1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Lin on a Short Leash

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jocar, Jan 19, 2014.

1. baki

baki Member

Nicely said, that's a real basketball fan right there.

2. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

True Rockets Fans all the way LOFs are scum

3. Panda23

Panda23 Member

mate its a game relax

4. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

lmao

reporter "so lin, mchale let beverely start at the pg position in his first game back. how does that make you feel?"

lin "i dunno, i hate kevin. i just wanna beat him up. if i breathe the wrong way i get benched"

5. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

fixed

6. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

This is true. Those posters are delusional and absolutely disgraceful to society. From calling McHale a racist, to trashing Morey and the entire Rockets organization as hippies and rednecks, to calling Beverley a monkey to wishing Harden was injured for life etc etc

It is conspiracy theory after conspiracy theory, lie after lie, inane comment after inane comment.

Some of us actually like Lin as a player and want him to do well no matter how mediocre he may be and mainly because he does play for the Rockets but these lunatics make it almost impossible to defend Lin because it is obvious the same ones are here on ClutchFans but post in a more subtle way.

7. Neped

Neped Member

So what if he's on a short leash. Coaches have their favorites( Dwight, Parsons, Harden and Beverley) like some teachers have their favorite students. Lin just needs to play better and more consistent. Mchale's pet pea is turnovers and playing no defense, Lin seems to do that.

8. Neped

Neped Member

*pet peeve.

9. yao_fan

yao_fan Member

Poor defense and turnover? Unless your last name is Harden, that is.

10. amak316

amak316 Member

I've been a huge Lin supporter for years and even came here because Lin came here but even I admit that Bev fits better with this team and is more valuable to the rockets.

I think Moreys 3 or layup system is outside of Lins comfort zone and I think playing Lin off the ball negates his strengths and exposes his weaknesses. Both ways it's good to see Beverly back and I think the team will be a bit more consistent with him in the lineup.

1 person likes this.
  11. Mirri3000

Mirri3000 Member

Props

12. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

I am relaxed. They are the ones always spazzing out. Lin fans collectively are about as bad as thebow fans and make this BBS a hellhole at times.

13. coffeelover665

Honestly I'm with you. Lin fans are annoying as heck! But if you think about it, it was still not that bad. But nowadays you have Lin fans spewing nonsense and then Lin fan haters spewing nonsense and this board is becoming so filled with litter posts that 50% of the time is a banter between Lin fans and Lin fan haters.

Every other post is :

Lin fans: Lin is great
    LFH: Oh look another Lin fans, Lin sucks
    Lin fans: you suck blah blah blah

Every topic in the Garm starts with Lin fans and LFH attacking each other before any real discussion about the topic even begins.

14. Benchwarmer

Benchwarmer Member

Harden seems to do that much more frequently .... and he still gets to play 40+ minutes every game and go ISO with the sticky icky icky ball late in games.

15. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Harden = Star
    Lin = Role player

16. Benchwarmer

Benchwarmer Member

Harden = 1 vs. 1 basketball, no D, take 20 shots a game.
    Lin = Team basketball

1 person likes this.
  17. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

This is why no one is going to take you seriously.

Your view of what's happening is so warped it's unreal.

Harden is our best 1 on 1 player, but it's hardly all he does or even the majority of what he does.

Harden has some bad defensive tendencies, but to say he has no D is ridiculous.

Melo and LA are the only 2 players in the league to put up 20+ shots a game. Harden isn't even close.

18. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

So much ado over a mediocre bench role player like Lin. Common!

Lin is getting far more minutes than usual role players and bench players get. his fans should be happy

19. JMG524

JMG524 Member

Funny how all the Lin trolls suddenly crawl out the woodwork after a couple bad games. Given 30+ minutes per game Lin is easily a 15/5 player which are more comparable to starters' numbers than mediocre role player. However on THIS team, I do agree the offense flows better with him coming off the bench.

20. 95Rockets

95Rockets Member

May I ask what the link/s are to those forum?