1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The story behind Tinman and Tracy Mcgrady

Discussion in 'ClutchFans Feedback' started by mr. 13 in 33, Jan 1, 2014.

1. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

This.

2. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

There's only one side, that's the side of the truth.

The side that shows actual events that happened and well documented by CLUTCH himself.

not the side of liars who lie by saying someone has led a team to 22 wins when they didn't play 22 games
    or that a player who has never surpassed Kobe Bryant in any achievement , individual or team, is better than him
    liars who claim that he has no good teammates, when the teammates went on to win a playoff series without him
    liars who agree with his lies about his health, (how many he's back! threads? every time the dude drop 15 points stupid McGrady fans make one)

3. Rox11

Rox11 Member

Delusional still, you're making yourself look worse.

Tinman = where i leave out points i dont want to reply to. Only listening to yourself.

4. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

5. tinman

Supporting Member

tracy mcgrady fan = where there's no playoff success so I make up hypothetical situations like ' what if tracy was healthy'

tracy mcgrady fans = excuses
    rockets fans = reality

6. tinman

Supporting Member

there's nothing to argue with the tracy mcgrady fans.

1. no playoff success with the Rockets (or any other team)
    2. kept lying about his health situation (well documented by clutch and press)
    3. quit (well documented)
    4. no success post rockets (well documented even in china)
    5. never achieved or excelled anywhere close to Kobe Bryant in accomplishments

FACT > McGrady fan

7. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Why so angry?

I don't really care or have a dog in this fight. Somebody asked for the video; I found it, and then I (probably stupidly) also shared my own take on it.

I would just tell you no player I can find myself supporting has *ever* played like that in an NBA game unless they were so hurt they were dragging one leg behind themselves.

To each their own. yeah tinman is crazy, but I like that we have some crazy fans. Also, I think he is just having fun, but ... ultimately... whatever. I'm out.

8. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

anger? i am just saying that tmac ain't the first guy to pull that off. Remember Pippen? He did it during a playoff game! And he actually refused to get on the court!

People latch onto someone's worst moments and use that to define a person. It's a shame that men are defined by their greatest failures versus their greatest accomplishments. But that's the world as it is.

Well, unless you are pippen and you get canonized. Or maxwell - and you can quit on the team but be forgiven as well. It's all about that ring I guess.

9. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I totally understand the hate on McGrady here. What he did was inexcusable.

What's funny is how tinman would make Maxwell a hero just because he won a championship with the TEAM and he wasn't even the star who carried the team to the title. Or was it because Maxwell was not important enough so the team won another title in spite of his quitting?

10. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

I take it you weren't able to catch the last half of game four and all of game five against the Jazz in 1998?

11. tinman

Supporting Member

when did they pay Vernon Maxwell 25 million a year to lead the Rockets to a title?

they didn't. Maxwell's case was different, it was about not getting a contract extension in 95 and losing his job to Drexler. Maxwell went Tupac on the organization. He was known to go crazy, his name was MAD MAX.

McGrady's quitting was pure selfishness. It wasn't about money or starting, it was pure selfishness. Plus this is what the Orlando fans were saying before he came here. They were right.

Besides, Maxwell realized what he did and made amends with his coach/teammates. Water under the bridge.

12. RocketForever

RocketForever Contributing Member

Story?

Beginning of Story<

Tmac stole Tinman's girlfriend in HS.

>End of story.

13. tinman

Supporting Member

I could tell you that I saw Tracy McGrady leading the Rockets to a playoff series victory
    but we all know that never happened

14. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

That's actually correct. Was in a ****storm at the time and didn't catch *any* of that series.

15. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Maxwell wasn't right in the head. T-mac wasn't right in the knee.

They are more similar than they were not. Except T-mac was immensely more talented and didn't carry a gun and didn't give people herpes.

16. tinman

Supporting Member

There's nothing similar at all between the two players.

Vernon acted on emotion. you knew no contract extension and being replaced by drexler after winning a title, he might go tupac.

Tmac was smart and calculated, especially the way he held the Rockets hostage on his health condition. it was never about money for him, he was our highest paid player. It was power, he thought he had power over Rick Adelman and Rick ruled his ass.

Kenny loves vernon and he talks about him all the time on TNT.
    it's beautiful.

17. Raven

Raven Member

tinman is doing God's work, and that is a fact :grin:

1 person likes this.
  18. tinman

Supporting Member

Bless you brother! Join me and fight evil on this board

19. Jontro

Jontro Member

I actually agree for the most part with tinman regarding mergady. However it's time to just ignore anything about the dude. I don't think there are many mergady fans left here to argue with..

We have a new common enemy now... LOFs & LOHs... use your superpowers to fend them off.

20. tinman

Supporting Member

LOH is not a real term. LOFs aren't real Lin Fans.
    Rockets fans are real Lin Fans because they care about his basketball performance and like him as a person.

LOFs only like him for his fame and ethnicity.