1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who would you build your team around, Rubio or Wall

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by SPF35, Jan 9, 2012.

Tags:
?

Who would you build your team around

1. Ricky Rubio

45 vote(s)
    24.7%
  2. John "Brick" Wall

137 vote(s)
    75.3%
  1. Alvin Choo

Alvin Choo Member

Why bump a thread from 2 years ago?

2. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

Who is choosing Rubio?

How is this even a debate?

Wall by a mile. He is the best pg in the east. And Rubio is just over rated and flashy.

3. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

Seriously? It's about revisiting a question that was posed two years ago and determining who was right (i.e., the people who voted for Wall).

4. dragician

dragician Member

oops, sorry i didn't that Washington has been consistently in the playoffs since Wall joined them. :eek:

5. Panda23

Panda23 Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/8g5CkRx30kA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

6. MamboRock

MamboRock Member

That Rubio clown? LOL.

7. RocketForever

RocketForever Contributing Member

He was so good in this game. He scored from inside, scored from outside, scored on fast breaks, dish out assists, threw down thunderous dunks.....

This kid is a young Michael Jordan.

8. GoRox2013

GoRox2013 Member

It's funny reading these old posts and seeing how wrong and inaccurate some of you were. Some of you grow a personal attatchment to one player, and let that emotion affect your opinion when comparing him to another athlete.

With that said, Rubio was & never will be the player John Wall is talent wise. Not even close and you should be ashamed for ever thinking he was

9. KingLeoric

KingLeoric Member

I have both Wall and Rubio on my fantasy team and I ain't even mad at my FG%

10. ooooaaaah!

ooooaaaah! Member

I agree 100% with that! Rubio will never be a scorer. How can you build a franchise around a guy that will never score 20+ games. So he can be John Stockton and guess what, that was Malone's team. Rubio is not tough like Stockton either.

They are both 23, Wall doesn't play with an All-Star and Rubio does. Both teams are about .500 and yet some people think Rubio is better? What goggles do I need to put on to see that Rubio is better?

11. felixng2012

felixng2012 Member

If you have to build your team around either player you are in trouble. Rubio is a 3rd/4th best player on a contender at best unless he magically gets WAY better as a scorer. Wall has never impressed me all that much. I think he can become a secondary player on a contender but it will be hard to build a team around him. It would have to be a 04 Pistons or 02 Kings type of team that is stacked at each position where there isn't a clear cut #1 guy.

12. felixng2012

felixng2012 Member

Lmfao.

13. MamboRock

MamboRock Member

I LMAO too.

This statement is almost as dumb as your signature...

"Draft Vince Young and don't look back. (RocketForever said in 2006)

Draft Teddy Bridgewater and don't look back. (RocketForever said in 2014)"

WAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH