1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Morey needs to take some blame for these losses.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by pst257, Jan 17, 2014.

1. khyberjones

khyberjones Member

Glad you brought this up

Beverley was outplayed by Jackson in the playoffs, especially in games 5/6.

2. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Could have gone a different route with this thread title, but you went in a direction that can't really be rushed. You can't just start making moves because guys get injured. That's what the bench is for. Coach needs to do a better job of using it.

3. Billionzz

Billionzz Contributing Member

Come on, 73 in the first half and 19 in the second half, somebody is to blame for this teams record setting game. I would guess you know for the most part who is to blame for the Rockets only scoring 19 points in the second half, but it's ok if you don't want to jump on him.

I don't think Morey is to blame, he can only make moves that are there, and moves that are of value.

4. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

I dont know, i agree with the OP on all points.

5. SugarLandDream8

Every single NBA team plays b2b games. Guys like Charles, Kenny, and Shaq would never mention it. Even Mchale said don't ever mention it in one of his rants to the media a few days ago when we played 4 games in 5 nights and if our hc doesn't want it mentione you think 3 TNT announcers would mention it? Duh

As for Bev he is so bad no one would ever mention his absence on national tv as an excuse for the team losing this game especially since the Thunder are one of the teams Bev's "legendary D" is ineffective against.

6. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Who do you want to trade?

Asik, one of the best defensive centers in the league?

Beverley? One of the best bargains in the league?

Smith is injured.

Brewer has little to no value.

We need Brooks, garcia, and casspi as back ups.

And DMos stock plummeted this season. He needs to play well longer so that Morey has something to work with.

7. SugarLandDream8

The Rockets should probably trade 2 good players in Asik/Lin and draft picks for the 3rd star

8. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

You're right.

I blame the thunder.

9. IBIZA0408

IBIZA0408 Member

pelican get 7 games losing streak after they lost Ryan Anderson & Holiday

10. Billionzz

Billionzz Contributing Member

They did play some good D in the second half, I agree with you on that.

11. Edward77547

Edward77547 Member

The same thing you said about Beverley applies to Asik and Lin, outside of Houston most people see those two as backups. Don't see what kind of "Star" we would get for two bad contracts and some picks in the 20s.

12. SugarLandDream8

Please seriously. lmao

Lin is known by pretty much all NBA fans because of Linsanity. He is not an obscure PG no one knows like Beverly.

I think after last season most NBA GMs and head coaches knows Asik is a top 5 defensive center.

These 2 players are not unknown around the league like the 12 Per Bev

1 person likes this.
  13. SugarLandDream8

Do you consider Pau Gasol a star. I'm not sure I do anymore but Pau is still a guy who can get you points.

I can see LAL trading Pau for Asik + Lin + picks in the 20s.

That is 1 example.

Guys like Pau you can maybe get for those 2 players and a pick or two.

Guys that have great potential but a large contract like a Rudy Gay type player I could see us getting. Gay was traded twice because of his large contract.

Those type of players. Lin and Asik can get you a 17 millionish player

14. kastuul

kastuul Member

I like last year's Rockets more than this year.

15. Crunchyball

Crunchyball Rookie

Lol we were winning mchale just overplayed brooks hoping that he would go hot and bomb 3s

16. apollo33

apollo33 Member

what a genius you are, you should manage the team, you sure would've convinced some team to give us a star for one injured disgruntled backup and a inconsistent average pg

17. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

Asik given what he was done for us all year, which is nothing. He still has value, and has made it clear that he wants out so that is one piece.

The second piece would be Lin, given his oversea appeal, and OK play, he is still a trade chip that we could throw out there (very unlikely right now)

Third, Dmo, Smith, and Brewer are pieces that tanking teams would want, as they dont make the team better, are value contracts, and very low risk.

We still have picks at our disposal as well. The Rockets are in win now mode, and all these mins by the starters are gonna wear them out since our bench has been no shows for the past 2 months. If the trade for a contributors and depth comes then these are the pieces at play. I have full faith in Morey to make smart moves, that will not only make us better now, but would keep us in the running for that third star whether that be with max space, or assets that could be used in a Trade.

But for this deadline, I do not expect a third star, I just want a vet or two that can come in and contribute to the bench and the starting line up as well if its a PF!.... and/or I want Asik to man up, suit up, and play for this team like he is getting paid to do so. Everyone get healthy, and then we put this run together and get our chemistry down pat. Any way it goes, the Rockets have a very bright future ahead of them, there is no doubt about that.

18. djimi

djimi Member

Some of you here act like we lost game 7 of the NBA finals every time the Rockets lose a regular season game. I mentioned before, this team is a Work In Progress, we still need to clock in more games to get better, more games playing together, there's no substitute to getting better and losing is also part of that process of getting better. A young team needs to lose to get better, its very hard to find patient people nowadays. Firing Morey/McHale etc aint gonna help this team win. We'll just end up back to square 1. I give McHale until end of the season to see what happens, his bar is probably set to make it to the 2nd round, anything less we should be seeing a new coach after this season.

19. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

Of course, he constructed this team.

He should have sweet-talked Asik into buying in this year into his role. Morey's great with numbers but he's no people-person.

He should have traded Asik last Dec. I would have taken even Bass and Lee.

He should knock some sense into McHale. Obviously the coaching isn't working.

20. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

If Morey deserves blame anywhere, it's his idea of three-point-shooters (who play crap defense) paired with two defensive centers (one of whom deserves to start somewhere and is overpaid as a backup and who is sitting at home collecting checks under semi-false "DNP-mysterious thigh ailment"s).

Dwight Howard is collecting $20,000,000 to stand around and be forgotten. I guess he can call for the ball more, but I seriously don't know how much it'd help.

We need a real point guard.

We need players who defend.

We need another coach.

If Morey can take care of these things between now and next season, my blood pressure might just return to normal.