when pb played. What it didn't mention is how many wins does rockets have when pb plays more minutes or the focus. Add to that, these last two games probably hurt those small sample sized in game stats. Kind of like parsons going for 10 3s and lost.

9. Hardensway

Hardensway Member

Alright mister mod

10. meh

meh Contributing Member

Who were all these NBA players? Since they all think this way, you must have tons of quotes from them that state this, correct?

11. CasaDolce

CasaDolce Rookie

I didn't read Clutch's article. Didn't bother clicking on the thread as I could tell where it was going just from its title.

I agree with a lot of you here though, neither Bev or Jeremy is the answer nor the problem here. One may be a better fit for one system and the other one may fit better for another system. Problem is we still haven't found a system that is worth sticking with.

Changes will be needed.

12. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

With Lin shooting only 33% from 3pt range, it might be time to get a little more of AB as the backup PG - to get more scoring against tough teams like Memphis.

DD

13. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

It never ends.

14. roxfan123

roxfan123 Member

Zboy,

He raised the "who should be the starter PG" and addressed with a solid data; but my point is, that is not the proper question to ask. Like I said, the real question is, does this (BEV starting) really benefit the team long term? Now that is something worth talking about IMO compared to BEV vs Lin. I did not agree with the way the article was written, thought it should go deeper.

I am not that naive to think his article would make DM cry but you never know, some guy named Jason was hired by the Rockets due to his posts here. I don't know, an article that analyzes why LIN's confidence is shot would be more appreciated than who should start. But then it is just me, and I am not Clutch.

15. Dementium

Dementium Member

You guys complain about Lin's defense. With AB you will see even more defensive breakdowns. He is what he is. IMO he is not the solution.

16. Clarinetmonster

A great question would be, how long do we stick with Moreyball if it fails, even with an enhanced roster? I am assuming Morey will doggedly adhere to it since it's named after him, even if the team doesn't go anywhere with it.

17. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

That's because it's irrelevant, Lin plays more minutes when Lin is playing well, shockingly, when players play well we win more often.

18. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

I am not going to summarize an article that takes 5 minutes to read to someone who is lazy enough not to read it himself.

I am not Cliffs notes.

19. RRockets

RRockets Member

Fixed.

AB as the backup SG.

20. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I actually don't think our problem right now is defense, it is that we are a 3pt shooting team that can't shoot.

Only Parsons and Brooks are shooting well from 3......and that is our biggest issue, as hitting those shots opens it up for the guys in the middle and for Lin and Harden to drive.

Teams are packing the paint, daring us to shoot and more often than not we are missing.

I really would have liked Courtney Lee and his 44% 3pt shot in Houston for Asik ....dang it.

DD