1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live, including SGA and the Thunder taking on the New Orleans Pelicans

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Official Fire McHale Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by FTW Rockets FTW, Apr 19, 2012.

1. Scientific1

Scientific1 Member

Defnese? We talking about defense? Not the way the team scores? Its how you put points, but defense?

The focus is on how we scored only 19 points on the half, but how about we allowed 63 in one? If we'd have just D'd up, even a tiny little bit, we should have held them to under 50 in the first half.

Predictable offense, with absolutely no emphasis on defense. Talent is why we are winning.

2. Rock Block

Rock Block Sorta here sometimes
    Supporting Member

Not sure if anyone brought this up but I see Kubiak sitting on the bench....no adjustments and sticks to his game plan no matter and doesn't hold players accountable....alot of similarities IMO

3. ZNB

ZNB Contributing Member

I just think alot of people will be disapointed with whoever we have as head coach sans Pop, Phil, or Doc. Most coaches in the league have the same faults Mchale has. Mchale is by no means a great coach, he is probably average at best. Just be careful what you wish for, because there are only a handful of coaches in the league that will meet most posters expectations.

4. Chemistry

Chemistry Member

What about Thibs? Can we lure him here? I'd trust him to take us to a championship.

5. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Tell that to Portland, Dallas, Indiana, and Phoenix. I'd say their coaches are making a huge difference for those franchises.

6. dantian

dantian Member

Any coach will do better than McHale. Give me even the rookies Kidd, Hornecak, Shaw. All way better.

7. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

BoB was a great hire.

Reeko is spot on. Mchale only gets fired if we don't get out of the first round :(

8. Sports2012

Sports2012 Member

McHale preaches read and react. For last night's game vs Thunders, I wonder what he was reading so he's not reacting to Rox not scoring in the second half. Analysis paralysis maybe.

54-pt differential between first and second half. A really honorable record for any coach in NBA.

9. Hrock

Hrock Rookie

To qoute SBNATION who qouted Steve Kerr last night on DMO's performance:

"how has this guy not played this season."

Coaching decision.

10. hooroo

hooroo Member

This roster has only 3 starters.

In the past week we've had Morey & Dean Cooper admit this team has far to go I don't understand why most fans don't see it too.

11. ThisVoice

ThisVoice Member

You make adjustments when shots not falling, yes the coach

12. Raven

Raven Member

It's his body language that concerns me. I suspect chronic pain. You can see it in some of these old guys like Phil Jackson.

13. quatin

quatin Member

In all honesty, I still didn't like how Dmo was handled last night. McHale still camps him on the 3-point line, despite him going for 2-20 from the 3 this season before last night. The only difference was Dmo got into a groove and started knocking them down. I don't think it will last. Dmo needs to play closer to the rim.

14. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

Yes, he looked hopeless last night. I do not think there was anything to do with the chronic pain physically, but a chronic pain in his mind to solve the problems that he and everyone know for a while.

15. Hrock

Hrock Rookie

I agree. I think he should play him in specific situations. But his choices for subs are always questionable when things aren't going well.

16. Benchwarmer

Benchwarmer Member

5 men standing around, playing 1 on 1 vs. their defender is not a good offensive scheme. McHale is solely relying on talent alone to win games, just like he did with Garnett in Minnesota. He only wishes he had a Michael Jordan or Magic Johnson on the floor running the team for him, while he just sits back and does nothing but have flashbacks of his glory days playing for the Celtics.

1 person likes this.
  17. faraza84

faraza84 Member

We Need Lionel hollins. Come on morey

18. YallMean

YallMean Member

I am tired of ad-hoc small ball. Let's run some plays.

19. Sports2012

Sports2012 Member

That's exactly why I questioned earlier if he is worthy of a championship roster. It would be such a waste on him.

20. HadToDoItCF

HadToDoItCF Member

Meanwhile the REAL men want a team of tony Allen, Shane battier, and chuck Hayes, right? This comment stands out as stupid in a thread of stupid comments.

I'm glad you all are able to vent after our recent 3 game winning streak. I know that was frustrating for you all to see us winning like that, so have fun till next game while it lasts!

1 person likes this.