1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Grizzlies @ Rockets 1/24/2014

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 23, 2014.

1. knickstorm

knickstorm Member

i'm basing it on his shooting this game, what % chance would he have hit a shot if Parsons threw it at him? He wasnt even in a good position to catch the ball, I'd say 20%.

2. Clarinetmonster

Wrong and....uh, wrong - but thanks for playing!!:p

3. SPBR

SPBR Member

Give the Grizzlies some credit for their defense.

The blame for that last shot is not on Bev. Parsons had nowhere to go and Bev was the only guy left. He at least got a shot off before time ran out. The play, or whatever it was, broke down or the teammates didn't know how to read and react properly leading to this only recourse.

Read and react gives players freedom but also gives them responsibility and blame. This was a collective failure. When the other 3 teammates can't provide Parsons with a better option, the blame should not be on Bev.

Read and react may be a great system for veterans. Probably a great system one day down the line for the Rockets. Right now, our developing players aren't disciplined enough to run it well against good defense.

4. P Bev Tha Goon

Bev was horrible on offense tonight but he got us that last play with that charge all blame should be on mcfails lack of Coaching. Refs hurt us too and I wouldnt care if Lin started over Bev im not a LOH by far. This game was Mchales fault. I wouldnt care if they traded Bev instead of Lin if it gets us what we need but he truly had no choice but to jack that ball up with the time on the clock. Mchale is an idiot coach, Morey had no problem shipping McGrady out n shouldnt with Mchale either

5. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

Fight the good fight, man! End this conspiracy! In fact, let's petition the organization to remove both the Houston Rockets names for the teams and simply call the team "Jeremy Lin."

6. NickKent

NickKent Member

Let's just pray for Thibodeau..

7. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

I absolutely cannot believe he didn't anticipate the trap there. He seriously thought they would commit a guy to Dwight 25 feet from the hoop instead of trapping the guy that JUST MADE 10 STRAIGHT THREES??!

8. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

This lol. This place is always a b**** fest when harden isos.

9. Rocknation

Rocknation Member

everyone can have an opinion. But to be dogmatic is very insulting.

like saying the numbers are clear. Beverley should start over lin without really understanding the numbers. ommissions given by the article.

10. wolf8grandma

wolf8grandma Rookie

HAHHAHAHAHAA this Bev's first bad game WOW I see 2 people that haven't watched all the ROX games

11. YoungGods

YoungGods Member

Brick after brick, Beverley played horrendous tonight.

1 person likes this.
  12. aesthetics80

aesthetics80 Member

What's the point of getting a quality point guard when they will be relegated to off-ball play half the game due to Harden? What this team needs is more of a Derek Fisher type PG. A good PG would be wasted here.

1 person likes this.
  13. Camaro ZL1

Camaro ZL1 Member

You're referring to a useless forum blogs, LOL.

1 person likes this.
  14. afk

afk Member

According to the play by play, Memphis was clogging up the paint easily since only Chandler was hitting 3s. They realized Bev is shooting poorly in the final minutes (1-11, and a lot of shots are coming from Bev in the last couple of positons), so they're doubling Howard and/or Harden and leaving Chandler open? (hence his 10 3s and 34 points) I am also assuming Howard was extremly frustrated with his 5 fouls. Am I close, or did I miss something?

15. Hilarious

Hilarious Member

It's not about getting him the last shot but the opputunity to start the play and either drive and score or draw the foul, OR shoot if he sees he has some space because they fear his drive OR pass to Parsons who is hot

16. ctry2582

ctry2582 Member

Guys lets cut it out this whole Bev and Lin thing. Both of them, no matter who starts, gives us good PG play for 48 mins. Think whatever you want of Lin's contract but his combined with Bev's, that's solid PG play night in and night out for under 10M.

As for tonight, this was on McHale.

Under no circumstance should they have inbounded the ball and let Chandler have at it. Harden, Lin or Bev, let them create.

17. P Bev Tha Goon

Agreed

18. Clarinetmonster

whatevs.

19. wolf8grandma

wolf8grandma Rookie

uhhh I don't think that was called for Bev but I didn't see anyone move to get open so I don't know who the play was called for so maybe I am wrong

20. Rocknation

Rocknation Member

Bev was 1-10 vs the Lakers