1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Grizzlies @ Rockets 1/24/2014

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 23, 2014.

1. redhotrox

redhotrox Contributing Member

2. timyeung

timyeung Member

Pat Bev: 1/11 fgm 1/8 3pm for 3 pts. McHale still keeps Bev on the floor all game and has him take the last shot as well. Talk about giving an unlimited leash to the lesser PG. What a joke!

1 person likes this.
  3. dafatha00

dafatha00 Contributing Member

Beverley played poorly offensively, but I always appreciate his hustle.

This is one game where I thought Lin should have gotten a couple more touches. I think his game was on. Definitely showed a little more aggression tonight than in previous nights.

And I'm getting tired of seeing Casspi jack up shots whenever he touches the ball. Ugh.

4. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

Feign tweeted "McHale said final play was a pick and roll with Parsons and Howard. Parsons was trapped and couldn't get loose in time"

5. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

PnR with Parsons was the first mistake...especially when Lin and Harden are proven in that area...

Funny, now Mchale says we need to play with more energy :rolleyes:

6. YaoMac09

YaoMac09 Member

Lin has never played bad game ever #underdog #TysonChandler #inexcusible

Please ship Lin, Asik and KM off to Antarctica for a block of ice in return.

7. P Bev Tha Goon

Along with Mcfail and P Bev sucked tonight but this is not about him and Lin. They both deserve playing time more than Mchale deserves to coach. Hate him worse then Kubiak since I will always be a Rocket fan over Texans. SMFH

8. chen55

chen55 Member

This is because he is the future championship piece that we need to develope his shooting.

9. meiosis

meiosis Member

McFail believed "bad game" was not in Bev's dictionary

10. afk

afk Member

I just got home and looked at the score. What happened?

11. Cautiously_Op

Cautiously_Op Member

What a heartbreaking loss… spoiled Parson’s amazing record breaking night.

As ugly as these games are to watch, to me sometimes they’re more telling about the team than the games where everything seems to be clicking perfectly to their MO and the 3s hit at a high clip. With the exception of Parsons and his insane 3pt scoring, the rest of the team was 4-20 from the arc. I think in the playoffs, with the game to game adjustments, Houston will need to rely on other factors too, to squeeze out wins.

This Bev vs Lin bickering is silly. Both of these guys had their good AND bad moments tonight. Each game both of them are giving great effort against better PGs. In fact, out of the top teams in the WC, Houston is the only good team with “underdog” PGs that have done really well. Together I think they can help optimize how this team plays.

In the 4th quarter, I thought coaching should have left Lin in consistently, especially when he was doing quite well throughout the game. Although McHale may have been matching starters to starters, the game was close and he could have left TJones out and Lin in with Bev. The attempt to put him in with seconds remaining really didn’t do anything to help with potential scoring which they really needed. This is where my criticism is with coaching, they seem to not be able to come up with better counter measures. Yes Memphis played good defense, but the last Houston plays seemed wasted on bad shots.

Memphis has been playing really well, and now with Gasol and Lee in the lineup, they should be better. Hopefully coaching adjusts and Houston pulls out a win at Memphis.

12. wolf8grandma

wolf8grandma Rookie

uhhh the record they were talking about was in 1Q not for a full game

13. xrym

xrym Member

Don't know what you are talking about.:)

14. vcchlw

vcchlw Contributing Member

Bill Walton: Mchale only knows ONE play - ISO!

[​IMG]

15. fooshayd

fooshayd Rookie

Stupid LOF Don't you know that numbers clearly show Bev should start ( and finish) :rolleyes:

16. aesthetics80

aesthetics80 Member

There are so many flaws to that analysis, but why bother even dissecting it, believe what you want to believe.

1 person likes this.
  17. Rocknation

Rocknation Member

i don't need a parrot. your own numbers.
    PER is don't compare
    FG % don't compare
    assists don't compare
    Beverley doesn't shoot FTs

Even defensive metrics say that Lin is an equal player to Beverley when in comparisons of opposing FG%s of Beverley and Lin. but of you course you are going to read one article and not use your own research. okay then, no problem, i'm done with you.

1 person likes this.
  18. wolf8grandma

wolf8grandma Rookie

ya in preseason 3 or 4 steals

19. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

What are all you saying?

Chandler is a good playmaker. MEM defense is already tough and he was double-teamed. The other guys should have made themselves open to get the pass out. Where were the other guys?

20. Camaro ZL1

Camaro ZL1 Member

What type of drug are you taking tonight?