1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Lin making the case for being a starter?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by trugoy, Jan 1, 2014.

1. Panda23

Panda23 Member

McHale isn't to blame for Lin performance, McHale is to be blamed for not putting Lin in when Brooks completely cooled off in the second half.

2. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

This I will concede.

Again: Lin's leash is this long (---).

And Brooks' leash is this long (--------)

And Beverly's leash is this long (---------------------)

And Harden's leash is this long (---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------)

3. Hrock

Hrock Rookie

lol...nice.

4. Razsan

Razsan Member

Did Brooks not miss EVERY shot he took in the 2nd half??? And you watched a different game than I if you remotely think that he was effective in the least (2nd half) and again...WHO's blaming Lin's performance on anyone else. My opinion is that McHale made a huge blunder in leaving Brooks in and your opinion apparently is not.

5. aurocketfan

aurocketfan Member

LOL..

6. mikster

mikster Rookie

It was the right call to let AB play cause he had the hot hands going first half but due to McHail's short leash on Lin he let AB stay in a little too long. I think we were still up by 6 or 8 points when AB was subbed in. If the rockets wanna be real contenders then either trust your PG (let him play thru good and bads for exp) or trade him....atm trading Lin would probably be best for the team..find a PG that McHail wouldn't treat as a bench warmer if he goes 1-5.

7. steady

steady Member

Yes, I agree with this.

We were up by 10 when AB subbed for Lin in the 3rd. Down by 8 when Lin was put back in.

8. Little General

We were up by 10pts. The score was OKC 68-78 HOU with 4:14 to play in the 3rd quarter. At the end of the quarter we tied at 83-83. When AB was subbed out the score was OKC 97-89 HOU with 4:12 to play in the last quarter.

9. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Lin's rookie mistakes are just a killer. His turnovers aren't Nash turnovers going for an assist, they are just horrendous and painful.

I wish he would just start looking to score, and stop with the indecisiveness.

10. CheezeyBoy22

CheezeyBoy22 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Man he's shooting like crap... Watching him tonight.

I'm really looking forward to Patrick B coming back. I like Lin coming off the bench.

11. dantian

dantian Member

Lin has regressed with his decision making in P&R and other half-court situations. That's weird for a young and smart player. But knowing that McHale doesn't coach and has no trust in Lin, this is conceivable.

12. SuperBeeKay

SuperBeeKay Member

yes somehow chandler parsons gets better, t jones gets better, dmo gets better and beverely gets better and somehow none of this is credited to mchale. But all of the sudden when lin isnt playing well its definitely the coaches fault that hes missing his shots and turning it over. fire mchale!

13. Play07

Play07 Member

Parson plays through his mistakes 40mins no matter what

14. ILoveWhiteGirls

I agree.

15. fooshayd

fooshayd Rookie

I honestly don't think Lin should be on this team anymore. What's the point of a 8 million a dollar point guard if you are not going to play or develop him. We need to trade him and atleast get something back.

16. Play07

Play07 Member

I was thinking the same thing, if you not going to play or develop him trade him, once bev comes back brooks & Lin will share the back up mins. I like Lin but the team could use that money somewhere else

17. CheezeyBoy22

CheezeyBoy22 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

How much can they really develop him though? You have to ask yourself what can he do to help improve his game? I know he was working on his outside shot but he really hasn't done much in my opinion to really make a case for himself will Patrick B has been out. I'm not a Lin hater by any means but he hasn't done well if you ask me.

18. wompwomp

wompwomp Member

to be fair, lin has a ridiculous short leash. Part of it is the construct of the team. Parsons gets his minutes no matter he plays good or bad. I am not sure how beverley has gotten better but ok. I love jones but it aint like mchale has much options there either. And really, Dmo he plays once every 4 days.

I do think lin is missing a sense of urgency in the last few games but it must be frustrating to play error free basketball and push the ball, or be sub out and never come in at all, especially playing the PG position. I really dont know why Mchale does what he does but what do I know. Extend Mchale!

19. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Lin has zero confidence. He is marginalizing himself. Can't wait to have PBev back in the starting line up.

20. fooshayd

fooshayd Rookie

I just feel like young players should be able to play through their mistakes ( aka Parsons). But obviously the coaching staff are just not that high on him. which if is the case just get rid of him.

Thing with lin is that he is such a confidence player. I feel like he would be much more consistent if he gets to play consistently and have a defined role game to game. I am a fan of Lin but I really feel like he just doesn't fit this team and our current system, It would be better to trade him and get something back that would actually help us .